Reconciliation is not Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

My own sense is that; as used by Paul there, he is basically relating that in the sense of "but wait, that's not all - there's more - much more!"

He is returning to theme he has been talking about in verses 1 thru 6 - all that the love of Christ has accomplished and is able to.

He then lays out not only "much more" of that, but also, touches on its basis once more:

Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Notice...

5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

He is describing a bundle of blessings the Cross has made possible.

If this were an infomercial, all he'd have to add would be - "Order NOW!"

Of course, if you perceive that differently, we are each where we are. I have only sought to share what those passages have taught me.

The best toward you in your learning as well.

Yeah, there is much more. Not only is mankind's debt paid (by Christ's death), but each man can now obtain eternal life when he believes.

I see that Christ died for the ungodly.....all of them. That is the grace of God...the shed blood. Christ's death means that God has set aside His wrath against mankind as a whole.

We access the blood through faith, and that is the much more....how we shall be saved by His life. It seems very clear to me and fits perfectly with the verses that come before. :idunno:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Seriously dude? You're only fooling yourself.

Have I suggested to you yet to read Romans through Philemon ? Really read it and believe that every word is true, because they are. Read like like you know it's true and understand what Paul is saying. Peace Brougham :wave2:

Prizebeatz1

You "think?" And?

You did not argue initially what you asserted in your last "post," or you lack communication/debating skills-which is it?

"The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation."- Prizebeatz1

As I said I think you're missing the point. You're not the only one. I've found a higher meaning to the gospels in that Jesus Christ is symbolic of our own inner divinity. The soul is the source of the feeling of infinite and eternal richness. It is one with God. That is the higher meaning to the story of Jesus. Being born pure of the virgin points to what is universal, uniform, undivided, unwavering. There is not one spot the soul does not cover, there is not one blemish. The miraculousness is about the miracle of being healed from an unconscious lack of self-worth. It's also about us experiencing the raising of a dead man through reconnecting with a part of ourselves we left behind in childhood, and much much more. We are resurrected and are reborn. The rejection and burial is about us avoiding our infinite and eternal identity and attaching ourselves to the personality instead. We don't pay it much attention. The soul is the cornerstone the builders rejected as it is not even included in the Trinity. Yet it still lives just like Jesus in the Gospels. This is not a coincidence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As I said I think you're missing the point. You're not the only one. I've found a higher meaning to the gospels in that Jesus Christ is symbolic of our own inner divinity. The soul is the source of the feeling of infinite and eternal richness. It is one with God. That is the higher meaning to the story of Jesus. Being born pure of the virgin points to what is universal, uniform, undivided, unwavering. There is not one spot the soul does not cover, there is not one blemish. The miraculousness is about the miracle of being healed from an unconscious lack of self-worth. It's also about us experiencing the raising of a dead man through reconnecting with a part of ourselves we left behind in childhood, and much much more. We are resurrected and are reborn. The rejection and burial is about us avoiding our infinite and eternal identity and attaching ourselves to the personality instead. We don't pay it much attention. The soul is the cornerstone the builders rejected as it is not even included in the Trinity. Yet it still lives just like Jesus in the Gospels. This is not a coincidence.

:vomit: :kookoo:

glorydaz

As I said I think you're missing the point. You're not the only one. I've found a higher meaning to the gospels in that Jesus Christ is symbolic of our own inner divinity. The soul is the source of the feeling of infinite and eternal richness. It is one with God. That is the higher meaning to the story of Jesus. Being born pure of the virgin points to what is universal, uniform, undivided, unwavering. There is not one spot the soul does not cover, there is not one blemish. The miraculousness is about the miracle of being healed from an unconscious lack of self-worth. It's also about us experiencing the raising of a dead man through reconnecting with a part of ourselves we left behind in childhood, and much much more. We are resurrected and are reborn. The rejection and burial is about us avoiding our infinite and eternal identity and attaching ourselves to the personality instead. We don't pay it much attention. The soul is the cornerstone the builders rejected as it is not even included in the Trinity. Yet it still lives just like Jesus in the Gospels.

It's all about US....little gods sitting on our own thrones. It goes all the way back to the garden of eden....."ye shall be as gods".

This is not a coincidence.

Indeed, this is not a coincidence. Humanism is alive and well.

Danoh

Yeah, there is much more. Not only is mankind's debt paid (by Christ's death), but each man can now obtain eternal life when he believes.

I see that Christ died for the ungodly.....all of them. That is the grace of God...the shed blood. Christ's death means that God has set aside His wrath against mankind as a whole.

We access the blood through faith, and that is the much more....how we shall be saved by His life. It seems very clear to me and fits perfectly with the verses that come before. :idunno:

Okay with you if I rejoice with you in our different understanding?

:)

Danoh

The Apostle Paul addressed all forms of what would one day creep in - "Scholastic Mysticism" - long, long ago...

1Cor 1:

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

But creep back in it did; here you are, one more supposedly "liberated" from the truth of Rom. 6:23...

I suspect, though, that you did not always subscribe to what you now do...

Prizebeatz1

Have I suggested to you yet to read Romans through Philemon ? Really read it and believe that every word is true, because they are. Read like like you know it's true and understand what Paul is saying. Peace Brougham :wave2:

Oh I've read the bible many many times, believe me. The harder I searched for answers the further away I got from the truth. The truth resides inside us as the infinite and eternal. The bible points to this but we are too busy to notice the infinite stillness and silence of God. God dwells in timelessness yet we are encouraged to wait for something to happen or to try to fix the past. God is right here and now in this very moment and nowhere else.

Prizebeatz1

The Apostle Paul addressed all forms of what would one day creep in - "Scholastic Mysticism" - long, long ago...

1Cor 1:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

But creep back in it did; here you are, one more supposedly "liberated" from the truth of Rom. 6:23...

We have it in reverse. The soul is not mysticism. It is reality. Do you suppose all of man's beliefs and technologies are going to outweigh the infinite and eternal spaciousness we see in the night sky? THAT is part of us and we are part of it. We can deny it all we want but it doesn't change the truth.

Zeke

1Cor 1:

Galatians 1:12, shows the word among used in Galatians 3:1 should be "in" as well as John 1:14, Christ who represented the inner man Romans 7:22, who could nothing of himself John 5:30-32, Romans 7:23, Galatians 4:24-28, flesh and blood John 3:6, Matt 11:11, the kingdom is within Luke 17:20-21 the Exoteric is the milk, Esoteric is the meat 2Cor 3:6 rightly divided.

Acts should be axed for it's false conversion story of Saul.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

You did not argue initially what you asserted in your last "post," or you lack communication/debating skills-which is it?

"The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation."- Prizebeatz1

Translation of the above: mysticism, warmed over Buddhism, existentialism:

quote-manifest-the-divinity-within-you-and-everything-will-be-harmoniously-arranged-around-swami-vivekananda-65-72-95.jpg

Thanks for checkin' in, Swami.

Prizebeatz1

Translation of the above: mysticism, warmed over Buddhism, existentialism:

quote-manifest-the-divinity-within-you-and-everything-will-be-harmoniously-arranged-around-swami-vivekananda-65-72-95.jpg

Thanks for checkin' in, Swami.

I see we still haven't leared the lesson from the Garden of Eden. The more we bite from the forbidden fruit, which is a metaphor for judgement, the further away we are cast outside of the Kingdom.

Prizebeatz1

And so has some deluded Hare Krishna monk, roaming the streets of Tibet, not believing the Bible, just like you. And many have read "Mein Kampf"-and?

Wow! Pass the joint.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you. You don't know me. I was a devout Catholic for 35 years and yes I believed in the literal interpretation of the bible too. And why are we so worried about me and my character and what I'm doing? Why not put that energy and effort into finding your own truth instead of investing in somebody else's? Do humanity a favor please and quit judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.