RSR's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

6days

User Name said:
The surface*is younger than previously supposed.*The surface, not the whole planet...
Perhaps the whole planet is much younger than supposed?*

Perhaps "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth?

Perhaps "he made the stars also...*and the evening and the morning were the fourth day

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps the whole planet is much younger than supposed?*

Perhaps "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth?

Perhaps "he made the stars also...*and the evening and the morning were the fourth day

Or perhaps you are wrong.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Why does Mercury have more craters than any other planet?

Feel free to randomly change the topic. :rolleyes:

Actually I was going somewhere with that and it has everything to do with the topic. I'll go ahead and answer the question myself.

Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock; 2) It has been geologically inactive for aeons, hence no volcanoes or geysers to spew out material that would fill in craters; 3) It has almost no atmosphere, hence no weathering of the rocky craters (although the surface is subjected to space weathering).

Pluto, by contrast, is not solid rock. It is covered in a layer which is primarily composed of ice and includes frozen nitrogen and methane. Strong evidence of geologic activity exists, including cryovolcanoes that would help to fill in and cover craters on the planet's surface. Its atmosphere is slight, but it does have one. These facts explain why Pluto is not covered with craters, and except for the atmosphere, they also apply to Charon, the largest of Pluto's moons. So the fact that Pluto and Charon are not covered in craters is not evidence of young age.

Last edited:

6days

Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock.....
Speaking of Mercury..... When that planet was examined a few years back, 2 predictions from 1984 by Russell Humphries , a Biblical creationist, were confirmed. (Magnetized crust and a rapid decay rate confirming the planet was only thousands of years old)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually I was going somewhere with that and it has everything to do with the topic. I'll go ahead and answer the question myself.

Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock; 2) It has been geologically inactive for aeons, hence no volcanoes or geysers to spew out material that would fill in craters; 3) It has almost no atmosphere, hence no weathering of the rocky craters (although the surface is subjected to space weathering).

Pluto, by contrast, is not solid rock. It is covered in a layer which is primarily composed of ice and includes frozen nitrogen and methane. Strong evidence of geologic activity exists, including cryovolcanoes that would help to fill in and cover craters on the planet's surface. Its atmosphere is slight, but it does have one. These facts explain why Pluto is not covered with craters, and except for the atmosphere, they also apply to Charon, the largest of Pluto's moons. So the fact that Pluto and Charon are not covered in craters is not evidence of young age.

Are you being intentionally dense?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not the lack of craters, it is the geological activity that shows youth.

6days

Your video is 13.4 minutes of 'begging the question' fallacy. Your guy starts with a false conclusion then interprets evidence to fit his answer.

Start with the truth of God's Word, and you know that Pluto not only looks young... but is young.
Start with the truth of God's Word, and you will understand why mature galaxies exist in the distant universe.
Start with the truth of God's Word, and you will see that the heavens declare the glory of our Creator.

6days

User Name said:
Explain what I got wrong and I'll be happy to say something about it.

You are wrong by using typical secular arguments that denies God's Word as absolute truth. Rather than follow the evidence wherever it leads, you start with the answer (billions of years) and shoehorn interpretations to fit.*

IE.*
'It looks young... but it isn't' (Pluto)

Other similar secular arguments...
'It looks old...but it isn't' (Distant universe)

Or
'It looks designed....but it isnt' (nature)

Or
'It looks as if someone fine tuned this...but no one did'

Etc

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
'It looks young... but it isn't' (Pluto)

Pluto certainly isn't very young, but it may be younger than current assumptions would indicate. For example, Pluto may have formed or reformed (as the result of collision) much more recently than the 8 main planets in our solar system. That would explain Pluto's small number of impact craters in that its surface is too young and fresh to have had time to receive impacts.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Pluto certainly isn't very young...

Sorry. Evidence, remember?

Evidence:

The United States Geological Survey(USGS) website has a lot of indepth material about how the age of the Solar System was determined. The basics of it are that all material radioactively decays into a stable isotope. Some elements decay within nanoseconds while others have projected half-lives of over 100 billion years. The USGS based their study on minerals that naturally occur in rocks and have half-lives of 700 million to 100 billion years. These dating techniques, known as radiometric dating, are firmly grounded in physics and are used to measure the last time that the rock being dated was either melted or disturbed sufficiently to re-homogenize its radioactive elements. These techniques returned an approximate age for meteorites of 4.6 billion years and Earth bound rocks around 4.3 billion years.​

http://www.universetoday.com/15575/how-old-is-the-solar-system/