REPORT: Should Gays Adopt? - by Bob Enyart

Projill

God also tells us to smash little kids against rocks and to stone our kids.

If god wants me to do that to any child I love, well, I'll call child protective services on him myself.

missedmarks

The Rod being spoke of is comprable to a shepard's rod, (Thy Rod and staff) when was the last time you saw a shepard beat his sheep with his shepard's crook?

The point of the passage is not God's authorization to strike your children. It is saying that good parents will guide and shepard their children to adulthood. God also says "Fathers do not provoke your children to anger"

That is not "what I think" that is completely Biblical. Of course I read the whole book, I did not dig through it looking for an excuse to take a seven year old "out back" and beat him with a belt.

Barbiedoll

Originally posted by missedmarks
The Rod being spoke of is comprable to a shepard's rod, (Thy Rod and staff) when was the last time you saw a shepard beat his sheep with his shepard's crook?

The point of the passage is not God's authorization to strike your children. It is saying that good parents will guide and shepard their children to adulthood. God also says "Fathers do not provoke your children to anger"

That is not "what I think" that is completely Biblical. Of course I read the whole book, I did not dig through it looking for an excuse to take a seven year old "out back" and beat him with a belt.

People like you are the reason kids are growing up to be criminals and heathens. Look at King David, he didn't spank his kids, and did you read what all happened with his kids? It was horrible.

kiwimac

BANNED
Banned
How do you know David didn't spank his kids?, Were you there?

If not how on earth can you make the statement you just have, there is NO evidence for it in the Bible!!!

Kiwimac

missedmarks

Children grow up to be criminals and heathans because parents don't discipline their children. They either,

A. Let their kids do whatever they want, and give them no discipline.

B. They beat their kids to the point of abuse.

My son had a bad day yesterday, he disrispected his mother and lied to us about spilling something. He came clean about the spill later and faced his punishment. He got a lecture on what he did wrong and went this weekend without watching TV. He spent his weekend bored and when he got upset about not being able to watch TV the message that what he did was wrong and that he had to suffer the consequences.

Of course it would've been much easier to yell at him once and whack him on the hind end a couple of times.

We have figured out you can't really train a horse or a dog by beating it, why do we insist that this is the best way to train our children.

I am not the reason that a large portion of parents in this country have decided to not raise their children. I am doing a pretty good job with my son. I wound never beat him the way Enyart did that boy, I don't care what he did, Taking a young boy outside and beating him with a belt is not good parenting, its abuse. I can't see how anyone who has read the Bible could end up thinking this way.

Chris Chrusher

Originally posted by JGaltJr.
Swordfish, a little hint - quoting a fool like Paul is no more significant than hearing you say something. Opinions are a dime a dozen and most of Paul's opinions are pretty worthless.
As are yours.

Barbiedoll

Originally posted by Projill
God also tells us to smash little kids against rocks and to stone our kids.

If god wants me to do that to any child I love, well, I'll call child protective services on him myself.

You're off your crazy rocker, Projill!! God never told anyone to do that to their kids.

F

firechyld

I like that rod/shepherd staff interpretation.

And no-one answered me about the family unit. Again.

Barbiedoll

Barbie, check out Psalm 137:9.

If you're going to go around quoting the Bible, you need to learn the meaning of what you're quoting before you quote it. This chapter was written by Ezra who is praying for vengeance on the children of Edom who rejoiced in the fall of Jerusalem and demanded it to be completely destroyed.

God has never told anyone what you accused Him of.

The way you are always putting down God and Christians, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes for your socks.

Projill

Wasn't there also a deal in the Bible about stoning disobedient children? Or did I dream it?

Besides, you're a Christian...You believe the Bible was divinely inspired. What do you think is God's stance on Ezra's prayer if he was so good as to include it in Psalms?

And for the record, I have nothing against the Christian god. I also have nothing against Zeus, Kali, Cernunnos, Pele, Dionysus, Hecate, Ishtar, Mithra, and Santa Claus.

Barbiedoll

Wasn't there also a deal in the Bible about stoning disobedient children? Or did I dream it?

Besides, you're a Christian...You believe the Bible was divinely inspired. What do you think is God's stance on Ezra's prayer if he was so good as to include it in Psalms?

And for the record, I have nothing against the Christian god. I also have nothing against Zeus, Kali, Cernunnos, Pele, Dionysus, Hecate, Ishtar, Mithra, and Santa Claus.

You sure do know a lot about the Bible and the God that you proclaim you don't believe in.

And God is the real God, he's not make believe, He's not a fairytale, and one day you'll discover that, but I fear it will be too late.

Projill

Originally posted by Barbiedoll

You sure do know a lot about the Bible and the God that you proclaim you don't believe in.

Thanks! I'm glad you noticed. :)

For the record, I had read the Bible three times cover to cover before I was even in high school. I was a dyed in the wool born-again Southern Baptist Christian when I was younger as well.

And God is the real God, he's not make believe, He's not a fairytale, and one day you'll discover that, but I fear it will be too late.

Where's your proof?

Besides, how do you know that your god is the right one? For all you know the real god is Allah and when you die you'll be in just as much hot water as the rest of us non-believers.

Barbiedoll

Where's your proof?

Besides, how do you know that your god is the right one? For all you know the real god is Allah and when you die you'll be in just as much hot water as the rest of us non-believers.

If you were a born again Christian, you have allowed satan to steal that experience from you and mess up your mind. Satan has got you hook, line, and sinker.

Projill

If you were a born again Christian, you have allowed satan to steal that experience from you and mess up your mind. Satan has got you hook, line, and sinker.

*shrugs* And according to Muslims you're an infidel unbeliever denying Allah and you're every bit as lost as I am.

Wanna share a seat on the Gehenna charter bus?

Seriously, Barbie...how do you know that you're not the one who's wrong?

Barbiedoll

*shrugs* And according to Muslims you're an infidel unbeliever denying Allah and you're every bit as lost as I am.

Wanna share a seat on the Gehenna charter bus?

Seriously, Barbie...how do you know that you're not the one who's wrong?

Because I have a daily walk, a relationship with God and I know. Projill, if you were really a born again, washed in the Blood, you would know too. You would have no doubt even if you go back into sin, you would still know that God is real.

I pray that I never go back into sin and God takes His Spirit from me. I love Him with all my heart

Projill

Because I have a daily walk, a relationship with God and I know.

Well, the Sept. 11 hijackers seemed to be pretty sure that they were in the good graces of Allah...their relationship with Allah was so tight that they were willing to lay down their lives for him.
Your supposed "relationship" with God is no more sound than the relationship they felt they had with Allah.

Projill, if you were really a born again, washed in the Blood, you would know too.

That's a stock answer if ever I saw one. Christians always claim that atheists who were once born-agains couldn't have been born-agains if they're now atheists because we would "know" God existed. I was every bit as embibed with the spirit as you are. I brought friends to the church, I tried to get all my friends to come into the fold because I was convinced they would be happier and I didn't want them to go to hell. After a particularly moving sermon I could be found just like everyone else on my knees and weeping for joy because of my "relationship" with God. Sound familiar? But guess what? As I started to examine my faith, when I started really having questions about the validity of the Bible...basically when I started thinking for myself rather than letting my pastor do it...I came to the painful realization that my belief in God was no more sound than the Greeks and Romans believing in their pantheons...in essence, it was exactly like my belief in Santa when I was a little girl. Only, instead of growing out of make believe as I grew up, I was still subscribing to a mythology.

It was a sad realization...it was painful and it was difficult to finally realize that my God was no more valid or real than Zeus, Aphrodite, or Ishtar. No matter how many different ways I tried to spin it to myself...telling myself that my God was different...at the end of the day, my God was no more real than the gods of other mythologies. For a time I became a pagan and even attempted to be a theist pagan...but my heart just wasn't in it anymore. I couldn't believe in a fairy tale.

Then I woke up and accepted it. And I've become a far better citizen within my community than I ever was when I was a Baptist.

You would have no doubt even if you go back into sin, you would still know that God is real.

God is no more real than Santa...sorry. No matter how many emotionally filled stories you have about your "relationship" with God...none of them can make him real.

I pray that I never go back into sin and God takes His Spirit from me. I love Him with all my heart

I love Yoda from Star Wars...but it doesn't make him real. He's still just a puppet voiced by Frank Oz. I'd suggest turning that love you have for your imaginary deity into something productive. Give that love to the human community that shares this planet with you. They could use it a lot more than your God. It sounds like he already has plenty.

Last edited:

Barbiedoll

Projill, I don't want to even read this junk. I don't believe you ever had a true experience with God. You can go to the alter and bawl and sqwual all day and still not receive Jesus into your heart.

But, if you did, then you're in danger of blaspheming, and blaspheming will never be forgiven.

You have allowed satan to brainwash you and you know what? Satan is stupid, and you have listened to him.

I'm not arguing with you on this subject any further, but it hurts to read your junk because I know that I know that I know that God is REAL.

Projill

Projill, I don't want to even read this junk. I don't believe you ever had a true experience with God. You can go to the alter and bawl and sqwual all day and still not receive Jesus into your heart.

If it makes you feel better, go right ahead and think that.

But, if you did, then you're in danger of blaspheming, and blaspheming will never be forgiven.

So I'll blaspheme. There is no god to betray.

You have allowed satan to brainwash you and you know what? Satan is stupid, and you have listened to him.

You have allowed satan to brainwash you. Allah is the only true god. Think about it, if you were born in the middle east, you would, in all likelihood, be Muslim. And we'd be having the same conversation only you'd be trying to prove that Allah is the one true god with whom you have a personal relationship.

I'm not arguing with you on this subject any further,

That's fine. So long as you don't bother me with it.

but it hurts to read your junk because I know that I know that I know that God is REAL.

No amount of "knowing" god will make him real. You might as well "know" that the Easter Bunny exists. But it's your choice.

Barbiedoll

Projill, you said:

"That's fine so long as you don't bother me with it".

What then are you doing posting to a Christian website where you know that people believe in God? Just so you can aggravate and aggitate them?