REPORT: God's plan of salvation

webby

Axe dropper
Administrator
The most important question that anyone will ever be required to answer in life is the same question that will determine the true quality to which that life can be lived for all eternity. The question is, "Have you accepted God’s gift of salvation?" The answer to this one question will determine eternity for you. The question is not, "Are you a good person?" or, "Do you go to church?" Or even, "Do you have a knowledge that Jesus Christ lived and died?" The question is, "Have you accepted God’s gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation. If you decide not to accept God’s gift, then you will spend eternity burdened with the debt of your sin and all of its horrible consequences. God is a gentleman and will not force anyone to live with Him. He has given us the free choice to accept and love Him, or to reject and be apart from Him.

Who needs the gift
The Bible tells us that everyone is in need of God’s great mercy: Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

A price to be paid
The debt, or price of sin, is separation from God who is holy. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death…"

Payment in full
But God is loving and wants to have fellowship with His children. Like any good father, He does not want us to die. However, He is a just God and could not simply pretend that we had never sinned and allow us to go free without the debt being paid. So He made a way for us to come back into union with Him, and still maintain justice so that the debt is paid in full. God Himself paid our price, not with the wink of an eye, but with His own blood. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Salvation
However, a gift, no matter how great and wonderful, is useless if it is not accepted. In order to benefit from God’s sacrifice for us, you must accept the gift. The Bible states: Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Putting it all together
The choice is as simple as it is vital. Humble yourself before God and admit that you are a sinner. Tell God that you realize that the price for your debt is death, but that you accept His gift and believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for your (personal) sins. Tell Him that you believe that He raised Jesus from the dead, showing that you also will be raised. Then thank Him. What a wonderful Father. He made the entire universe, the billions of stars and planets and galaxies. He constructed the incredible complexity of the human brain. He holds all of creation together by the power of His spoken Word. That He would be willing to come to us, to be humbled and beaten and spit upon and even to suffer the death of the cross, for you and me, that is a God to love. A God to thank and to praise forever and ever. How wonderful is His name.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Rumor has it "nowhere on TOL will you find how to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior", so I thought I would give this Front Page Report a bump.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lucky said:
Rumor has it "nowhere on TOL will you find how to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior", so I thought I would give this Front Page Report a bump.
Well, you know what they say about rumors. :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I tried to respond to taoist about that, but for some reason I haven't been able to post on CF. Oh well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe Jesus is who says he is, and that God raised him from the dead, for my salvation.

I accept, without any qualifiers. Thank you Jesus.

eph39

Well, you know what they say about rumors. :)

That they cause us to drink RUM and smite one another with ORS [oars? no?]

That they Really Upset Mood Of Registered [and] Staff?

That they...RRR...UM...Overthrow Relational Stability?

That...they...

okay I'm done.

Yes, I'm bored. Bored bored bored b

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
The most important question that anyone will ever be required to answer in life is the same question that will determine the true quality to which that life can be lived for all eternity. The question is, "Have you accepted God’s gift of salvation?" The answer to this one question will determine eternity for you. The question is not, "Are you a good person?" or, "Do you go to church?" Or even, "Do you have a knowledge that Jesus Christ lived and died?" The question is, "Have you accepted God’s gift of salvation?" If you have, then you are free from the debt of sin and will enjoy eternity in a loving relationship with the God of all creation. If you decide not to accept God’s gift, then you will spend eternity burdened with the debt of your sin and all of its horrible consequences. God is a gentleman and will not force anyone to live with Him. He has given us the free choice to accept and love Him, or to reject and be apart from Him.

Who needs the gift
The Bible tells us that everyone is in need of God’s great mercy: Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

A price to be paid
The debt, or price of sin, is separation from God who is holy. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death…"

Payment in full
But God is loving and wants to have fellowship with His children. Like any good father, He does not want us to die. However, He is a just God and could not simply pretend that we had never sinned and allow us to go free without the debt being paid. So He made a way for us to come back into union with Him, and still maintain justice so that the debt is paid in full. God Himself paid our price, not with the wink of an eye, but with His own blood. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Salvation
However, a gift, no matter how great and wonderful, is useless if it is not accepted. In order to benefit from God’s sacrifice for us, you must accept the gift. The Bible states: Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Putting it all together
The choice is as simple as it is vital. Humble yourself before God and admit that you are a sinner. Tell God that you realize that the price for your debt is death, but that you accept His gift and believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for your (personal) sins. Tell Him that you believe that He raised Jesus from the dead, showing that you also will be raised. Then thank Him. What a wonderful Father. He made the entire universe, the billions of stars and planets and galaxies. He constructed the incredible complexity of the human brain. He holds all of creation together by the power of His spoken Word. That He would be willing to come to us, to be humbled and beaten and spit upon and even to suffer the death of the cross, for you and me, that is a God to love. A God to thank and to praise forever and ever. How wonderful is His name.

This is the REAL message of change America and the world needs!

byass

My Choice Too

My Choice Too

Amen brother
I rejoice in the fact that God the Father chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world to be his adopted son through Jesus!
I am so glad that my choice of Jesus is based on the fact that the Father first chose me in Christ!! I rejoice that all this was worked out and still is being worked out in the power and life of the Spirit!!!
This is my testimony when anyone speaks of choosing salvation.
God bless you.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excellent Post. Thanks for bumping.

lioncub

Salvation
Romans 10:9 was written to the saved not the unsaved, making this scripture irrelevant to an unbeliever. Show me any example in scripture where an unbeliever made such a confession and was saved in doing so. Your teaching is false.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 10:9 was written to the saved not the unsaved

Then why did Paul tell them they will be saved?

Show me any example in scripture where an unbeliever made such a confession and was saved in doing so[/QUOTE]

Didn't he just do that? Salvation during the dispensation of grace consists of hearing the gospel, and believing.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This needed to be bumped again...

Who needs the gift

A price to be paid

Payment in full

Salvation

Putting it all together

firon

Who needs the gift

A price to be paid

Payment in full

Salvation

Putting it all together

"It is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth, but of God who shows mercy." You are confusing God's determining the resurrection of God's elect from His work of salvation with the reaction of His people to the blessing God has bestowed upon them. Read Ephesians chapter two.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The second part --

Mat 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
Mat 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
Mat 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
Mat 18:29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Mat 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Mat 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

LA.

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
Paul's false teaching

Paul's false teaching

Who needs the gift

A price to be paid

Payment in full

Salvation

Putting it all together

Every "Christian" who has swallowed the swindle of "God's Gift" should go immediately to their nearest dictionary and look up the meaning of the word, "gift".

That Pauline false teaching about accepting "God's gift of eternal life" is not about a gift at all, but a contract. If you all had read your dictionaries as well as you follow Paul Simon says, you'd know that a gift is not a gift when it comes with strings attached. That "gift" of eternal life has big strings attached so it's no gift at all but as I say, a contract: you do this, you get that. You don't do this, you get punished. Some "gift". This is the worst sort of coercion to get people to believe in God by scare tactics and it's pathetic for those of us who have formed a spiritual bond with God and the Spirit of Christ which is one of Family whereas yours is one of slave to a harsh Master. Read what Jesus says about that slave relationship in John's Gospel sometime..