Robb Elementary School shooting

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Go right ahead and show me in the Catechism or Canon Law where I must fall in line with the bishops on their gun control ideology?
Well, you weren't lying when you called yourself "Idolater." You love your instruments of death more than you love your Church.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Want more? You can't even rent a car in Texas until you're 21.
Interesting. You can rent one in New York at 18, but expect to pay a hefty surcharge if you are under 25.

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous laws about gun ownership in New York

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, you weren't lying when you called yourself "Idolater." You love your instruments of death more than you love your Church.

Came across this analogy:

You're at the playground with your
kids. You and all the other parents are
watching the youngsters play. One kid
picks up a stick and starts beating the
other kids.

Democrat's solution: Take the stick
away from the kid.

Republican's solution: Give all the
kids a stick.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

other kids.
You forgot the part where the one kid chose the group of other kids that didn't have sticks
away from the kid.
No.

Democrat solution is to take sticks away from all the kids and pretend that the kid who was hitting the other kids won't pick up a rock.
kids a stick.
Yes, you have this one correct. The Republican solution is to give all the kids a stick and to direct them to beat harshly the one kid who decides to hit the other kids.

Arthur Brain

Want more? You can't even rent a car in Texas until you're 21.
Some of the state laws in America sure lack consistency. As I've mentioned in other threads, if someone is old enough to go and fight in a war then they're darned well old enough to sit in a bar and have a beer.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
1) "American Catholic"? It's the recommendations of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops that you reject.
I already responded to your accusation. You blubbered on about how I love guns more than children or something idiotic.
2) As we've established, you're not an "originalist."
lol. "Saying it doesn't make it so." And repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

Idolater

Good thing that you put it in quotes.
I have to. While it would be nice for one word to sum up my position the word doesn't exist. "Originalist" is close enough. If anybody wants to get into more detail, "I'm you're huckeberry," and have at it.

Idolater

other kids.

away from the kid.

kids a stick.
Facile. Who are the people with the "solutions" in this analogy? Playground overlords? The analogy's useless. We're entirely democratic, we are the government. Why are we even in the playground? Facile.

marke

An AR-15 to shoot prairie dogs? A prairie dog would make a better senator.
An AR-15 might be a good weapon to use to defend against demented American officials that want to strip America of its Christian religion and God-given rights.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Facile. Who are the people with the "solutions" in this analogy? Playground overlords? The analogy's useless. We're entirely democratic, we are the government. Why are we even in the playground? Facile.

I think the analogy works very well, Idolator. After every school shooting, Republicans want to add more guns. Arm the teachers. Arm the janitors. Arm the parent volunteers. Arm all the good guys.

When maybe if the shooter hadn't been able to buy the AR-15s he used in the massacre, maybe the massacre wouldn't have happened. Or maybe at least not at the same level of destruction, had he used a less lethal weapon, one that didn't destroy the little bodies so much they needed DNA swabs from the parents to identify them.

Idolater

An AR-15 might be a good weapon to use to defend against demented American officials that want to strip America of its Christian religion and God-given rights.
tbf also against prairie dogs.

It's only a .22

marke

I think the analogy works very well, Idolator. After every school shooting, Republicans want to add more guns. Arm the teachers. Arm the janitors. Arm the parent volunteers. Arm all the good guys.

When maybe if the shooter hadn't been able to buy the AR-15s he used in the massacre, maybe the massacre wouldn't have happened. Or maybe at least not at the same level of destruction, had he used a less lethal weapon, one that didn't destroy the little bodies so much they needed DNA swabs from the parents to identify them.
The oppressive Marxist idea that democrat tyrants should outlaw guns in the hands of hundreds of millions of law-abiding Americans under the ridiculous illusion that such bans will keep thugs and murderers from taking illegal guns and murdering innocent people is astoundingly stupid.