PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

Lon

Thank you. Some disagreement, but only given here incidentally. For the most part, I'm simply clarifying what I know of MAD at this point, giving the incidentals for any further conversation or meaning. I've an appreciation for MAD, while disagreeing. In Him -Lon
Do a chapter by chapter analysis of the Book of Acts, examining how many times Peter's name is mentioned in each chapter versus Paul's name.

You'll find that Acts starts out with Peter being mentioned quite a lot, but by the end of Acts, he's nowhere to be found, and that prior to Acts 8, Paul is not mentioned once, but by the end of Acts, it's all Paul, wall-to-wall.
Spoiler

Acts 1: Peter = 2, Paul = 0
Acts 2: Peter = 3, Paul = 0
Acts 3: Peter = 6, Paul = 0
Acts 4: Peter = 3, Paul = 0
Acts 5: Peter = 4, Paul = 0
Acts 6: Peter = 0, Paul = 0
Acts 7: Peter = 0, Paul = 1
Acts 8: Peter = 2, Paul = 2
Acts 9: Peter = 6, Paul = 10
Acts 10: Peter = 16, Paul = 0
Acts 11: Peter = 4, Paul = 2
Acts 12: Peter = 10, Paul = 1
Acts 13: Peter = 0, Paul = 12
Acts 14: Peter = 0, Paul = 6
Acts 15: Peter = 1, Paul = 9
Acts 16: Peter = 0, Paul = 11
Acts 17: Peter = 0, Paul = 9
Acts 18: Peter = 0, Paul = 6
Acts 19: Peter = 0, Paul = 9
Acts 20: Peter = 0, Paul = 6
Acts 21: Peter = 0, Paul = 10
Acts 22: Peter = 0, Paul = 6
Acts 23: Peter = 0, Paul = 16
Acts 24: Peter = 0, Paul = 6
Acts 25: Peter = 0, Paul = 9
Acts 26: Peter = 0, Paul = 7
Acts 27: Peter = 0, Paul = 9
Acts 28: Peter = 0, Paul = 7
There are a couple of things that come to mind immediately.

It is clear from the book of Acts that Luke was with Peter and the eleven right up until Acts 16. At that point, Luke left them and joined with Paul and those with him. See my blog: https://theologyonline.com/blogs/right-divider/2441281-

This also goes along with the fact that after Acts 15 Peter disappears from the book of Acts entirely. Not a single mention of Peter in Acts 16-28.

Very telling, I'd say.
Thank you, that was a bit of work from both of you. I appreciate it.
Observation: I see the inference but there is a lot on the table. Luke was writing both Luke and Acts to Theophilus who was not a Jew thus 'emphasis' is upon gentiles, a fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant. (You likely know where the differences are between systematic theologies, but if any of this helps move the topic forward...).

If there were already twelve apostles (Matthias being chosen to replace Judas) to sit on the twelve thrones to rule over the twelve tribes of Israel, then why Paul at all? The fact that he was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentiles already shows a change in dispensations.

The fact that there are similarities, but yet also differences, should tell you that they by definition are different.
That was the question, how they are the same, as well as different. Your answer below, that gospel doesn't always mean 'salvation' is helpful. For the most part, the church at large sees one gospel: Salvation through Jesus Christ. While other good news may exist (for the rest of the churches), the Cross overshadows them. You also know this, but its important to explain just what is meant by 'different' gospels. Most would see 'different audiences.' For me, the future of Israel is caught up in the cross. The rest is icing upon that cake and thus packaged with the saving work of the Lord Jesus Christ. I realize too MAD disagrees on this point, but it isn't too huge of a disagreement given that neither of us are Jews. We'd simply agree upon the one gospel to the gentiles, and the other is academic, thus not a lot at stake in the disagreement on this particular. If there is something crucial, however, for MAD theology, I'd appreciate the mention here. At this point in time, I've a 'live and let live' approach over the difference. It does affect our theology, but our walk with God? I'm not really seeing that. Paul absolutely reiterates the important things from the O.T. and gospels that directly apply to gentiles so I'm good there. When we read Paul, we are reading the Lord Jesus Christ. This man believes it is crucial, as it influences many drawn conclusions, and he may be correct in the sense that many churches are caught up in works-based doctrines. As far as Ephesians 2:8-10, such is always the cart before the horse. The believer is a new creation, new made for new works that he/she cannot help but express the newness of a genuinely new life. Thus "Obey" is always a cart before the horse venture and guarantees no new wineskin. Necessarily then, I'm often arguing with MAD, against works-based salvation or keeping it. "If any one is in Christ, he/she is a new creation. The old HAS passed, the new HAS come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Not sure if there is, but I recommend reading Cornelius Stam's Things That Differ if you haven't already.
“But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;” – Galatians 2:7
The posit, thus the ensuing question must be: Same gospel, two different audiences? It must be asked. The posit (linked at the beginning of this section) continues to address 'differences' but note with me that every single difference is rather about audience, rather than message. That alone, cannot make a different gospel, just a different people of application. It isn't a disagreement point, here, just a note of why these discussions confuse someone without MAD reading or acceptance: Some of the data/teaching confuses the issue.

I did find a chart.
Spoiler
Gospel of the Kingdom
(Mark 1:14)
Gospel of Grace
(Acts 20:24)
Preaches the soon coming of the king and his kingdom (Matt 3:2)Preaches the grace of God for salvation (Rom 3:22-26)
The king and kingdom was promised to the nation of Israel (Luke 1:69)The grace of God is offered freely to all (Rom 3:22)
The kingdom was spoken about since the world began (Acts 3:21-25)The dispensation of God’s grace was kept secret since the world began (Rom 16:25)
Killing the king is a sad and wicked thing (Luke 24:17; Acts 2:23)The crucifixion of Christ is our glory (Gal 6:14)
The cross of Christ was not part of the message (Luke 9:2 vs. Luke 18:34)Requires preaching the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
Resurrection was not part of the message (John 20:9)Preaching is vain without the resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:14)
The kingdom requires performance (1 John 2:3; Matt 25:32-46)God’s grace motivates a purpose in your heart (2 Cor 9:7; 2 Cor 5:14-15)
The kingdom will benefit everyone on earth (Rev 20:3-4; Isa 2:3-4)God’s grace unto salvation benefits only those that believe (Rom 3:22)
Salvation comes in the future when the kingdom comes (Acts 3:19; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5)Salvation comes at the moment of belief (Eph 1:13; Rom 5:1)
To be saved requires enduring to the end (Matt 24:13)To be saved requires believing your work has come to an end (Rom 4:5)
There is a difference between Jew and Gentile in the kingdom (Matt 15:26; Zech 8:23)There are no Jews or Gentiles in the church in this dispensation of grace (Gal 3:28)
Was given to the Twelve apostles of Israel to preach (Acts 1:3)Was given to the apostle of the Gentiles to preach (Rom 11:13; 1 Cor 9:17; Eph 3:1-2)
Waiting for a kingdom of heaven to come to earth (Matt 6:10)Preaching for those on earth to trust Christ and go to heaven (Eph 2:6-7)
The kingdom will be a visible presence on earth (Matt 24:27; Rev 19:11)God’s grace is by faith and not by sight (2 Cor 5:7)
Healing of the sick was a sign of the kingdom (Matt 4:23; Mark 16:18)The lack of healing is a sign of God’s sufficient grace (2 Cor 12:8-10)
Water baptism prepares Israel to enter the kingdom (Matt 3:3; Acts 2:38)Baptism by the Spirit places us in the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:13)
Continued obedience to the commandments required (Matt 23:13)Justified without the law of Moses; not under the law (Acts 13:39; Rom 6:14)
Faith without works is dead (James 2:24)Faith in the finished work of Christ gives peace and life (Rom 4:5; Rom 5:1)

Salvation for Israel is not quite the same thing as it is for the Body of Christ.

Salvation for the Jews is an eternal kingdom where Christ will rule forever as their King.

Salvation for the Body of Christ is eternal life through Jesus christ our Lord.

See above.

It is where we disagree: The Cross is necessary for all men. No unregenerate Jew can see the Kingdom. Galatians 3:28

The martyrdom of Stephen is when God decided to switch programs for a while, but the actual switch didn't occur until two chapters later, when Paul humbled himself before Christ.
When I'd read the casting of lots for Matthias, it was the Apostles' choice. When the Lord Jesus Christ chose Paul, it was His choice. I've thought that the first definition of "Apostles" was 'chosen by Jesus' thus while Matthias was a legitimate choice and included with the 11, Paul was God's choice. Both then legitimate, but I didn't see it as a program change, but the exercise of the whole plan. It does, obviously, show the difference between theology systems and it does drive our respective systematics.

Gospel means good news.

There are many "good news"s in the Bible.
Here I think it'd be wise for all nonMAD to pay attention and learn something. As I said, for us there is but ONE good news, but it'd behoove us at least to see where it changed, if not different altogether. In this, the implications, even given as example from some workers, are far reaching and even fatal. Matthew 7:23

I beg my nonMAD friends to listen on this point. Its important and potentially life and death. -Lon

Well, not necessarily. I would think the simplest explanation was that there were Jews who had built synagogues in gentile areas (as part of the Diaspora)
It is an interesting and provoking verse because it seems to be offered as a 'why' gentiles weren't to be burdened with more than staying away from impurities.

Currently? or before the change in dispensations?
For solidarity, I believe we both agree upon Salvation in Jesus Christ alone as the only Gospel of life for all mankind. Acts 4:12 However this gospel is the same is crucial to understanding not just MAD, but the Salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ for all men. John 3:16

Thank you gentlemen.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you, that was a bit of work from both of you. I appreciate it.
Observation: I see the inference but there is a lot on the table. Luke was writing both Luke and Acts to Theophilus who was not a Jew thus 'emphasis' is upon gentiles, a fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant. (You likely know where the differences are between systematic theologies, but if any of this helps move the topic forward...).
How do you know that Theophilus is not a Jew? Many Jews, depending on where they lived, had both Hebrew and Roman names. Paul was one of those (Saul was also called Paul [Acts 13:9]).

Some claim that Luke was also a gentile, but that does not make much sense. The Bible says that God gave Israel the oracles of God.

Rom 3:1-2 KJV What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? (2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I believe that all of scripture was given to and through the Jews.

Right Divider

Body part
It is where we disagree: The Cross is necessary for all men. No unregenerate Jew can see the Kingdom. Galatians 3:28
Do you actually think that JR or I don't think that the Cross was necessary for all men?

But the full effect of the cross is clearly missing in Acts 1-8. Peter did NOT preach the cross as good news in those chapters. Peter preached it as a murder indictment.

When I'd read the casting of lots for Matthias, it was the Apostles' choice. When the Lord Jesus Christ chose Paul, it was His choice. I've thought that the first definition of "Apostles" was 'chosen by Jesus' thus while Matthias was a legitimate choice and included with the 11, Paul was God's choice. Both then legitimate, but I didn't see it as a program change, but the exercise of the whole plan. It does, obviously, show the difference between theology systems and it does drive our respective systematics.
Paul did NOT meet the qualifications for a replacement.

Act 1:21-23 KJV Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
There were apparently only two men that did qualify.

On top of that, Paul was not called until YEARS later. They needed to be twelve immediately so that they could judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Nowhere in scripture can we find even the slightest hint that the choice was incorrect.

Paul is the apostle of the gentiles and not one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes.

Here I think it'd be wise for all nonMAD to pay attention and learn something. As I said, for us there is but ONE good news, but it'd behoove us at least to see where it changed, if not different altogether. In this, the implications, even given as example from some workers, are far reaching and even fatal. Matthew 7:23
To believe that there is only one "good news" in the Bible is silly.

Thank you gentlemen.
You're welcome.

Lon

Do you actually think that JR or I don't think that the Cross was necessary for all men?
Rather, I think it is absolutely necessary to discuss it, lest another think that. :up:

But the full effect of the cross is clearly missing in Acts 1-8. Peter did NOT preach the cross as good news in those chapters. Peter preached it as a murder indictment.
I've heard sermons about hellfire, and sermons about paradise, and it seems both have their respective places for turning people to the Savior. In this case, they'd been through what you and I had not seen (well, until depictions from Mel Gibson etc.).

Paul did NOT meet the qualifications for a replacement.
What were the qualifications as far as you understand them?

There were apparently only two men that did qualify.
Well, they drew lots, but they chose these men as those who had been with them. There were many qualified disciples, but apostleship was of a more intimate nature, His inner circle. Even at that, only 3 went with Him to the Transfiguration, etc.

On top of that, Paul was not called until YEARS later. They needed to be twelve immediately so that they could judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Nowhere in scripture can we find even the slightest hint that the choice was incorrect.
I 'think' you should be asking instead of telling at this point. While I'd assert there is no information given regarding Matthias after his choosing, it really doesn't matter. It is rather whether 'even the slightest hint' can be true or is demonstrably false out of the gate as overstated. I realize this is a bit confrontative, but there is a goodly purpose to it: to caution overstatements in theology that any man may call into question. These tend to lead to full rejections, the more they are used because, and specifically: they are exaggerations, and empty (by necessity) assertions. You nor I will convince a soul based on such. It is done around you by others, and I caution that it is not a good influence or habit upon your posts. For whatever effect, I pray it is for your good. -Lon

Paul is the apostle of the gentiles and not one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes.
While Matthias was chosen by the Apostles, I've no knowledge of evidence that the Lord Jesus Christ made this choice. We do have, however, more than evidence, but clear declaration that the Lord Jesus Christ chose Paul. A strong disagreement? I don't think so, unless there is a genuine need in MAD theology that it must be so. Otherwise, I'm not really seeing it, just an assumption: mine also. For me, at this venture, the latter seems to fit with what I've read but I don't see long-lasting consequences, nor, if you were to change my opinion tomorrow, that it'd make much difference (certainly some, as it comes from our respective theological assumptions and is driven by them alternately).

To believe that there is only one "good news" in the Bible is silly.

You're welcome.
Today, we'd want to make sure we are on the same page, however. As with the very first quote above, the reason I talked about Jews needing Jesus today, is because we agree on something specific about 'the good news' whatever we mean by that. This gospel, which was preached by Paul, is the same gospel that Jews need today, for example, discussion, and thread interest. This cannot be obscured or the whole of the thread is lost. Whatever is different, embracing and heralding what today is necessarily the same, is incredibly important. Without it? No believer (or very few) could be converted to MAD because they'd see it as anti-Christ, anti-gospel, anti-saving work, if you catch what I'm saying (that it is important and that a misunderstanding does indeed bring such assessment and accusation - and some of it, because of lack of clarity). Thank you again. -Lon

Lon

How do you know that Theophilus is not a Jew? Many Jews, depending on where they lived, had both Hebrew and Roman names. Paul was one of those (Saul was also called Paul [Acts 13:9]).

Some claim that Luke was also a gentile, but that does not make much sense. The Bible says that God gave Israel the oracles of God.
It is a fair point. Tradition gives him as a gentile, and certainly the emphasis upon the gentile church in Acts drives the assumption but you are correct that he could have been Jewish as well as Luke.

I believe that all of scripture was given to and through the Jews.
Ruth was a convert, but you are correct, and even if Luke were a gentile, certainly his every association with Christianity was with Jewish Christian leaders.

Thank you again for discussion. -Lon

Right Divider

Body part
Rather, I think it is absolutely necessary to discuss it, lest another think that. :up:
You've been here long enough to know better.

I've heard sermons about hellfire, and sermons about paradise, and it seems both have their respective places for turning people to the Savior. In this case, they'd been through what you and I had not seen (well, until depictions from Mel Gibson etc.).
That's quite a dodge Lon. So you agree that Peter was not "preaching the cross" in Acts 1-8?

There is not a single verse in Act 1-8 where Peter preaches the cross as good news.

What were the qualifications as far as you understand them?
They are in the scripture that I quoted:
Act 1:20-23 KJV For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. (21) Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

Well, they drew lots, but they chose these men as those who had been with them. There were many qualified disciples, but apostleship was of a more intimate nature, His inner circle. Even at that, only 3 went with Him to the Transfiguration, etc.
The qualification mentioned in Acts 1 is that they had to be with Christ for His entire ministry from the baptism of John until His ascension (all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us).

This is important: On top of that, Paul was not called until YEARS later. They needed to be twelve immediately so that they could judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

I 'think' you should be asking instead of telling at this point. While I'd assert there is no information given regarding Matthias after his choosing, it really doesn't matter. It is rather whether 'even the slightest hint' can be true or is demonstrably false out of the gate as overstated. I realize this is a bit confrontative, but there is a goodly purpose to it: to caution overstatements in theology that any man may call into question. These tend to lead to full rejections, the more they are used because, and specifically: they are exaggerations, and empty (by necessity) assertions. You nor I will convince a soul based on such. It is done around you by others, and I caution that it is not a good influence or habit upon your posts. For whatever effect, I pray it is for your good. -Lon

While Matthias was chosen by the Apostles, I've no knowledge of evidence that the Lord Jesus Christ made this choice.
The Bible says that he (Matthias) was "numbered with the eleven apostles". I'm not sure how much more we need to see that they made an acceptable choice. As I mentioned, per their ministry they needed to be twelve and Paul was not qualified or chosen for that job. There is no hint in scripture that this choice was anything but correct.

We do have, however, more than evidence, but clear declaration that the Lord Jesus Christ chose Paul. A strong disagreement? I don't think so, unless there is a genuine need in MAD theology that it must be so. Otherwise, I'm not really seeing it, just an assumption: mine also. For me, at this venture, the latter seems to fit with what I've read but I don't see long-lasting consequences, nor, if you were to change my opinion tomorrow, that it'd make much difference (certainly some, as it comes from our respective theological assumptions and is driven by them alternately).
Paul was chosen for a different purpose. That is clear. This is why Paul's ministry was kept separate from the twelve. By God and by agreement with the twelve when Paul went, by revelation, so explain his gospel to them (Gal 2).

Today, we'd want to make sure we are on the same page, however. As with the very first quote above, the reason I talked about Jews needing Jesus today, is because we agree on something specific about 'the good news' whatever we mean by that. This gospel, which was preached by Paul, is the same gospel that Jews need today, for example, discussion, and thread interest. This cannot be obscured or the whole of the thread is lost. Whatever is different, embracing and heralding what today is necessarily the same, is incredibly important. Without it? No believer (or very few) could be converted to MAD because they'd see it as anti-Christ, anti-gospel, anti-saving work, if you catch what I'm saying (that it is important and that a misunderstanding does indeed bring such assessment and accusation - and some of it, because of lack of clarity). Thank you again. -Lon
MAD is all about rightly dividing the Word of Truth. If someone is preaching the gospel of the kingdom today, they are wrong. The gospel of the grace of God is what God is doing today. Someday, God will remove the body of Christ via the catching away and He will resume His dealing with Israel and the earthly kingdom.

Right Divider

Body part
It is a fair point. Tradition gives him as a gentile, and certainly the emphasis upon the gentile church in Acts drives the assumption but you are correct that he could have been Jewish as well as Luke.
I completely disagree with your generalization that "certainly the emphasis upon the gentile church in Acts". Acts is all about Israel and their fall.

The first 8 chapters of Acts is completely a continuation of God working with and on Israel.

Ruth was a convert, but you are correct, and even if Luke were a gentile, certainly his every association with Christianity was with Jewish Christian leaders.
Totally false. The Jewish leaders were called Jews (or Israeltie's). The first ones called Christians were not in Israel at all, they were in Antioch in Sryia.

Act 11:26 KJV And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Thank you again for discussion. -Lon
Same to you -RD.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is important: On top of that, Paul was not called until YEARS later. They needed to be twelve immediately so that they could judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

One minor point: Paul's conversion is only about 1 year after Christ's resurrection/ascension.

Which ties in to what Jesus said in the Parable of the Barren Fig Tree:

He also spoke this parable: [JESUS]“A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’ ”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:6-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

The man in this parable is Jesus. The fig tree is Israel. The three years were the three years are the amount of time Jesus spent ministering to Israel. The keeper is the Holy Spirit. Jesus wanted to cut off Israel at the end of His earthly ministry because she bore no fruit from Him ministering to her. But the Holy Spirit said wait one more year, while He tends to it. And that's pretty much exactly what happened. The Holy Spirit came upon the Twelve, and through them ministered more to Israel, but a year later, Stephen was martyred by the very people the HS was ministering to, and so God decided at that point to cut Israel off, and graft in the gentiles, and He did so when He confronted Paul on the road to Damascus, which was likely less than a few hours after Stephen was killed.

I do want to clarify, though, that Paul didn't get the big picture right away, but only as time went on.

God's Truth

One minor point: Paul's conversion is only about 1 year after Christ's resurrection/ascension.

Which ties in to what Jesus said in the Parable of the Barren Fig Tree:

He also spoke this parable: [JESUS]“A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’ ”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:6-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

The man in this parable is Jesus. The fig tree is Israel. The three years were the three years are the amount of time Jesus spent ministering to Israel. The keeper is the Holy Spirit. Jesus wanted to cut off Israel at the end of His earthly ministry because she bore no fruit from Him ministering to her. But the Holy Spirit said wait one more year, while He tends to it. And that's pretty much exactly what happened. The Holy Spirit came upon the Twelve, and through them ministered more to Israel, but a year later, Stephen was martyred by the very people the HS was ministering to, and so God decided at that point to cut Israel off, and graft in the gentiles, and He did so when He confronted Paul on the road to Damascus, which was likely less than a few hours after Stephen was killed.

I do want to clarify, though, that Paul didn't get the big picture right away, but only as time went on.

Oh my goodness. You said God just decided to do something different? No such thing, because the plan for salvation was made before the creation of the world.

1 Corinthians 2:6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began

1 Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Right Divider

Body part
You are correct. I really should have said much later and not YEARS... MONTHS.

But the main point that I was trying to make by that is that Paul was not qualified and not called until it was "too late". The twelve needed to be twelve immediately so that the twelve could minister to Israel per their prophetic program.

Another interesting thing to note in is that there is no scriptural record of James the brother of John being replaced in Acts 12. To me this also denotes a signification change in the way God was working after Paul was called and after Israel had rejected Christ. This appears to be an end to "apostolic succession".

Right Divider

Body part
Oh my goodness. You said God just decided to do something different? No such thing, because the plan for salvation was made before the creation of the world.

1 Corinthians 2:6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began

Your tunnel vision is one of your many problems.

God's Truth

That's quite a dodge Lon. So you agree that Peter was not "preaching the cross" in Acts 1-8?

There is not a single verse in Act 1-8 where Peter preaches the cross as good news.

The cross is about forgiveness of sins. What do you mean Peter didn't preach that?

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Right Divider

Body part
The cross is about forgiveness of sins. What do you mean Peter didn't preach that?

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

1st and 2nd Peter are NOT Acts 1-8. You never pay ANY attention to what others say.

God's Truth

1st and 2nd Peter are NOT Acts 1-8. You never pay ANY attention to what others say.

Acts is a record according to what Luke wrote

How do you get you can throw in it somewhere that Peter taught something different?

Whenever I post something from Peter, you ask me if I am a Jew.

Hahahahaha Now you see that Peter taught the cross and now you ask if it is in Acts.

Here is some more of PETER preaching the blood of Christ:

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh my goodness.

:yawn:

Not me. I'm just quoting scripture, what God said.

God just decided

No, He didn't "just decide that."

That's what He had been telling Israel all along. Go read Jeremiah 18, where God said that if He speaks concerning a nation, to build and plant it, but they rebel against Him, God will not do that which He said He would do.

Israel was told by God that they would be built up into a nation ruled by her King, Jesus Christ. But they rebelled, and killed their Messiah and his servants, and so God cut them off and grafted in the Gentiles.

to do something different?

Here it is again, because you missed it the first time.

He also spoke this parable: [JESUS]“A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’ ”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:6-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...p;version=NKJV

Jesus specifically said that If Israel did not bear fruit, that she would be cut off after a year.

Israel didn't bear fruit, and after a year, God cut them off and grafted in the Gentiles with Paul being their Apostle.

No such thing, because the plan for salvation was made before the creation of the world.

How about you address what I actually said, rather than what you wish or think I had said.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts is a record according to what Luke wrote
:duh:

How do you get you can throw in it somewhere that Peter taught something different?

Whenever I post something from Peter, you ask me if I am a Jew.

Hahahahaha Now you see that Peter taught the cross and now you ask if it is in Acts.
You are not paying the slightest bit of attention to what I said.

Here is some more of PETER preaching the blood of Christ:

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
No kidding...

You are quite seriously retarded. I can longer try to dialog with a complete moron.

Lon

Not sure why this is going on. There is no poor intent in the questions. No dodges. Just discussion. There is absolutely no confrontation in my posts other than the ones mentions for the purpose of fleshing out MAD AND the divergence with other systematic theologies. I do debate rigorously with Open Theism, not with MAD. Here discussion suffices. There is no dodge, no 'know better.'

Again, hellfire sermons save people. So does John 3:16. As far as the two, yes, I agree there are certain, absolutely differences. All I'm attempting is to see both where there are differences, and where anything is the same. Why? As I already stated, today, there is one gospel that saves. There is no disagreement, just discussion for what is being said to be meaningful. You may never get through to someone like GT BUT you guys did and do give me a lot to think about. Sometimes, like here, I'm not against you, I'm for your discussion and even when disagreeing, still appreciate how MAD has been a great sounding board for my own scriptural understanding. Most of us never pay this much attention to differences. It has been great for my scriptural understanding, whether I agree with you guys or not. That alone is worth the discussion. I certainly would like others to participate in MAD discussions, with questions, rather than an immediate knee-jerk. With both MAD and Open Theism tied together, these discussions also flesh out why the two are hand-in-hand on TOL.

They are in the scripture that I quoted:
Thanks. One point of probable disagreement: Paul WAS an Apostle. What binds them? They were all given instruction directly by the Lord Jesus Christ, 12 while with Him and after His resurrection, Paul after His resurrection. They were all 12 hand-chosen by the Lord Jesus Christ.

The qualification mentioned in Acts 1 is that they had to be with Christ for His entire ministry from the baptism of John until His ascension (all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us).

The Bible says that he (Matthias) was "numbered with the eleven apostles". I'm not sure how much more we need to see that they made an acceptable choice. As I mentioned, per their ministry they needed to be twelve and Paul was not qualified or chosen for that job. There is no hint in scripture that this choice was anything but correct.

Paul was chosen for a different purpose. That is clear. This is why Paul's ministry was kept separate from the twelve. By God and by agreement with the twelve when Paul went, by revelation, so explain his gospel to them (Gal 2).

MAD is all about rightly dividing the Word of Truth. If someone is preaching the gospel of the kingdom today, they are wrong. The gospel of the grace of God is what God is doing today. Someday, God will remove the body of Christ via the catching away and He will resume His dealing with Israel and the earthly kingdom.
Thank you again.