Republicans and Pres O's economics

drbrumley

The Republican budget in 2014 did not cut spending at all, and in fact actually increased spending by $1.5 trillion over ten years. The Republicans are using the old DC trick of spending less than originally planned and calling that reduced spending increase a $5.1 trillion cut in spending. Only in DC could a budget that increases spending by 3.5 percent per year instead of by 5.2 percent per year be attacked as a “slash-and-burn” plan.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
http://video.foxnews.com/v/40108751...onomic-vision/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Pres O can take his economic ideas and all his ideas and... well, he can figure out what he can do with them, b/c he isn't going to get far with a Republican Congress...

etc... etc..

___:mario:
According to Forbes Magazine, a reliable indicator of conservative economics, Obama's economic policies dealing with jobs, growth and investing have already outperformed Ronald Reagan's presidency.

Given the severity of the Great Recession and unprecedented Republican obstruction, Obama’s economic policies have been a success.

But alas, Obama and the GOP still know which side of their bread is actually buttered.... The administration as well as the GOP Congress has protected Wall Street.

--Not families who were losing their homes.
--Not people who lost their jobs.
--Not young people who were struggling to get an education.

This happened over and over and over again.

republicanchick

But alas, Obama and the GOP still know which side of their bread is actually buttered.... The administration as well as the GOP Congress has protected Wall Street.

--Not families who were losing their homes.
--Not people who lost their jobs.
--Not young people who were struggling to get an education.

This happened over and over and over again.

congress has a low approval rating

but why does Pres O have a better one?

don't get that...

at least congres has a few logical people... Republicans

++

jsjohnnt

congress has a low approval rating

but why does Pres O have a better one?

don't get that...

at least congres has a few logical people... Republicans

++
RepublicanChick -- do what I have done. I have learned not to pay any attention to the polls, only to the results of the many fantasy polls from the Left. "Results" I say, as in "what happens in the voting booth."

Examples: Obama came to the 2008 election cycle with a 67% approval rating, via Leftist polling, but only captured 53% of the nations voters.

In his second election, Romney got 1 million more votes than McCain and Obama took in 3.5 million fewer votes than in 2008 -- a loss of support totaling 4.5 million people. Bush, on the other, the hated and "very unpopular" GW, took in 12 million more votes, in his re-election, than in 2000. 12 FREAKING MILLION. And the two midterms, combined, have taken the Dems back to 1928. Obama is our greatest ally, in a way, because he is single handedly, destroying the Dems, in today quickly changing political economy. "We" own 31 state governorship compared to 17 for the Dems. We are looking at the largest elective disparity between the two parties in a 100 years, if not "ever." 66 of the 100 state legislative houses (state Senates and Houses), the largest majority in the House ever, and the most one-sided election (2014) since the historic elections following the Progressive, Woodrow Wilson. The Utopian in our White House, has managed to forfeit super-majorities in both houses of Congress, on his way to having been "lame duck" since July of 2010, when he signed Doddd/Frank. The presidential election 0f 1920, was a 61 to 39 percent destruction of the Dems, the most one sided presidential election in American history. Again, the 2014 mid-terms were historic on THAT level.

We are "winning," young lady. Hang in there.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
http://video.foxnews.com/v/40108751...onomic-vision/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Pres O can take his economic ideas and all his ideas and... well, he can figure out what he can do with them, b/c he isn't going to get far with a Republican Congress...

etc... etc..

___:mario:
***Of course not, and he realizes this.

***And he has already outperformed Ronald Reagan on jobs, growth and investment.

***And by the way, he has reduced the deficit by trillions.

***Not since World War II--more than 60 years ago--has there been faster and more sustained deficit reduction. Our great country's economy is better positioned than any other advanced economy on the planet.

republicanchick

RepublicanChick -- do what I have done. I have learned not to pay any attention to the polls, only to the results of the many fantasy polls from the Left. "Results" I say, as in "what happens in the voting booth."

Examples: Obama came to the 2008 election cycle with a 67% approval rating, via Leftist polling, but only captured 53% of the nations voters.

In his second election, Romney got 1 million more votes than McCain and Obama took in 3.5 million fewer votes than in 2008 -- a loss of support totaling 4.5 million people. Bush, on the other, the hated and "very unpopular" GW, took in 12 million more votes, in his re-election, than in 2000. 12 FREAKING MILLION. And the two midterms, combined, have taken the Dems back to 1928. Obama is our greatest ally, in a way, because he is single handedly, destroying the Dems, in today quickly changing political economy. "We" own 31 state governorship compared to 17 for the Dems. We are looking at the largest elective disparity between the two parties in a 100 years, if not "ever." 66 of the 100 state legislative houses (state Senates and Houses), the largest majority in the House ever, and the most one-sided election (2014) since the historic elections following the Progressive, Woodrow Wilson. The Utopian in our White House, has managed to forfeit super-majorities in both houses of Congress, on his way to having been "lame duck" since July of 2010, when he signed Doddd/Frank. The presidential election 0f 1920, was a 61 to 39 percent destruction of the Dems, the most one sided presidential election in American history. Again, the 2014 mid-terms were historic on THAT level.

We are "winning," young lady. Hang in there.

hey, thanks, nice to read something positive for a change.. Well, I read positive stuff here but it's .. uh, usually not directed towrd the RepublicanBabe... :) no siree....

so could u explain Dodd Frank to me?

republicanchick

***Of course not, and he realizes this.

***And he has already outperformed Ronald Reagan on jobs, growth and investment.

***And by the way, he has reduced the deficit by trillions.

***Not since World War II--more than 60 years ago--has there been faster and more sustained deficit reduction. Our great country's economy is better positioned than any other advanced economy on the planet.

keep drinking that lie-colored Kool-Aid...

there's a sucker born every minute..

++++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
keep drinking that lie-colored Kool-Aid...

there's a sucker born every minute..

++++
Kool-Aid is great on a hot day. And your comment about babies born to nurse their mothers is understandable.

What is not understandable is that you are ignoring facts, evidence and economic data.

So you change the subject by veering off down a rabbit hole of your own state of denial.

Are you aware of the new economic indicators?

So you think they are "lies"?

Really?

republicanchick

Kool-Aid is great on a hot day. And your comment about babies born to nurse their mothers is understandable.

What is not understandable is that you are ignoring facts, evidence and economic data.

So you change the subject by veering off down a rabbit hole of your own state of denial.

Are you aware of the new economic indicators?

So you think they are "lies"?

Really?

once someone (some admin) lies to me, say, 5 times... I tend to shut out what they are saying... I mean, you know.. I don't really like listening to lies... makes no sense. Why listen to lies when I can listen to... or read truth? makes so sense..

of course, those who are also liars eat this lie stuff up... well, they can ingest that, that is hteir choice...

+

jsjohnnt

hey, thanks, nice to read something positive for a change.. Well, I read positive stuff here but it's .. uh, usually not directed towrd the RepublicanBabe... :) no siree....

so could u explain Dodd Frank to me?
Dodd/Frank was the brain child of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. It was created to deal with the problem of "too big to fail" and was signed into law in July of 2010 (ObamaCAre was signed March 23, 2010). These are the only two pieces of major legislation signed by Obama in 6 years and counting.

Dodd/Frank is only half written, to this day and 25% of the bill does not even have a skeletal guide for completion. You don't hear anything about the bill, because it has never been completed . . . but that is how the present Utopian class runs the show . . . . . . . its all for show.

Affordable Housing was a federal policy embraced by Dems and the Bush Administration. Its goal was to put high risk poor people into their own homes and move them from the renter class. The government (Fanny and Freddie) would assume the risk for these loans, after banking wrote the paper. With this assumption, a guarantee for each and every loan, the banks were free to loan that same money out, again. All was well and good, for about 10 years until folks had to refi their original loans. With increased payments, came higher and higher default rates. When no one is paying their mortgage(s), those loans go up in smoke, homes are repossessed, and the government looses its investment. At the time of the collapse, Fanny and Freddie owned about 60% of all mortgages originally written by Big Banking . . . . By the beginning of 2008, the end was in sight. Loans were defaulting so fast, Big Banking could keep up, and in September, the banks began to fail and we had the "collapse." But this was not the fault of Big Banking. Rather, it was the fault of Utopian/Progressives dreams of fairness and redistributed wealth, to people who could not or did not work. Nothing is free and we paid the price for learning that lesson, once again.

republicanchick

Dodd/Frank was the brain child of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.
Hey, that's all the 'splainin' I need right there!

that qu... I mean "gay" dude? outa here. But I will read the rest of your 'spainin first

It was created to deal with the problem of "too big to fail" and was signed into law in July of 2010 (ObamaCAre was signed March 23, 2010). These are the only two pieces of major legislation signed by Obama in 6 years and counting.

Dodd/Frank is only half written, to this day and 25% of the bill does not even have a skeletal guide for completion. You don't hear anything about the bill, because it has never been completed . . . but that is how the present Utopian class runs the show . . . . . . . its all for show.

Affordable Housing was a federal policy embraced by Dems and the Bush Administration. Its goal was to put high risk poor people into their own homes and move them from the renter class. The government (Fanny and Freddie) would assume the risk for these loans, after banking wrote the paper. With this assumption, a guarantee for each and every loan, the banks were free to loan that same money out, again. All was well and good, for about 10 years until folks had to refi their original loans. With increased payments, came higher and higher default rates. When no one is paying their mortgage(s), those loans go up in smoke, homes are repossessed, and the government looses its investment. At the time of the collapse, Fanny and Freddie owned about 60% of all mortgages originally written by Big Banking . . . . By the beginning of 2008, the end was in sight. Loans were defaulting so fast, Big Banking could keep up, and in September, the banks began to fail and we had the "collapse." But this was not the fault of Big Banking. Rather, it was the fault of Utopian/Progressives dreams of fairness and redistributed wealth, to people who could not or did not work. Nothing is free and we paid the price for learning that lesson, once again.

yeh, I did know about a lot of that, just didn't know about the D/F part..

yeh, there are some peculiar practices in Washington.. no wonder Congress has a very low approval rating.

Thanks for that info, even though, again, I already knew about the goofy loans and etc... just wasn't clear on D/Q... I mean D/F

:)