Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

ag·nos·tic

aɡˈnästik/

noun

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God

True Atheist's are offended at the possibility of a God.

Atheists hate the term Atheist and prefer Adeist.

That encompasses any possibility.

Anti-theism

Anti-theism requires more than either merely disbelieving in gods or even denying the existence of gods. Anti-theism requires a couple of specific and additional beliefs: first, that theism is harmful to the believer, harmful to society, harmful to politics, harmful, to culture, etc.; second, that theism can and should be countered in order to reduce the harm it causes. If a person believes these things, then they will likely be an anti-theist who works against theism by arguing that it be abandoned, promoting alternatives, or perhaps even supporting measures to suppress it.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

You can read the truth and still fight against it.

God's Truth

Contrary to popular belief all agnostics are not atheists. There are theistic agnostics--fideists, for example--who believe in God but do not believe that their understanding of God is knowable by natural means........j/s

"Grace is the face love wears when it meets imperfection." Joseph R. Cooke

Too late for your argument because Sonnet admitted along time ago that he does not have faith in God, or believe in Jesus.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Too late for your argument because Sonnet admitted along time ago that he does not have faith in God, or believe in Jesus.

You don't rest in Jesus, but I still haven't written you off, GT.

If I was a preacher, I would rather have Sonnet as my Associate Pastor, than you.

Just Sayen.

And now a word from GT...... OBEY. [emoji20]

And now a word from Sonnet...... God Loves Everyone, and now, as we open our bibles, I'll show you this is true with the words of Paul and Jesus. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

You don't rest in Jesus, but I still haven't written you off, GT.

If I was a preacher, I would rather have Sonnet as my Associate Pastor, than you.

Just Sayen.

And now a word from GT...... OBEY. [emoji20]

And now a word from Sonnet...... God Loves Everyone, and now, as we open our bibles, I'll show you this is true with the words of Paul and Jesus. [emoji3]

You do not tell the truth about me.

As for you saying if you were a preacher Sonnet would be your associate...I think you would do something against God such as that.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

You do not tell the truth about me.

As for you saying if you were a preacher Sonnet would be your associate...I think you would do something against God such as that.

I indeed appose a god.

8f0b84b118ce529d5f644cb36bf56802.jpg

4 In their case, the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

God's Truth

http://uploads.tapatalk-

4 In their case, the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who [I]is[/I] the image of God.

Sent from my iPad using [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367]TOL[/url] ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary[/QUOTE]

Why do you go against obeying every word of God?

Acts 26:14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Acts 26:14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'

God's Truth

I preach obeying every word of God. You preach not to except 'believe'. You nullify everything when you do that.

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Cross Reference

Fair request. It does indeed matter. I can only make the excuse that separation and condemnation come from man and Angels of wicked intent.

Forgiveness and Unconditional Love are Devine. [emoji846]

Where do we read that God's love is unconditional with respect to man's relationship with Him. It is written that God loves those that love Him. Now where should we place that in our believing that His love is "unconditional"?

Cross Reference

"The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. 
 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth." 

Psalm 34:15,16 (KJV) 

That is just for starters. . . and so much for the reform Romans 3:10 interpretation.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Where do we read that God's love is unconditional with respect to man's relationship with Him. It is written that God loves those that love Him. Now where should we place that in our believing that His love is "unconditional"?
I will answer this more stringently tomorrow.

Please post 1 Corinthians 13 in response to this and add the last section of chapter 12 before it.

What does 1 John 4 say?

Lastly, what does Jesus say the most important commandments are?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

musterion

"The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. 
 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth." 

Psalm 34:15,16 (KJV) 

That is just for starters. . . and so much for the reform Romans 3:10 interpretation.

Sloppy as always, you're off by two chapters.

Romans 5:6, 8.

Explain that, if God loves only those who love Him first.

Also, Eph 2:4-5.

Sonnet

I am late to the thread, but for one rare moment I agree with Cross Reference: What do you care? And if you want to debate a dreadful doctrine, let's debate your rejection of the Son of God, and your adherence to whatever goofy belief system you have usurped the Him with.

This thread isn't about my faith or lack of it. I'm not rejecting Christ. The statement, 'I dutifully declare that I am not a Christian,' was included because, initially, this thread was on the ECT forum so I had to be upfront about it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I indeed changed my post to He.

According to Jesus, what is the most important commandment?
Our Lord summed up the first table of the Law (duty to God) in his statement to love God with all our soul, mind, and heart. He then summed up the second table of the Law (duty to others) in his statement commanding us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves while also noting that the second command is like the first.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This isn't about how many of the elect will be saved. :AMR: However many that would be (from your PoV) it's still a presumed minority of all those who ever hear the Gospel of grace. Most, it is presumed, who hear it will not (cannot?) believe it and so will not be saved. I don't need to tell you that I've seen Calvinists say that. And they're correct in the sense that election posits reprobation...can't have one without the other. Else ALL are salvationally "elect" in the TULIP sense, making universalism true. But neither of us believes that.
Go back and re-read my supplied content. Nothing therein implies a significant minority view of the elect versus the non-elect. No Reformed person denies the elements of the decree of election presumes non-election. The mass of humanity (the lump of clay) contemplated by God's decree was a fallen lump in Adam, so no one deserves mercy, only justice. Praise be to God that He extended it to an amount no man can number.

It matters not whether one is Calvinist or not on the matter. God is certainly capable of saving everyone, that He does not is indisputable in Scripture no matter what side of the aisle one resides soteriologically. Fortunately the Reformed do not dilute the sovereignty of God in favor of humanistic notions of fairness or libertarian free-will. Apparently, some folks don't mind God sitting on His throne, but when He dares to actually reign they gnash their teeth. Sigh.

AMR

Sonnet

Go back and re-read my supplied content. Nothing therein implies a significant minority view of the elect versus the non-elect. No Reformed person denies the elements of the decree of election presumes non-election. The mass of humanity (the lump of clay) contemplated by God's decree was a fallen lump in Adam, so no one deserves mercy, only justice. Praise be to God that He extended it to an amount no man can number.

No child born deserves to be held accountable for any supposed already_imputed sin.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Does not God predestinate only those He foreknows who do love Him? By your words: man has free agency.
Free agency is not libertarian. It is spontaneity. All are free to choose according to their greatest inclinations at the moment they so choose. That is as free as we can be. The unbeliever possesses no inclinations towards the righteousness of God. Their inclinations are only to sin more or sin less. Hence they will never choose to call upon the name of the Lord and be saved until God, the Holy Spirit quickens them from their state of spiritual death (Eze. 36:26). Only then will the unbeliever be capable of believing.

God is not predestinating those He knows will call upon His name. God is not peeking ahead in time and rubber-stamping men's choices. God is not a debtor to man.

For your further review:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...n-vs-Enyart)&p=1535765&viewfull=1#post1535765

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...n-vs-Enyart)&p=1535835&viewfull=1#post1535835

AMR

Sonnet

Since you have already said that man has, 'no ability to not sin,' then those not elect under your theology have zero access to salvation.

Made that way and left that way...the upshot of your theology...?