Rules on creating a thread for the purpose of slander.

glorydaz

A few of us would like to get along. However, there is an element
of "toxic beings" that purposely are out to disrupt. They're
angry and looking for trouble/controversy. "The Bible says in Romans
12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Which means, under certain circumstances, it may not be possible.

:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A few of us would like to get along. However, there is an element
of "toxic beings" that purposely are out to disrupt. They're
angry and looking for trouble/controversy. "The Bible says in Romans
12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Which means, under certain circumstances, it may not be possible.
My late husband used to tell our daughter that she could date an Aggie, or even a yankee, ..... but NEVER a liberal. If he had to lock her up and hog-tie her, THAT was never going to happen.
:AMR1:

glorydaz

My late husband used to tell our daughter that she could date an Aggie, or even a yankee, ..... but NEVER a liberal. If he had to lock her up and hog-tie her, THAT was never going to happen.
:AMR1:

That was good advice. Common sense cannot survive in the liberal mind.

Pretty soon, a person can't even kill a black widow spider...it must be relocated. The thought of eating some poor little animal becomes unbearable. Eventually, even the whiners have to be understood and coddled instead of taught a lesson. A down hill slide every time. :nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was good advice. Common sense cannot survive in the liberal mind.

Pretty soon, a person can't even kill a black widow spider...it must be relocated. The thought of eating some poor little animal becomes unbearable. Eventually, even the whiners have to be understood and coddled instead of taught a lesson. A down hill slide every time. :nono:
A world of
puppet-smiley.gif

glorydaz

I feel compelled to report: (oh, not officially, of course)

PJ just gave me a *shudder* neg rep on a thread that had been *closed - double shudder* for a post not even addressed to him. This was the offending post. I won't even repeat the comment he left with his NEG REP, but suffice it to say I was hurt deeply that he would commit this great SIN against me. :sigh:

glorydaz said:
They figured you'd be calling the cops....or maybe they thought you were so strange you might come out loaded for bear.

glorydaz

I feel compelled to report: (oh, not officially, of course)

PJ just gave me a *shudder* neg rep on a thread that had been *closed - double shudder* for a post not even addressed to him. This was the offending post. I won't even repeat the comment he left with his NEG REP, but suffice it to say I was hurt deeply that he would commit this great SIN against me. :sigh:

AHEM......BUMP.....

Breathe

Personally, I like diversity - it's very educational. Differing opinions on things force us to think, and to actively search for evidence to support our personal viewpoint. They force us to learn. And I have learned that the best way to avoid conflict here is to not post in threads where my knowledge is sparse - instead I read and study there.

Stop fighting, and listen to each other. Then we might all learn something new. ;)

If that doesn't help end the conflicts....there's always the "forced ignore" option. :D

glorydaz

Personally, I like diversity - it's very educational. Differing opinions on things force us to think, and to actively search for evidence to support our personal viewpoint. They force us to learn. And I have learned that the best way to avoid conflict here is to not post in threads where my knowledge is sparse - instead I read and study there.

Stop fighting, and listen to each other. Then we might all learn something new. ;)

If that doesn't help end the conflicts....there's always the "forced ignore" option. :D

Yeah, well this issue doesn't have anything to do with knowledge, reading or studying.

glorydaz

This is why God gave the 10 commandments....so that men would know what sin was. Let's keep track, shall we?

1. Thou shalt not give PJ neg reps.
2. Thou shalt not refer to PJ in any posts.
3. Thou shalt allow PJ to use his imagination when calculating neg reps. ie whatever numbers sound good...no verification necessary.
4. Thou shalt allow PJ ample opportunity for pay backs for any perceived injustice that might pop into his little noggin.

:carryon:

just paying you back 1 for every 10 I get. plus your comments are worse

There. Just added to the commandments. You're safe from all scrutiny now. :thumb:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Thing is, Aiki, that your basic, overall understandings are not the standard held by the majority with Fundamentalism.

As a result, you can expect much heat for that.

Yours appears much more along the line of something approaching an S.G.F. Brandon, though at times I wonder if it is closer to that of the German or English deists of, what, some two or three hundred years ago, or so.

In this, you're pretty much alone in your understanding, with the exception of say, Interplanner; who appears not only well read in such things as well, but to agree with to some extent - the "history first, then theology" that Bultmann kind of ended up "freeing" some to pursue.

In this, while I do not agree with the large part of your posts, I do appreciate their educational value.

But that is nowhere near the same as accepting them, let alone; endorsing them.

You'll have to suffer what you bring on yourself on TOL, a Fundamentalist forum. The best to you in this.

Thanks! Although I am hardly suffering.

I am trying to bring on to myself a fair hearing, some trenchant criticism, some valuable information and a few kind words.
But if and when I don't always get it doesn't say a lot about me, does it?

I actually have a life away from the websites I dip in to, so I won't be here as often as usual.

I am undertaking a focused study of Paul's letters. It is difficult for me because I was understanding Paul through the theology of St. Augustine and Martin Luther. It's a bit like listening to only one side of a phone conversation. We can hear what Paul is saying but we have to guess what the communities of believers were saying in return.

Have you read any memorable studies of Paul and Acts you could recommend?

glorydaz

Meshak got by with it for some time before the hammer fell.

Meshak didn't have many so people hoodwinked. It takes a real con-artist to be as successful as PJ has been. But, every con-artist slips up somewhere along the line, and I'm patient for the most part. :)