racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :crow2:

More on the Ancient Egyptians.
From your reference article:
"If race as a classification had any use at all, it served as a mere convenience to distinguish between geographic groups of people. In the process, individual variances must first be abolished and the group's characteristics reduced to an average, to an imaginary prototype if you will, that has no basis in physical genetic reality." :thumb:

Says it for me! I wondered about this for years. It's a logical fallacy of inclusion, i.e., all members of a group are the same because they share one characteristic.

It's the kind of lockstep "logic" used by multiculturalists to defend the indefensible. It also brands people for easy discrimination. Unfortunately, we have to live with the result, as :BillyBob: does in his business. In my businesses, everyone is a customer - that's pretty much it.

Yes, I do discriminate in my businesses. I do not waste any time trying to sell to some commie dimbulb who wants to know if I "do" affirmative action or some other racist crapola. I got property and product to move. You're either going to buy it based on price and quality or you go to someone more politically correct and spend your money on whatever.

I have customers who are black, white, various shades of in-between. I have folks from Taiwan, Korea, Argentina, Colombia, Kenya, Russia, El Salvador, Indiana, Kentucky, New York, Puerto Rico, just to name a few. I even sell to Democrats if they have attention spans longer than a few seconds. :liberals:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Good point, Frank. I have learned that it is a waste of my time to give bids to Orientals [Asians], Indians/Pakistanis and Arabs. They all want work done for nothing and they want to haggle with me about the price. I have given quite a few estimates to 'them' over the years and have never once gotten a job from them. So, I don't bother even giving estimates to them any longer or even responding to their phone calls. I have the right to choose my customers the same way I have a right to choose my employees.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :BillyBob:

Good point, Frank. I have learned that it is a waste of my time to give bids to Orientals [Asians], Indians/Pakistanis and Arabs. They all want work done for nothing and they want to haggle with me about the price. I have given quite a few estimates to 'them' over the years and have never once gotten a job from them. So, I don't bother even giving estimates to them any longer or even responding to their phone calls. I have the right to choose my customers the same way I have a right to choose my employees.
Yessiree! I have had similar experiences. Seems that for some of these folks lying, cheating and stealing is the only way they know to do business. :greedy:I refer them to lie-beral competitors so they will have a level playing field. :thumb:

Crow

Originally posted by BillyBob

There's a reason for that, and it's cultural. If you ever get tempted to give them a bid, give them one that's astronomical. Then you insult each other for about five minutes. Traditionally, they will claim that your work is not worth the money. Traditionally, you will claim that they are stingy, and their house is so crappy that it's demeaning for you to work in such a hovel. Then you come to a figure. If you argue well, you come out ahead.

I lived in Taiwan, and it's sort of a game that's played on every transaction. I got pretty good at it. It's actually fun if you like insulting Asians, Indians, Pakistanis, and Arabs.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :crow2:

There's a reason for that, and it's cultural. If you ever get tempted to give them a bid, give them one that's astronomical. Then you insult each other for about five minutes. Traditionally, they will claim that your work is not worth the money. Traditionally, you will claim that they are stingy, and their house is so crappy that it's demeaning for you to work in such a hovel. Then you come to a figure. If you argue well, you come out ahead.
:think:
I lived in Taiwan, and it's sort of a game that's played on every transaction. I got pretty good at it. It's actually fun if you like insulting Asians, Indians, Pakistanis, and Arabs.
:idea:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Crow

The insult things sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't live in Taiwan, I live in the US. If they move to MY country, then they should learn how to do business OUR way. You learned to do business their way when you lived in Taiwan, that makes perfect sense.

Ultimately, I'd rather not do business with any of them if it requires me changing my business practices. When I give someone a bid, the price is not up for negotiation, it's either 'Yes' or 'No'.

Crow

The insult things sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't live in Taiwan, I live in the US. If they move to MY country, then they should learn how to do business OUR way. You learned to do business their way when you lived in Taiwan, that makes perfect sense.

Ultimately, I'd rather not do business with any of them if it requires me changing my business practices. When I give someone a bid, the price is not up for negotiation, it's either 'Yes' or 'No'.

I know. Some people (I'm one of them :devil: ) just enjoy the "insult game."

servent101

Billybob
I'd rather not do business with any of them

We have the right to be cautious of a person - but I think we still have to be aware of what racism is - judging someone on the basis of the colour of their skin.

People who move to this country need to be informed of how to do business here - and it is a problem with the immigration office, and this is our fault, as I suspect there is no "guide" available to immigrants on the ethics of doing business here in North America.

All in all it just does not sit well with me to think it is O.K. to decide that everyone of this or that race is a certain way... it is racism, and racism is wrong.

We have a good standard of living, and this is due to our ethical business men and women in this country – for people to bring their own self destructive business practises from another country – they need to be educated, as it harms this country – if they are not ethical, people need to educate them and take them up on their actions … most of them probably don’t even know they are doing something wrong, and we just ignore them and say Nothing? – this is not right either.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

billwald

I've been taken more often by businesses that claim to be "Christian" than should statistically happen. I tend to avoid them unless I know them personally.

I help cook in a church camp for several years (Lakeside Bible Camp, Clinton, WA. great place) and we got our supplies from a local "Christian" company who was always giving us good deals. One year The Wife ran the kitchen. I got talking to a SYSCO driver and asked him to stop by. We switched and cut costs by 30%.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by servent101

Billybob

We have the right to be cautious of a person - but I think we still have to be aware of what racism is - judging someone on the basis of the colour of their skin.

If there is a pattern, it isn't racism, just a simple observation. I didn't start out judging them based on their race or skin color, it just turned out that way after recognizing a continuous pattern..

People who move to this country need to be informed of how to do business here - and it is a problem with the immigration office, and this is our fault, as I suspect there is no "guide" available to immigrants on the ethics of doing business here in North America.

That's not my problem. Someone here in the US likely sponsored or encouraged them to migrate here, let them tell the newcomers how things are. Do you think that if I moved to China anybody would take me under their wing and show me the ropes? :nono:

All in all it just does not sit well with me to think it is O.K. to decide that everyone of this or that race is a certain way... it is racism, and racism is wrong.

Wrong? If I notice that Asians [or any other ethnic group] always want to dicker about price and never hire me, should I continue to waste my time giving estimates to them just so you can feel good about yourself or do I get smart about the whole thing and realize that giving bids to certain people is nothing but a waste of my time?

We have a good standard of living, and this is due to our ethical business men and women in this country – for people to bring their own self destructive business practises from another country – they need to be educated, as it harms this country – if they are not ethical, people need to educate them and take them up on their actions … most of them probably don’t even know they are doing something wrong, and we just ignore them and say Nothing? – this is not right either.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Well, I am not an educator of alien assimilation, I am a businessman. It isn't my job to explain to them how things work in this country. If they can't figure it out, they will just have to do their own work and remain isolated from OUR culture.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by billwald

I've been taken more often by businesses that claim to be "Christian" than should statistically happen. I tend to avoid them unless I know them personally.

I help cook in a church camp for several years (Lakeside Bible Camp, Clinton, WA. great place) and we got our supplies from a local "Christian" company who was always giving us good deals. One year The Wife ran the kitchen. I got talking to a SYSCO driver and asked him to stop by. We switched and cut costs by 30%.

I would rather trust a Christian who never mentions his faith than one who uses his faith as the main selling point.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame

I would rather trust a Christian who never mentions his faith than one who uses his faith as the main selling point.
Cold, cruel world. Caveat emptor always applies even in religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.