Reconciled to God while enemies !

beloved57

More on Reconciliation explained ! cont 5

More on Reconciliation explained ! cont 5

1 Pet 3:18 teaches Subjective Reconciliation by Christ's death !

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The phrase here " That He might bring us to God" denotes Subjective Reconciliation, for His suffering and being put to death in the flesh, His dying on the Cross, was for the Purpose of bringing the Elect of God to God, and He did accomplish that. This bringing to God means to draw near, it means to render one acceptable to God !

This denotes that the enmity they had has been dealt with by the death of Christ as well and now they come into communion and fellowship with God !

Now this vital Truth of Reconciliation is important because when properly understood as it is taught in scripture, there is no room for the false teaching of Jesus Christ having died for everyone without exception, simply because, everyone without exception shall not be saved by His Life, as it is promised to all that were reconciled by His Death !

Jesus tells us that there are many who shall not see life Jn 3:36- This statement cannot apply to any for whom Christ died, and thereby reconciled them to God by His Death.

Also those who falsely teach that no one was actually reconciled to God objectively solely by the Death of His Son, but only they are given a basis for Reconciliation to God, if they believe, those are teaching lies and a false Gospel, for scripture is plain that all for whom Christ died were objectively Reconciled , and that the same shall be subjectively reconciled in time by a communication of Christ's Life to them by the Spirit of God !

OMEGA

BELOVED,

It is good of you to study and search out God's truths.

Here are some more Truths for you to consider.

First we have to define Works and the Law.

Works can be Jewish Rituals/Mosaic Law or Good Deeds.

Law can be Mosaic, Ten Commandments, Jewish Tradition.

--Rom3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith?
God forbid yea, we establish the law.

--Eph_2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

--Heb_8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old.
Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

--Heb_9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service,
and a worldly sanctuary.

------------------------------------------------------------
Act17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at;

but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,

before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call

on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1Ti_2:4 Who will have all men to be saved,

and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Last edited:

beloved57

omega

BELOVED,

It is good of you to study and search out God's truths.

You have evaded all my comments on this thread,please start at post 33 and let me see if you understand my points !

IMJerusha

im

Please rehearse the points I have made in posts 33-35 to see if you understand where I am coming from !

Rehearse? No thank you, Brother. I'm fairly certain Ruach HaKodesh has instructed me according to His will. The Gospel message is simple. To what end the in-depth explanations of God and His purposes?...to make man feel like more than what he is?... as if man is even capable of explaining Him. In Matthew 18:3 Yeshua said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." It's interesting to note who Yeshua spoke this to... His own...those whom He chose, and yet there it is, another caviat.

We do have the right to explain ourselves, however. My name is Jerusha. The "IM" before my name is for "I'm" as in I'm Jerusha.

IMJerusha

im

Ok , Then I holler at you later. I have put much work into my posts just to have them blowed off !

You misunderstand. I haven't blown your posts off at all. Speaking of blown off posts, did you miss the part where I explained my name? If you can not address your fellows with the love of the Spirit, a very basic attribute of Christianity, how can you expect any Christian, or pagan for that matter, to pay any heed to your hollering?...and hollering is all it will ever be, much like a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

re·hearse/riˈhərs/
Verb:

Practice (a play, piece of music, or other work) for later public performance.
Supervise (a performer or group) that is practicing in this way.

Synonyms:
repeat - recite

Basically, what you are wanting is unconditional acceptance of your teaching. So sorry!

beloved57

im

Basically, what you are wanting is unconditional acceptance. So sorry!

No, I am not asking you to agree with it, but just prove to me that you understand my points and how I derived them from scripture !

IMJerusha

im

No, I am not asking you to agree with it, but just prove to me that you understand my points and how I derived them from scripture !

I do beg your pardon, Brother, but I'm not the one who has difficulty utilizing the English language (I'm Jerusha) and if I didn't understand your points, I certainly couldn't and shouldn't be disagreeing with them. To demand that I reiterate your points is fruitless, to put a fine Scriptural point on it.

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Subjective Reconciliation !

More on Subjective Reconciliation !

When the Apostles, having been directed by the Spirit of God and His Divine Providence, did send forth the Gospel Exhortation or Imperative in Christ's stead 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Understand that it was not an invitation for everyone in the world without exception, neither was it to men and women dead in trespasses and sins or in a lost state, whom they were attempting them to cooperate with God, But it was an exhortation to them that had been given Faith, to believe, to embrace and receive experientially their Atonement or reconciliation Rom 5:11

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The word atonement here is the greek word katallagē which is also translated reconciliation in 2 Cor 5:18-19

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Also the imperative ' Be ye reconciled" in Vs 20 is aorist imperative passive, which means this exhortation was the means by which God reconciled them subjectively to Himself. Remember what Paul said of his mission to the gentiles Acts 28:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Notice that words to turn them Its the word epistrephō which means:

transitively

a) to turn to

1) to the worship of the true God

b) to cause to return, to bring back

And that is what the imperative " be ye reconciled to God" did, it cause a return to God, it brought them back !

Also finally Rom 5:11 Please notice in this verse by whom they received the reconciliation, it was not by their own freewill, but it was by or through Jesus Christ !

Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Christ was responsible for them receiving it experientially by Faith ! Thats because He is a Total Saviour !

beloved57

Reconciliation is the Sole Work of God !

Reconciliation is the Sole Work of God !

2 Cor 5:18-19

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Listen to Paul's Gospel, His Word of Reconciliation here in our text. First lets look at Paul asserting in Vs 18, for this is a Key Gospel Truth

#1 All things are of God ! We recall when Jesus told His disciples after they having inquired of Him, who then shall be saved What was Jesus response ? Matt 19:25-26

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

So hence, all things pertaining to Salvation, Reconciliation are of God !

Yes, this Reconciliation is one of those all things possible with God. Ones being Reconciled to God is of God Himself ! And how ? By Jesus Christ, that is by His Death, His Blood for they mean the exact same thing !

Turn to Rom 5:10 where the same word for reconciled is used as in 2 Cor 5:18 !

Reconciliation consisteth in Vs 19 God not imputing [ for the ones Christ died for] their guilt of Trespasses unto them, which in itself is pardon and Justification ! Now why is that also Justification ? Because God is not charging us with sin that we deserve, which means God Justifieth us Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

That is we are acquitted by this act of Non Imputation which is Justification :

Non Imputation of sin is another way of God saying He will not lay any charges against us, which constitutes forgiveness and Justification by God before His Divine Tribunal in Heaven, even though our enemies, and the devil and our own conscience can lay charges against us !

Last edited:

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

All for whom Christ died, have been reconciled to God, by His death alone, not by their obedience, not by their faith, not by their repentance, but even while they were being enemies, unbelievers, children of wrath as others BY NATURE, now if this be the case, their being reconciled, they cannot be under condemnation and wrath as others Jn 3:18,36 even while being unbelievers !

You see, they cannot be both condemned and under wrath as enemies and reconciled to God as enemies at the same time !

You misunderstand scripture and the power of God because you belong to Satan and not the One who lives.

I am anointed with the spirit of the Lord who sent me, God is my Father,
I do the will of my Father and live in His wishes.

Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

I did not come on my own, the one who is true sent me, Him you do not know.
I know him, because I come from him, he’s the one who sent me.

If you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.
When you honor the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I only say what the Lord has taught me, for the one who sent me is with me. He has not deserted me, because I always do what pleases him.

The Lord says this;

"Your own wickedness chastises you your own infidelities punish you, know then and see how evil and bitter you are in forsaking the Lord your God and showing no reverence of me."

"Do what is right and just."

"Offer righteous worship and trust in the Lord."

"Let the righteous rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in Him ,let all the upright of heart glorify Him."

Those are the words of the Lord who sent me. I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Lord except by me.

Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood shall live forever and I shall raise him up on the last day.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty, the water I give him will be like a fountain inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

The Lord and I are One. I am son of man. I came for judgment.

Anyone who hears my words and does not keep them I am not the one who condemns him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words they already have their judge namely the words I've spoken that is what will condemn them on the last day.

beloved57

princely

You misunderstand scripture and the power of God because you belong to Satan and not the One who lives.

lol as long as i do not belong that false god you serve !

Last edited:

beloved57

Those Reconciled have Imputed Righteousness !

Those Reconciled have Imputed Righteousness !

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 Cor 5:19

Now this Reconciliation solely by Christ's Death or Blood is by Atonement, in other words Reconciliation is by Atonement through Christ's Blood.

Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The word Reconciliation here is the hebrew word kaphar d means:

to cover, purge [Heb 1:3], make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch

to cover over, pacify, propitiate

2) to cover over, atone for sin, make atonement for

So Paul writes after the Psalmist Rom 4:7

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. See Ps 32:1

Now notice whats next in Dan 9:24 following Reconciliation of Iniquity, its to bring in Everlasting Righteousness !

This is the Righteousness of God imputed to all for whom Christ was made sin for 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is that Everlasting Righteousness that Christ hath wrought out and Established for all them He was made a sin offering for, an Atonement for !

Ps 119:142

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth. Law Here is likely the Gospel !

For that Righteousness of God that was established by Making Reconciliation of Iniquity, Atonement, the Covering of Sin, that Righteousness is Revealed to all the Beneficiaries by the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So the Reconciled World of 2 Cor 5:19 and those Reconciled to God by the Death of His Son even while they are Enemies, have all been covered by and clothed with that Everlasting Righteousness by Imputation, and that before they know about it or believe into it !

beloved57

Those reconciled by His Death shall be saved ?

Those reconciled by His Death shall be saved ?

Those that Christ died for and reconciled to God by His death, even while they were being enemies/unbelievers, but reconciled nonetheless, they shall [promise] be saved by His Life. Rom 5:10

Now what does that mean, they shall be saved by His Life ? That means by His resurrected Life they shall believe and be saved Luke 8:12

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Acts 16:31

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So in Essence, Rom 5:10 guarantees that all for whom Christ died for and reconciled to God by His Death even while they were unbelievers/enemies, that they shall become believers and be saved by His Life !

beloved57

much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

"much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life"

Now to whom does this promise apply ? Why it applies to all whom were reconciled to God by the Death of His Son while they were being enemies/unbelievers, whomever they are. Now some will contend that Paul here is writing to believers, which fact is True, However they willfully neglect to understand what he wrote to the believers of Rome, some fact about them that was true when they were not believers, but enemies and in unbelief, and that was, even then as enemies in their minds by wicked works as per Col 1:21, they were nevertheless reconciled to God [in His Favour] solely by the Death of His Son for them, and thus being reconciled [ as enemies/unbelievers] they shall be saved by His Life !

Now what does it mean that they shall be saved by His Life ? Well after His reconciling Death, He now forever lives to make Intercession for those He died Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Meaning all those He died for shall be saved by His Life, His Intercession, which lives on doing as an addendum to His reconciling Death.

Those who are reconciled by His Death [ in any age of world history from the beginning of the world to its end] as an added benefit and blessing thereof, they shall be saved by His Life, out of being enemies and unbelievers Col 1:21 by His Intercession which He ever liveth to perform on their behalf. The Saving Here means that they shall be saved through His Life of Intercession, and thoroughly converted to God, and that is what " They shall be saved by His Life means Rom 5:10

Last edited:

beloved57

Rom 5:10, Saving after reconciliation !

Rom 5:10, Saving after reconciliation !

This scripture teaches a Blessed Truth that very few can receive, and that is there is a Saving or Salvation that comes after Reconciliation and it applies only to those that were reconciled to God by Christ's Death, while they were being Enemies.

That word enemies in the original is present tense, denoting while being in a state of being enemies/unbelievers, they were reconciled, which is past tense, and all such reconciled, while being enemies, shall be saved by His Life, that is Salvation shall be applied to them !