Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

Anyone can look up what 'creed' means in a dictionary.

What is important to know is that there are no commands to make creeds, and there are no examples of a creed in the Bible.

Creeds are used in addition to the Bible.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Anyone can look up what 'creed' means in a dictionary.

What is important to know is that there are no commands to make creeds, and there are no examples of a creed in the Bible.

Creeds are used in addition to the Bible.

What's important to know is that words have meaning. Dictionaries provide the objective definitions for words so that individuals can't just arbitrarily change word meanings.

This is what you do very often. There is an objective truth, and you oppose it in favor of your contrived subjective opinion. Then others reiterate the objective truth of word meanings, etc. This causes you to become more and more defensive and obtuse, refusing to be corrected or learn the truth.

AFTER all that, you feel attacked; and have developed a martyr complex that you are being persecuted. And it's all because you make your own rules and definitions and doctrines for many things, and when others stand against your erroneous statements you bristle up and insist everyone is bullying you and you're the only one who believes God's Word correctly.

It's a vicious cycle, and you're trapped in it. You're not a victim, and much/most of your doctrine is jacked and wack.

Once you deny dictionary entries for some abstraction as a definition, you're at the verge of narcissistic total self-indulgence.

God's Truth

What's important to know is that words have meaning. Dictionaries provide the objective definitions for words so that individuals can't just arbitrarily change word meanings.

This is what you do very often. There is an objective truth, and you oppose it in favor of your contrived subjective opinion. Then others reiterate the objective truth of word meanings, etc. This causes you to become more and more defensive and obtuse, refusing to be corrected or learn the truth.

AFTER all that, you feel attacked; and have developed a martyr complex that you are being persecuted. And it's all because you make your own rules and definitions and doctrines for many things, and when others stand against your erroneous statements you bristle up and insist everyone is bullying you and you're the only one who believes God's Word correctly.

It's a vicious cycle, and you're trapped in it. You're not a victim, and much/most of your doctrine is jacked and wack.

Once you deny dictionary entries for some abstraction as a definition, you're at the verge of narcissistic total self-indulgence.

I care very little what you are any human thinks of me.

There is no creed for the Holy Bible.

That is enough for me.

Sonnet

1 Corinthians 1:23; 2:2, Romans 10:9
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

An auditor of such a proclamation is never disabused by Paul from the obvious assumption that Jesus' crucifixion relates to them in particular. So too with His resurrection.

So, without a statement to the contrary, the auditor is being told Christ died and rose for them - and in a salvific sense. Preachers that do not accept that Christ did this for all men are, at this point, misleading their audience.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Ask Mr. Religion;4733496]

". . a way of transmitting wisdom and thought from one generation to another."

Wisdom? Thought? Without expressed knowledge and explanation open to those with understanding who might take issue with the details? Creeds offer only a closed understanding written by godly men but nevertheless, closed to criticism. Inquistions were birthed in such an environment. . . and to a great degree are still being birthed.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 1:23; 2:2, Romans 10:9
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

An auditor of such a proclamation is never disabused by Paul from the obvious assumption that Jesus' crucifixion relates to them in particular. So too with His resurrection.

So, without a statement to the contrary, the auditor is being told Christ died and rose for them - and in a salvific sense.

HE DID! He was made the singular anarthrous sin of all mankind. But keep on obfuscating.

Preachers that do not accept that Christ did this for all men are, at this point, misleading their audience.

LOL.

Cross Reference

So, you try to convince us to listen to you concerning your interpretation of Scripture, but you would have us not listen to anyone else when they express their interpretation of Scripture.

Kind'a one-sided ain't it?

What, you got a monopoly on truth or sumpin'?

Creeds can work into the minds and hearts of those who live by them to the degree they need to no other authority, or excuse, with which to persecute.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I care very little what you are any human thinks of me.

In one sense, that is an appropriate strength. In another sense, it is disobedience.

There is no creed for the Holy Bible.

You have made up your own functional definition for "creed" based on your own perceptions, not reality. The meaning of "creed" is not something you can self-determine.

You have some misled notion that a creed is an addition or replacement for scripture, when it's a summary declarative statement of what one believes IS scripture as truth.

Your "creed" includes that there is no "creed". That's self-defeating. You're in denial of biblical and linguistic facts.

That is enough for me.

More of your "creed" here. And you position yourself above virtually everyone on TOL, yet you are very far from historical doctrinal truth.

You're a Modalist and you promote a works-based Soteriology. I'm being vastly more accomodating than anyone else on TOL is toward you. You need to realize that's not persecution because you're correct. It's correction because you're wrong.

You've inherited and pursued many United Pentecostal doctrines. I'd say you either WERE UPC, or have been strongly influenced by UPC beliefs.

Eagles Wings

Then you and those as you, live by different creeds.
Here is the Apostle's Creed...it is the Gospel.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit;
the holy catholic (Christian) church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.

Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

born of the virgin Mary,

He descended into hell.

He ascended into heaven,

the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;

Amen.

So, you are a Catholic?

Cross Reference

born of the virgin Mary,

He descended into hell.

He ascended into heaven,

the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;

Amen.

Great! Now explain it? Does it explain the how and reasons for it all being as proclaimed? I.e., what is everlasting/eternal life?

Have you been led to pursue this as being eternal life:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."?
John 17:3 (KJV)

Eagles Wings

Great! Now explain it? Does it explain the how and reasons for it all being as proclaimed? I.e., what is everlasting life?
This is a statement of faith, we say we believe...in Jesus Christ, and all He accomplished on the Cross, and the decree of the Trinity, to bring those who believe to everlasting life.

Cross Reference

This is a statement of faith, we say we believe...in Jesus Christ, and all He accomplished on the Cross, and the decree of the Trinity, to bring those who believe to everlasting life.

I understand and do not critize any of what you say. "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."
Proverbs 11:30 (KJV)

The question that remains is "win souls" unto what and that is where doctrine is critical [needs critiquing] when explaining the intent of the Heart of God. Few doctrines [never creeds] mention such instruction when explaining what is salvation in Christ.

God's Truth

In one sense, that is an appropriate strength. In another sense, it is disobedience.

You have made up your own functional definition for "creed" based on your own perceptions, not reality. The meaning of "creed" is not something you can self-determine.

You have some misled notion that a creed is an addition or replacement for scripture, when it's a summary declarative statement of what one believes IS scripture as truth.

Your "creed" includes that there is no "creed". That's self-defeating. You're in denial of biblical and linguistic facts.

More of your "creed" here. And you position yourself above virtually everyone on TOL, yet you are very far from historical doctrinal truth.

You're a Modalist and you promote a works-based Soteriology. I'm being vastly more accomodating than anyone else on TOL is toward you. You need to realize that's not persecution because you're correct. It's correction because you're wrong.

You've inherited and pursued many United Pentecostal doctrines. I'd say you either WERE UPC, or have been strongly influenced by UPC beliefs.

You are a false judge.

You have no other way to defend yourself and your false beliefs other than trying to slander others.