ECT Poll: The Rod of Iron

Poll: The Rod of Iron

• It won't happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It may or may not happen, depending on ______. (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

What do you believe about the following prophetic passages:

"He shall ... break in pieces the oppressor” (Psa. 72:4).

“Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel” (Psa. 2:9).

“Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. ... For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. ... But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away” (Psa. 37:1-2, 9-10, 20).

“But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it” (Prov. 2:22).

“I have sworn by Myself, the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to Him shall men come; and all that are incensed against Him shall be ashamed” (Isa 45:23-24).

“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve Thee shall perish; yea, nations shall be utterly wasted” (Isa. 60:12).

“And He shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father” (Rev. 2:27).

“And she brought forth a man Child, Who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her Child was caught up unto God and hHis throne” (Rev. 12:5).

Word based mystic

luke 1:33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.

(((only His kingdom has no end)))

all of mans kingdoms and
the dominion of darkness shall perish. Has an end.

the only scripture that relates to a power, government dominion or entity that has no end is The Lord Jesus kingdom/kingdom of God

all other entities and powers or dominions perish or as in ezekiel 28:18-19
Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you.
19 “All who know you among the peoples
Are appalled at you;
You have become [a]terrified
And you will cease to be forever

even lucifer shall cease to be forever.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It always amazes me that by symbolic or metaphoric interpretation the LORD's very plain statements are in effect erased from scripture.

'The One Who sits in the heavens, laughs!'

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen[nations] rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed[Messiah/Christ], saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen[nations] for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

musterion

luke 1:33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.

only His kingdom has no end

all of mans kingdoms and
the dominion of darkness shall perish. Has an end.

the only scripture that relates to a power, government dominion or entity that has no end is The Lord Jesus kingdom/kingdom of God

all other entities and powers or dominions perish or as in ezekiel 28:18-19
Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you.
19 “All who know you among the peoples
Are appalled at you;
You have become [a]terrified
And you will cease to be forever

even lucifer shall cease to be forever.

Did you vote?

Word based mystic

i just voted.

you should have added a line that says

some of these have happened
and the rest will happen.

in the last three scriptures some of it have happened and the rest will fully happen in the future

musterion

i just voted.

you should have added a line that says

some of these have happened
and the rest will happen.

in the last three scriptures some of it have happened and the rest will fully happen in the future

If I'd thought of it, I'd have included that, thanks.

musterion

Contrast Brian Mitchell who in 2002 kidnapped and raped 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart for nine months. He was caught red-handed in March 2003 in possession of the girl, but his trial didn’t start until seven YEARS later because of humanistic psycho-babble about his “incompetency” and because of the inherent foolishness of the modern U.S. judicial system. Even when the trial did finally begin, it was halted temporarily by the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals because the jury pool was allegedly so tainted by publicity that the wicked man couldn’t get a fair trial, even though the man had been caught red-handed and the 500 prospective jurors had filled out a 42-page questionnaire to ascertain their competency! Finally in May 2011, Mitchell was sentenced to life in prison where the vile man will be coddled at taxpayer expense for the rest of his life.

Nothing like this will happen in Christ’s kingdom. Justice will be exercised with wisdom and righteousness, and it will be exercised swiftly.

There will be no sinful foolishness in the justice system in Christ’s kingdom, such as prisoners suing their victims. There will be no frivolous lawsuits such as suing over spilt hot coffee. There will be no tricky lawyers overturning justice through “technicalities.” There will be no “insanity” defense for people who commit crimes while drunk or high on drugs. There will be no deluded psychotherapists to be bribed or tricked by clever criminals.

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/a_rod_of_iron.html

HisServant

For those of you that think this is a future event... please explain to me why Jesus and John would have lied about the timing on this matter.

HisServant

Lie? No such!

Are any people that Jesus was preaching to still alive today?

Did all the prophesies in Revelation occur soon after John wrote it?

If you still believe they are to be future events, then Jesus and John both told lies.

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

Matthew 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

The LORD didn't lie. They saw his coming, just as John saw it as he wrote Revelation.
That does not mean that it has happened yet.

Word based mystic

Are any people that Jesus was preaching to still alive today?

Did all the prophesies in Revelation occur soon after John wrote it?

If you still believe they are to be future events, then Jesus and John both told lies.

preterist.

not all prophecies were fulfilled. then.

It is obvious.

HisServant

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

Matthew 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

The LORD didn't lie. They saw his coming, just as John saw it as he wrote Revelation.
That does not mean that it has happened yet.

oooo.... double speak...