Replacement or Two People Two Programs or something else?

Replacement or Two People Two Programs or something else?

• Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

genuineoriginal

The summaries come from ISRAEL and THE CHURCH by William E. Cox

A summary of Replacement Theology
_____
The historical Christian teaching always has been that national Israel was a type of the church, and that the church replaced Israel on the Day of Pentecost. This view holds that God made two sets of promises to Israel -- natujral promises and spiritual promises. All earthly promises to Israel have been either fulfilled or invalidated because of disobedience. All spiritual promises are being fulfilled through the church, which is made up of Jews and Gentiles alike.

Main Points of Historical Christian Teaching

1. God has always had but one spiritual people, represented by the remnant in every generation.
2. God's promises to Israel were conditional.
3. All earthly promises to Israel have been either fulfilled or invalidated through disobedience and unbelief.
4. Israel was a type of the church and was superseded by the church.
5. The church was prophesied in the Old Testament, in Old Testament language.
6. Christ was, and is, the" only Hope of Israel. And Israelites (Jews) will be saved only if they accept him during this age.
7. The first advent of Christ completed Israel's redemption, and manifested the Israel of God (the church) referred to in Galatians 6:16.
8. Christ institued a Jewish-Gentile church.
9. All unfulfilled spiritual promises to Israel are being fulfilled through the Christian church.
10. This does not represent a change in God's plan, but evidences progressive revelation.​
_____​

A summary of Two People Two Programs
_____
Dispensationalists teach that God has two separate peoples -- Israel and the church -- and two separate plans for them. Israel, they say, is "an earthly people," while the church is "a heavenly people." Not only does God have two separate plans for these peoples, but two distinct destinations. They teach that Israel will spend her eternity on the earth, following an earthly millennium of one thousand years, while the church will spend eternity in heaven after the millennium. They say the Israel was indeed a type of the church, but then fo on to teach that this is the one and only type in the entire Bible which was never meant to have an anti-type (fulfillment)! Dispensationalists teach that Jesus, at his first advent, offered to Israel an earthly millennium; that Israel rejected this offer; that God then postponed his plans for Israel; and that the church was instituted as a temporary (parenthetic) plan until after the second advent.

Main Points of Dispensationalist Teaching

1. God has two bodies (peoples) -- Israel, and the church.
2. God's promises to Israel were unconditional, and therefore are still binding.
3. God's promises concerning the return to the land, rebuilding the temple, etc., were never fulfilled. They aare therefore still future.
4. Although Israel was a type of the church, they will always remain separate.
5. Christ instituted the church as a "parenthesis."
6. Christ came the first time to establish an earthly millennial kingdom with Israel.
7. Israel rejected him, then God postponed this plan until the second advent.
8. Christ instituted a Gentile church.
9. Israel is God's earthly people; the church is God's heavenly people.
10. Israel's destiny is to remain on earth forever; the destiny of the church is to spend eternity in heaven.​
_____​

Is one of these right, or is there another option?

genuineoriginal

Are either of these true?

Historical Christian Teaching
1. God has always had but one spiritual people, represented by the remnant in every generation.

Dispensationalist Teaching
1. God has two bodies (peoples) -- Israel, and the church.

If we consider Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Melchizedek, we find that there are God's spiritual people that were never part of Israel and were never part of the church (the Body of Christ defined by Dispensationalists).

Because of this, it appears that God's people are represented by a remnant from every generation.

However, God chose the descendants of Israel as a special people and gave them a covenant not given to any other people.

So, that leaves the question of the role of the church.

Did the church replace the children of Israel in God's eyes?

The answer lies in the covenants.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is what He says:

John 8:39-44New King James Version (NKJV)

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Danoh

Prior to its having been given to Abraham and his multiplied seed by Covenant, the "domion over it" (over the Earth) that Adam lost, is every so often re-addressed in Scripture prior to Abraham.

From Abraham forward, though, the issue becomes that of Abraham and his multiplied seed in dominion over the Earth one day through what the singular seed makes possible in His Blood.

Thus, we read in...

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

As for the rest of said remnant...

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

That is not the Body of Christ, though.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I voted for 2p2p.

Although "program" is a bit ambiguous.

genuineoriginal

Historical Christian Teaching
2. God's promises to Israel were conditional.

Dispensationalist Teaching
2. God's promises to Israel were unconditional, and therefore are still binding.

In point number 2, both are correct.

Some of God's promises to Israel were conditional, other promises are unconditional and therefore are still binding.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Generally speaking,

1. OT Israel- will be resurrected into the land
2. NT Israel- will inherit the New Jerusalem
3. Body of Christ- seated in the heavenlies already

From Adam up until Israel was birthed, I am not sure, but I am inclined to think they will be in the Holy City.

Then 4P4P.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Generally speaking,

1. OT Israel- will be resurrected into the land
2. NT Israel- will inherit the New Jerusalem
3. Body of Christ- seated in the heavenlies already

From Adam up until Israel was birthed, I am not sure, but I am inclined to think they will be in the Holy City.

I believe the same tribulation will be the testing ground for all those who inherit New Jerusalem.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

So who are these?

For You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:9-10)

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6)​

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So who are these?

For You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:9-10)

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6)​
The first, is Israel, the second is the body of Christ.