Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
Because that's what Paul said about it.

(2 Cor 3:7 KJV) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Paul said it is good, spiritual holy, and not void.

You say it is not, and is void.

clefty

(Rom 8:2 KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Don't you want to be free from the law of sin and death?

Hey LOOK there remains a Law...the law of the SPIRIT of LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS...hmmmm wonder what that is?

Maybe by keeping the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus our failures to keep the law of sin and death will be covered...

Cuz maybe just maybe by keeping the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus we are actually keeping the law of sin and death? HMMMM...

I mean is keeping the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus in opposition to or contrary to or even different from the law of sin and death?

OH WAIT!!

So if the law of sin and death is abolished destroyed gone no longer present WHY BOTHER with the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus at all in the first place?

Funny how something abolished some 2000 years ago is NOT forgotten about...would think it would be and abolished and forgotten we would NOT NEED GRACE...

So...

You go out to eat and a friend pays your bill does NOT make the food free nor does it abolish the prices on the menu...

But whatever keep ignoring...

clefty

Explain Heb 9:15?

Exactly opposite what you wish it to say...if the old covenant was abolished those transgression would need NO dying for...as there would be no Law to point those transgressions out...

But NOW THAT HE HAS DIED...sealing that new covenent...those who are called NOW and commit transgressions under the first covenant ARE REEDEMED and still receive the promised eternal inheritance...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I mean is keeping the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus in opposition to or contrary to or even different from the law of sin and death?

The two laws cannot be the same:

(Heb 7:12) For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

The priesthood and the law changed.

There is a new law.

beloved57

Nope. The two sticks are specifically the tribes of Israel.

Ezek 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

This will happen when Jesus commands the nations to bring ALL the "children of Israel" back to their homeland.

Sorry. It's The Church the Body of Christ. You have been deceived.

Dartman

Sorry. It's The Church the Body of Christ. You have been deceived.
Setting our discussion of Scripture aside for a moment.

Seriously. Why would your reply EVER persuade ANYONE?

All you did is repeat your opinion, and take a personal shot.

You provided ZERO Scripture, and no alternate interpretation of the precise words in Ezekiel;

Ezek 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

clefty

changed administrations...places...covenants...signers

There is a new law.
you keep saying and have provided NO EVIDENCE to what was changed...

AGAIN:

Start with the 10...

Are we allowed to worship another god now?

Are we allowed to make idols now?

Are we allowed to take His name in vain?

Are we allowed to dishonor our parents?

Are we allowed to murder, steal, commit adultery, covet?

Are we allowed to LIE? You seem to think so...

I mean the above were NOT included in those 4 things crowding goyim were required to do to fellowship with other jews...ok maybe two of the above were...but still that Jerusalem council did NOT specifically state anything else was required of these crowding goyim right? JUST those 4 things...NOTHING ELSE was expected of those goyim from the OT they heard read to them every Sabbath...LOL

Was it because Luke LIED when he wrote it was jewish FALSE WITNESS that slandered Stephen and Paul claiming they taught He changed the laws...?

clefty

There is a new law.

Once the last will and testament is signed and sealed and the testator is dead NO changes are allowed right?

So if the law did change we should see DEMONSTRATIVE evidence of that change BEFORE He sealed it with His death right?

SO where does HE teach or demonstrate this change in not only the priesthood law but the LAW itself...

Should be easy to spot identify and list yes?...given how important these changes are to establish a new people...I mean IT TOOK 40 years right?

clefty

Could you help a brother out? Give me some change...

The change of laws that occured between His Father’s will revealed at Sinai and the ones He taught and lived (His life and teaching was His last will and testament and was sealed when jews killed Him...and a testament CAN NOT be changed after the testator dies therefore any changes from the original had to occur BEFORE He was killed by the jews)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Could you help a brother out? Give me some change...

The change of laws that occured between His Father’s will revealed at Sinai and the ones He taught and lived (His life and teaching was His last will and testament and was sealed when jews killed Him...and a testament CAN NOT be changed after the testator dies therefore any changes from the original had to occur BEFORE He was killed by the jews)

Many people believe some version of the life and teaching of Jesus are the new law. I don't know. But I do accept the book of Hebrews. So, what does it mean that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets? And, what is the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah? Salvation possibly or potentially being different.

beloved57

Nope. The two sticks are specifically the tribes of Israel.

This will happen when Jesus commands the nations to bring ALL the "children of Israel" back to their homeland.

Has nothing to do with jews no more than gentiles. Its the Body of Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you believe the New Covenant was made with the shed blood of Christ Jesus?

Rosenritter

I am asking if you are including Judas Iscariot.

Since I speaking chronologically, he did not confirm his status as LORD of Hosts to Judas Iscariot after his ascension. Judas was dead (and will remain dead) until the judgment. Please tell me if you were asking something else.

Rosenritter

(Lev 19:28 KJV) Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Under the law, getting a tattoo was a sin.

If a Christian gets a tattoo today, is it a sin?

If a non-Christian gets a tattoo is it a sin?

Correct. It is a sin for anyone to get a tattoo.

I think the correct answers are No and No.

Under the law of Moses, tattooing the flesh was a violation of that covenant.

1. Israel was under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.
2. Those who were not Israel were not under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.

Those who partake of the New Covenant are not under the Old Covenant, but our law is love and faith.

3. Under the New Covenant, what is not of faith is sin. Is the marking of the flesh harming your neighbor? If not, then judge for yourself on your own conscience whether marking your flesh represents sin.

Dartman

Do you believe the New Covenant was made with the shed blood of Christ Jesus?
The New Testament/Covenant was.
The New Covenant that will be made with the Nation of Israel AFTER the "times of the Gentiles" will be made by Christ. I don't know of any text that specifically mentions his blood related to that New Covenant.

Rosenritter

Are you against Paul or for the destruction of the temple? Me I can say neither of these. I have no problem with what the writer of Hebrews says here. Animal sacrifice may still be a part of God's plan, as it is found in the Ezekiel prophecy of a future temple if it was not the second temple or denied God's people on account of disobedience or something.

And what would those hypothetical animal sacrifices foreshadow?

clefty

(Gal 5:4) You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Thing is...we ain't trying to be JUSTIFIED by the law...justified BY HIM we WANT to keep the law...at least try...you know...GRATITUDE...

I mean we dont breathe TO BECOME alive do we? No...we breath because we ALREADY ARE ALIVE...

We dont read the owner’s manual of a car and (do what it says) to earn the right to own it...we get the car and NOW as OWNER we WANT to take care of it and use it appropriately so we want to read the owner’s manual AND DO WHAT IT SAYS...duh

We dont do what is lawful and get married in order to fall in love...we WANT to do what is lawful and get married BECAUSE WE ALREADY ARE IN LOVE...

In fact we who try to keep the Law because we are grateful for being saved by what He worked for us and in us to do...we desire and receive MORE grace for trying and then failing and repenting that oops...

Yours NEED NO GRACE certainly no more of it...as well...you claim the jewish LIE that the Law is abolished...so nothing to point out your sins...no Law means no sin means no need of grace...

You have fallen away from grace...you have no more need of it

Last edited: