Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

Here is the Apostle's Creed...it is the Gospel.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit;
the holy catholic (Christian) church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.

Amen.

That creed was made centuries after Paul...I guess he is not a Christian according to your ill logic.

Eagles Wings

I understand and do not critize any of what you say. "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."
Proverbs 11:30 (KJV)

The question that remains is "win souls" unto what and that is where doctrine is critical [needs critiquing] when explaining the intent of the Heart of God. Few doctrines [never creeds] mention such instruction when explaining what is salvation in Christ.
Thank you for the kind words.

The doctrine of Salvation is succinctly spelled out in the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Belgic Confession, The Heidelberg Confession, the Canons of Dordt, and others.

God's Truth

The Bible does not have a creed.

There is no command to make a creed.

There is no hint of a creed.

Creeds go before a denomination, which makes the creed in opposition to the Word of God in a fight for supremacy.

It is an addition to the Bible.

How does anyone ever get that they should do something that is not in the Bible but rather man made?

Look at what happened to Aaron's sons.

Eagles Wings

I don't know how any Christian could find fault with this, from Lord's Day One, Question One, of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Question 1. What is thy only comfort in life and death?

Answer:

That I with body and soul, both in life and death, I am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;

who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil;

and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;

yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.

Cross Reference

I don't know how any Christian could find fault with this, from Lord's Day One, Question One, of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Answer:

That I with body and soul, both in life and death, I am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;

who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil;

and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;

yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.

None can except it is incomplete. Savior He is however, Jesus performs in and from us when we know to make Him Lord of our lives. First Savior [monergism] followed by making Him Lord [synergism]. He could not be one without the other.

Eagles Wings

None can except it is incomplete. Savior He is however, Jesus performs in and from us when we know to make Him Lord of our lives. First Savior [monergism] followed by making Him Lord [synergism]. He could not be one without the other.
I am a monergist in justification and sanctification. So, my believing in Jesus, was an act of the Holy Spirit, regenerating me to faith. I am born-again, by the might of the Spirit of Christ. Like Nang said so well, all spiritual acts that we do, for the sake of Christ, we do because God has promised to keep and preserve us and help us lead holy lives.

Does that makes sense to you?

Cross Reference

I am a monergist in justification and sanctification. So, my believing in Jesus, was an act of the Holy Spirit, regenerating me to faith. I am born-again, by the might of the Spirit of Christ. Like Nang said so well, all spiritual acts that we do, for the sake of Christ, we do because God has promised to keep and preserve us and help us lead holy lives.

Does that makes sense to you?

Affirmationally, you are correct. Aspirationally, it is a process of learning God as our Father..

Monegeristically, we were redeemed. A fact not based upon our faith or otherwise spiritual condition. Jesus performed redemption for the whole world. That is why we have missionaries to explain such a thing to a world wide audience. Believing for it is irrespective of anything within usor from us. Facts depend upon nothing. Nothing of the Holy Spirit is necessary when written history contains the record of it all.

"So, my believing in Jesus, was an act of the Holy Spirit, regenerating me to faith."

Tell me which came first: "Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas and brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house." ?
Acts 16:29-32 (KJV)

Cross Reference

Answer:

And here is the reason:

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."
John 17:21 (KJV)

Eagles Wings

@CR - I have to be gone for a bit.

It's taken a bit of study of Scripture for me to understand Salvation and Sanctification. The bottom line is that the Father, Son and Spirit work together to give me Their grace, fellowship and friendship. Each day is a day I am grateful to God.

Lon

Calvinist: Faith? Without which NOT (ie regeneration)
Paul: Faith? Not too difficult for you or beyond your reach...
Points to ponder:

Jeremiah 10:23 O Jehovah, I know that the way of man does not belong to man; it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
Proverbs 20:24 Man's steps are of Jehovah; how can a man then understand his own way?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know what I have planned for you,'says the LORD. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.

Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Pro 3:5 Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of Jehovah as the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He will.

Psa 33:9 For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood.
Psa 33:10 Jehovah brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He breaks the plots of the people.
Psa 33:11 The counsel of Jehovah stands forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
Psa 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is Jehovah; the people He has chosen for His inheritance.
Psa 33:13 Jehovah looks down from Heaven; He beholds all the sons of mankind.
Psa 33:14 From His dwelling place He looks on all the people of the earth.
Psa 33:15 Together He forms their hearts; His understanding is to all their works.

Psa 37:18 Jehovah knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever.
Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by Jehovah; and He delights in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be cast down; for Jehovah upholds his hand.

Job 14:5 For his days are fixed, the number of his months is with You, and You have set his bounds so that he cannot pass;

Isaiah 46:9 Remember former things from forever; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me,
Isaiah 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;
Isaiah 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my purpose from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, I will also cause it to come; I have formed; yes, I will do it.

Rom 9:19 You will then say to me, Why does He yet find fault? For who has resisted His will?
Rom 9:20 No, but, O man, who are you who replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it, Why have you made me this way?
Rom 9:21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel to honor and another to dishonor?

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

James 4:13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"—
James 4:14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
James 4:15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

1Corinthians 4:7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

beloved57

God made some men to be destroyed as beast 2 Pet 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Reactions: Lon

Cross Reference

God made some men to be destroyed as beast 2 Pet 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Their own corruption??? Beast were made to be destroyed but you been saying that God made men that way!! Maybe you need to study a little more before offering up anymore.

beloved57

Their own corruption??? Beast were made to be destroyed but you been saying that God made men that way!! Maybe you need to study a little more before offering up anymore.
The word made is born, they were born to be taken and destroyed.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lon