?Political Correctness Paving the way to Acceptance of Depravity?

bybee

You mean the right to discriminate

The right to hold an opinion contrary to the currently accepted opinion.
Not too long ago homosexuality was legally considered a disease and it was illegal.
That has changed.
I do not care what goes on in another person's bedroom.
By the same token I do not feel that free citizen's should be forced to engage in behaviors against their will.
Today, that means you cannot engage in commerce unless you comply with laws with which you disagree.
So be it.

bybee

Ah....I see now. Bybee's just upset that society is moving away from Christianity-fueled bigotry rather than towards it.

Exactly what I thought....an old Christian seeing the world around her changing and shouting "I don't like it!!!"

Again, I don't care about peoples private lives. I don't care about peoples religious affiliations.
I do care about the way in which we treat each other in public.
Bigotry knows no boundaries. You exhibit much bigotry towards anyone who dares to disagree with you. You use insults and sarcasm to put people down.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps a bakery has to serve all who enter. But no law says what the cake must taste like. :)

bybee

I didn't see you complaining about the racial discrimination laws in the past. Why weren't you shedding tears for the poor white southerners who are forced to serve black people against their own conscious, having to "bastardize" themselves to make a buck?

"A man is a man for all of that...".
I do not support worrying about the color of one's skin.
You don't know me.
As I have stated two of my children have married people of another culture, one Hispanic the other African American.
I raised them to look for the quality of a person's thoughts and deeds.
The color of one's skin is not a choice.
I am not opposed to serving whoever comes in the door commercially.
But, some people are. Why are they to be denied their freedom to choose when their closely held religious beliefs are being challenged?

Jose Fly

And as has been pointed out to you, you and everyone else, still have that right.

Not too long ago homosexuality was legally considered a disease and it was illegal.
That has changed.
Do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing?

By the same token I do not feel that free citizen's should be forced to engage in behaviors against their will.
I want to be free to drive 100 mph in a school zone. Why is the gov't forcing me to drive 20 mph? Isn't that forcing me to engage in a behavior against my will?

Today, that means you cannot engage in commerce unless you comply with laws with which you disagree.
Um....that's pretty much always been the case. There are a lot of people who don't agree with paying sales taxes, but they have to comply nevertheless.

I do too, and I don't favor groups of people being denied housing, loans, employment, or other public accommodations just because of who they are.

You exhibit much bigotry towards anyone who dares to disagree with you. You use insults and sarcasm to put people down.
Yes, I am indeed bigoted against bigots who would prefer to go back to the good ol' days where gays were locked up for being gay, and had no civil rights.

Which side of history are you going to be on? The side of bigotry and discrimination, or the side of equality and tolerance?

TracerBullet

you can hold any opinion you wish but you cannot treat minorities like second class citizens.

That has changed.
For lack of any evidence that it was a mental illness.

In the same era you are referencing women and children were considered property and Africans were considered to be nearly sub human. Those things changed to

I do not care what goes on in another person's bedroom.
How sad that you feel you need to be forced to treat others with dignity and respect.

So be it.

whites-only.png

TracerBullet

Again, I don't care about peoples private lives. I don't care about peoples religious affiliations.
Bigotry knows no boundaries. You exhibit much bigotry towards anyone who dares to disagree with you. You use insults and sarcasm to put people down.

you are here promoting and glorying discrimination and you have the nerve to accuse someone else of bigotry????

bybee

you are here promoting and glorying discrimination and you have the nerve to accuse someone else of bigotry????

No I am not!
To be discriminating is not discrimination. It is being free to make one's own choices.
You deliberately and childishly misread what I have said.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Hey dopey, put all your accusations on me, because I do not care one bit about any of these issues. I care about my relationship with God, and as far as I see, God does not care if I adhere to older values, in fact, that may be preferred.

bybee

you can hold any opinion you wish but you cannot treat minorities like second class citizens.

For lack of any evidence that it was a mental illness.

In the same era you are referencing women and children were considered property and Africans were considered to be nearly sub human. Those things changed to

How sad that you feel you need to be forced to treat others with dignity and respect.

whites-only.png

I have not in any way stated that I advocate treating anyone poorly.
Good manners require that one treats all people equally under the same circumstances. That means in logistics. It does not mean in approval.
I am a nurse. Every patient is treated with the same courtesy.
I used to have a consignment shop. Sometimes I would make very good deals for people who were obviously counting their pennies.
And I did say on two separate occasions when people of means were trying to low ball me that I would rather burn it than sell it for the price they offered. I also told a couple looking to buy a beautiful hide a bed sofa for their rental property at a price way
below the asking price that they might want to try The GoodWill Store. They could find furniture in their price range there.
I suppose today I could be sued for discrimination. All of the customers were Caucasians.

TracerBullet

No I am not!
To be discriminating is not discrimination. It is being free to make one's own choices.
You deliberately and childishly misread what I have said.

A business that chooses to refuse service to a minority is engaging in discrimination. Defending that business is defending discrimination

TracerBullet

I have not in any way stated that I advocate treating anyone poorly.
Good manners require that one treats all people equally under the same circumstances. That means in logistics. It does not mean in approval.
I am a nurse. Every patient is treated with the same courtesy.
Businesses refusing to serve members of a minority are treating people with courtesy?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why would I do that Doc?

Because I have to eat, then suffer for it. Why would I care about that, when have to deal with this?

bybee cares, you seem to need to make the point, why not make it to someone who has far worse problems than caring about being called bigot ?