Robert said, Knight said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Robert said, "The Bible is the inspired word of God. Calvinism is the inspired word of the devil".

Knight replied, "Uh... I think that's a bit much. Calvinism is just a theological concept. One I disagree with but hardly Satanic".

Truster looks at the fact of the matter:

Anything that is not Divinely Inspired and is conveyed through unregenerate man is, by its very nature, demonic. " The prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobeidence".
Therefore if Calvin was unregenerate Robert is correct. On the other hand, if Calvin was a converted man Roberto has blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Interesting times we* live in.

we* the redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Robert said, "The Bible is the inspired word of God. Calvinism is the inspired word of the devil".

Knight replied, "Uh... I think that's a bit much. Calvinism is just a theological concept. One I disagree with but hardly Satanic".

Anything that is not Divinely Inspired and is conveyed through unregenerate man is, by its very nature, demonic. " The prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobeidence".
Therefore if Calvin was unregenerate Robert is correct. On the other hand, if Calvin was a converted man Roberto has blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

I would suggest you read up on the historical record relating to John Calvin. He played a part in the MURDER of over 50 people who disagreed with his 'false doctrines.'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It might be said that Calvinism, like all other 'false doctrines' is influenced, in some way, by Satan, in order to distract humanity from the 'true Gospel.'

Robert Pate

Banned

There is no evidence that John Calvin was a Christian. Google "The Atrocities of John Calvin".

"Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe a better way to frame this thread would be something along the lines of.....

Is Calvinism satanic or just bad theology?

Because it is an interesting topic but I agree with Sherman that the threads seems like you are trying to cause trouble.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think Calvinism is Satanic but it might have some cultish like characteristics with some in the reformed circle, depending upon what they feel is the result of those who aren't Calvinists.

We were recently considered outcasts at a church we had been attending for 10 years. The pastor was a dear man to me and my family but he is a hardcore Calvinist. Our families knew each other since before I was born and before he became a pastor. He was like a second father. Twenty years ago we were able to see the light and broke away from what I was convinced was a false theology. He wasn't a pastor at that time and had moved away pretty far but we still stayed in touch. We never told him as we didn't see the need and wanted to maintain our relationship. Ten years ago when we found out that he was pastoring a local church, so we decided to attend because it was Southern Baptist. Since SB don't usually preach straight forward Calvinism we checked it out. Sure enough, he pretty much stayed away from that subject. He did preach some good stuff and no fluff that you get from a lot of seeker friendly churches today. Just a sprinkle here and there so we saw no reason to let him in on us not being Calvinists anymore. But the last few years he has gradually worked it into his sermons until finally, he now tends to preach Calvinism pretty heavy. We finally felt we could not take being under these sermons anymore. We had a few other issues so we left with them thinking that these were the reasons so that we might still maintain some kind of relationship. Low and behold, a member, who found out through my son who started debating him about Calvinism, pretty much went and "tattled" to our former pastor. Once he found out, he sent us a letter that was pretty harsh, telling us that we must flee from such beliefs. We were told that we were headed for hell if we didn't. We were also told that they could no longer maintain any kind of relationship with us. So, to this degree, where Calvinists believe only Calvinists can be saved, and that they must shun even very close friends who fellowshipped with them in many other likeminded beliefs, I have to at least consider that those who would go this far, might be diving into a realm of cultish behavior. I don't consider them satanic but I'm concerned with the drastic beliefs, at least with some who would take it to this degree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.