Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

54c09e3747f7933e83a90c166f6a38a4.jpg

That would be a non-sequitur in respect of what I actually wrote.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That would be a non-sequitur in respect of what I actually wrote.

No, you're just not getting it is all.

God chose His beloved before the foundation of the world- just as the beloved Christ.
This is where we respect the fact of God's omniscient will, and stop treating Him as a mere mortal person.

Sonnet

No, you're just not getting it is all.

God chose His beloved before the foundation of the world- just as the beloved Christ.
This is where we respect the fact of God's omniscient will, and stop treating Him as a mere mortal person.

You keep making unsubstantiated assertions. Anyone can do that.

Scripture emphatically asserts that Christ died for all - and have already cited the relevant scriptures. You have provided none to the obverse.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you treat Him as a mere mortal since you don't think Him capable of efficacy whilst actually creating real creatures with real, nonpredeterminded, responses.

Jesus is called the Lion of Judah because you are a sheep- there is nothing you can do without His willing it.
God's Providence is selective.

The Gospel will reveal itself to you eventually.
Or not :rolleyes:

God's Truth

The new birth from above is by revelation as Jesus spoke of it to Nicodemus, i.e., by the Holy Spirit that creates within one a hunger

You are speaking as a Calvinist, or Lutheran,

The Holy Spirit does NOT cause a hunger in people before they are saved/born again.

Show the scripture that says that.

Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness are to come to Jesus.

No such scripture that says the Holy Spirit comes to us to cause us to be hungry and thirsty and to search for God.

for union IN Him Who is the Author of all three parts, "Knowledge, Assent, and Trust". In that is the "components of True faith" made perfect. . .they work as One.
You are a Calvinist, or a Lutheran.

God's Truth

AMR and Cross Reference are brothers for sure, but not as in brothers in Christ, rather, brothers in Augustine and Calvin and Luther.

Brothers as in--- There is no scripture ANYWHERE in the Bible that says what they believe and preach. There are no scriptures that even hint at what they are saying. In fact, their beliefs go against the plain and simple truth. The Truth, so simple that a child could understand. So simple that the wise just can't see it out of pride.

Cross Reference

Jesus is called the Lion of Judah because you are a sheep- there is nothing you can do without His willing it.
God's Providence is selective.

The Gospel will reveal itself to you eventually.
Or not :rolleyes:

Understand this; Man's will, in God's decison for his life, supersedes God's will. You should understand that is truth, given your own life to examnine. That is a historical, Biblical, FACT! Think not? Question: Why did Adam fail? Why was Abraham proven BEFORE he was chosen? What was the need for Jesus to be proven? Why did Peter deny Jesus after proclaiming his love to Him? Why the warnings given by Jesus to the churches, His people, in Revelations?

No friend, You have many questions to answer, that you can't in your present state of being.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Ok - not sure how this relates to what I said though.

You missed this edited in last line:
What Jesus has done by his death was to give all mankind access to the Presence of God without the Glory of God slaying him. This same access, though a gift, can only be made effective by the resurrection life of Jesus Christ indwelling man: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 (KJV) A baby has no choice in this because he isn't able to make one.

Cross Reference

I wrote this:

Even if we allow that God knows the counterfactuals of what a stillborn baby would have become - the problem remains for the Calvinist to explain accountability where no recourse to salvation is available.

As AMR said, 'not able to not sin.' Quite simply, those not elect have no way out of their predetermined end.

Which is NOT predetermined by God as the Calvinist would it be understood:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."
Revelation 22:11-12 (KJV) Where in that is God's predetermination of anyone's life but rather, one's self determnation of it?? "Choose you this day whom you will serve. As for me and my house, WE WILL serve the Lord"! . . Joshua.

There many other passages that say the same thing.

Cross Reference

I am not evangelizing...though if an unbeliever is encouraged by my posts then that's ok.
:)

Paul told us to: ". . watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of your ministry." which is our life lived out in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 4:5 (KJV)

Calvinist only wish to bring you down to their level. I am convinced of that.

Cross Reference

Right.

What is you view of original sin?

Sin is self assertion over the known will of God. God permits it to weed out those who hate Him. Vanity serves this purpose. (Rom 8:20KJV). The choice given man is therefore warranted by Him for selecting out for Himself many sons unto His glory . . heir-ship in Him and joint-heir-ship WITH Jesus Christ.. That is the gospel of the really Good News! All else preached is sizzle and not steak without this understanding presented in the messagOMT: This makes evangelizing to be unto something as opposed to being from something.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Just a little side bar. If I convert to Hindu, I can embrace all of the divisions in the BoC at the same time without conflict.

WHAT?!?

Sign me up!!!!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When finished His creation, if God said "everything was good" and only God is good, I think we can safely say Adam was confirmed upright, don't you?
No. Adam was not confirmed in his state. He failed the probationary period of the covenant entered into with him, "do this and live". Had he obeyed in this covenant of works God would not have instituted the covenant of grace, "live and do this", under which we all labor now. Adam being made good does not mean he was made with moral perfection, he was made mutable. Adam still needed to be confirmed in his righteousness and was placed under probation for that reason.

By their sin our first parents fell from their original righteousness and communion, with God, (Gen. 3:6-8, Eccl. 7:29, Rom. 3:23) and so became dead in sin, (Gen. 2:17, Eph. 2:1) and wholly defiled in all the parts and faculties of soul and body. (Tit. 1:15, Jer. 17:9, Rom. 3:10-18). Adam and Eve being the root of all mankind, the guilt of their sin was imputed (Gen. 1:27-28, Gen. 2:16-17, Acts 17:26, Rom. 5:12, 15-19, 1 Cor. 15:21-22, 45, 49); and the same death in sin, and corrupted nature, conveyed to all their posterity descending from them by ordinary generation (Ps. 51:5, Gen. 5:3,Job 14:4, Job 15:14).

The remainder of your reply is too much garbled word salad and I am not inclined to attempt to tease whatever you are really trying to say out from it. Speak plainly if you want to be understood.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since the stillborn child is held to be guilty of original sin, then their only hope for salvation would be if Jesus died for them.

That's correct isn't it?

Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit, (Luke 18:15-16, Acts 2:38-39, John 3:3, 5, 1 John 5:12, Rom. 8:9) who worketh when, and where, and how He pleases: (John 3:8) so also are all other elect persons who are uncapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word (1 John 5:12, Acts 4:12).

We can assert that there are elect infants who die in infancy. We don't know how many or how few. We can also assert that believers have special warrant to hope that their infants who die in infancy are such (Luke 18:15,16, II Sam. 12:23, Acts 2:38,39, Eze. 16:20,21). Beyond this we may not go. We may legitimately hope, but we may not demand.

Outside of Reformed circles, there are Calvinists, especially those using the Spurgeon revision to the LBCF, that will say that all infants that die are on their way to heaven. Piper
agrees with them, too.

AMR