Resurrection "Easter" reminder

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was watching The Ten Commandments, again. I wanted to remind all that we have been set free from the bondage of sin and death. Believe and trust him and you shall live.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen!

And here is why.

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen!

And here is why.

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen. Good post, praising God

KingdomRose

Amen. Good post, praising God

Where was Jesus' God and Father, Jehovah, mentioned in that post? Didn't Jesus indicate that glory should go to his Father?

"I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." (John 8:50, NASB)

"Jesus answered, 'If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, "He is our God"; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you.'" (John 8:54)

journey

Yes! And what do you think he is DOING, right now?

First, Jesus Christ is God. He is one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:34-39 KJV Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Where was Jesus' God and Father, Jehovah, mentioned in that post? Didn't Jesus indicate that glory should go to his Father?

"I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." (John 8:50, NASB)

"Jesus answered, 'If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, "He is our God"; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you.'" (John 8:54)

I understand your distress, knowing that your beliefs are wrong. Has it been a tough Easter for ya ?

Epoisses

Yes. And that was early morning Saturday. Translators tweaked the translation from Greek and bingo. Saturday resurrection became Sunday resurrection.

This is beyond ridiculous! Christians have had it all wrong for 2000 years but Samie is here to save the day.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes. And that was early morning Saturday. Translators tweaked the translation from Greek and bingo. Saturday resurrection became Sunday resurrection.
Personally I don't care what the days of the week were, because on the third day Jesus Christ is Risen !!!

6days

Absolutely! Of course the man Christ Jesus indicated glory should go to the Father. He told us He is the gate.... Jesus is the mediator between sinful humanity and a Holy God.

Samie

This is beyond ridiculous! Christians have had it all wrong for 2000 years but Samie is here to save the day.
I don't think you were alive since 2000 years ago you knew all Christians believed in a Sunday resurrection.

Mark 16:9 tells us Jesus resurrected on πρωῒ πρώτῃ σαββάτου. And that's referring to Saturday early morning. In the Septuagint, all occurrences of the genitive σαββάτου are from the Hebrew shabbath and NEVER from shabua which is Hebrew for week.