Pro-life and Democrat

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
my discussion with quip is an attempt to understand the reasoning behind

1. allowing a woman the choice to kill her child before he is born
and
2. denying a woman the choice to kill her child after he is born

(one reason) - Her liberties and moral right in removing said life from her body.

can you explain why these don't apply equally after birth as before birth?
Because she's not pregnant anymore.
Do you believe that upon delivery of the child, the mother’s “liberties and moral right” to be free of her child end? That upon delivery, the mother’s “liberties” are curtailed and her “moral right” transformed?

quip

BANNED
Banned
if the result of birth is prolonged suffering, why wouldn't you be in favor of allowing the mother the choice to end it?

Does your moral imperative allow for suffering children? If not, why force the birth of an unwanted child into suffering?

ok doser

and

(one reason) - - Bodily autonomy.

which logically, rationally and factually exists before and after delivery
Sure. Bodily autonomy exist for everyone. The specifics of pregnancy are germane to the issue of abortion.
In what way do “the specifics of pregnancy” influence bodily autonomy of the mother?
Do you allow the mother her bodily autonomy (which I understand to mean the right to do with her body as she wishes) after delivery or not?

quip

BANNED
Banned
In what way do “the specifics of pregnancy” influence bodily autonomy of the mother?
Do you allow the mother her bodily autonomy (which I understand to mean the right to do with her body as she wishes) after delivery or not?
You're going in circles...that's been answered.
Get some new material.

ok doser

… my discussion with quip is an attempt to understand the reasoning behind

and

(one reason) - Her liberties and moral right in removing said life from her body.

Do you believe that upon delivery of the child, the mother’s “liberties and moral right” to be free of her child end?
Without referring to the law, can you explain how you can justify denying the new mother “liberties and moral right” that she had moments before?
That upon delivery, the mother’s “liberties” are curtailed and her “moral right” transformed?
"Transformed"?
Yes, from a “moral right” to be free of her child to a “moral responsibility” to care for her child

ok doser

Ok. Then what's your objection to abortion?

i'm not objecting to abortion quip, as i've said repeatedly:

and

and so, again:
if the result of birth is prolonged suffering (of the child), why wouldn't you be in favor of allowing the mother the choice to end it (by killing the child)?

ok doser

and

(one reason) - - Bodily autonomy.

which logically, rationally and factually exists before and after delivery
Sure. Bodily autonomy exist for everyone. The specifics of pregnancy are germane to the issue of abortion.
You're going in circles...that's been answered.

Can you summarize or give a link?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Without referring to the law, can you explain how you can justify denying the new mother “liberties and moral right” that she had moments before?
Yes. It's not subsisting within her body.

Yes, from a “moral right” to be free of her child to a “moral responsibility” to care for her child
Moral responsibility for the newborn is not a given.(i.e. it's potential suffering). Nothing has been "transformed".

ok doser

and

(one reason) - - - Incipient life's reliance upon mom's body.

this is the argument about dependency, in which you claimed the newborn was independent and it was pointed out to you that that was untrue, that the newborn was as dependent upon the mother as it was before birth

if you believe the newborn is independent of the mother, then why deny her the right to abandon it if she wishes?

As well I pointed out that after birth the child is afforded full protection of the law.
So you’re abandoning the argument about dependency? Good. It was a non-starter

So that’s one down out of four 😊

ok doser

You stated earlier that your moral imperative allows for the suffering of the newborn...so I'll assume the same for the mother. Correct?

my moral imperative allows for the suffering of all life, as an inevitable consequence of the world in which we live

and so, again, for the 5th time:
if the result of birth is prolonged suffering (of the child), why wouldn't you be in favor of allowing the mother the choice to end it (by killing the child)?

Last edited:

ok doser

and

Do you believe that upon delivery of the child, the mother’s “liberties and moral right” to be free of her child end?
Yes. It's not subsisting within her body.
And yet it is just as dependent upon her care for its life as it was moments before – indeed, more so
On what basis do you deny her the “liberty and moral right” to choose to be free from this encumbrance?

That upon delivery, the mother’s “liberties” are curtailed and her “moral right” transformed?
"Transformed"?
Moral responsibility for the newborn is not a given.(i.e. it's potential suffering). Nothing has been "transformed".
The mother of the newborn does not have the moral responsibility to care for the infant? Is that what you’re saying?

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
my moral imperative allows for the suffering of all life, as an inevitable consequence of the world in which we live
So, you're special pleading on the behalf of the embryo at the cost of the newborn? :idunno:

At least...you're inconsistent! :plain:

Weird...as someone said prior.