Personal Freedom vs. Public Welfare

expos4ever

Sometimes lunacy needs to be addressed and mocked though...

;)
I agree. Back in the day, wackiness was kept in check by the deterrence of public humiliation. Now, the internet acts as a kind of wild west where things like rank stupidity and ugly racism have a home; addlepated hillbillies of like mind can pull on their red ball caps, grab a large mug of Mountain Dew and a couple of deep-fried Twinkies, and sit at their keyboards and backslap each other. The fatuity is thereby allowed to grow like a pernicious virus in a petri dish.

In short, there is actually a serious case to be made for good-old fashioned jeering and taunting - these arguably have their place in keeping to the idiocy down to, at most, a slow burn.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You admitted to driving while drunk near the start. Regardless, this is OCD whackery and then some.

Whether he actually did it or not is neither here nor there because we have no way of knowing aside from his own word, which is worth nothing. What's as bad if not worse is that he argued in defense of doing it, and tried to justify said behavior. Looks like he's decided to walk all of that back now that those on his side of the fence have pushed back on him.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Statistically speaking it does

And Chair's post, to which I was responding, dealt specifically with statistical risk and harm

Statistically speaking....crime went down after Roe v Wade.

Using your criteria....this was a just SC ruling. Correct?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You admitted to driving while drunk ...

I "admitted to" all sorts of things, pea-brain :chuckle:

Marching into the Sudetenland and occupying Czechoslovakia was one of my favorites :)

Though I was disappointed that nobody was interested in discussing Zaolzie :(

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You admitted to driving while drunk near the start. Regardless, this is OCD whackery and then some.

:dizzy:

His efforts weren't getting enough attention so he was pathologically compelled to list them. And it worked, he got the attention he craves. It's a no-win situation, really. Anyone who responds to him feeds the troll, yet silence in the face of his lies and manipulation seems like capitulation to me. It's a conundrum.

ok doser

His efforts weren't getting enough attention so he was pathologically compelled to list them. And it worked, he got the attention he craves. It's a no-win situation, really. Anyone who responds to him feeds the troll, yet silence in the face of his lies and manipulation seems like capitulation to me. It's a conundrum.

You could go away.

It was really nice here when all you trolls were gone.

Go find another site to troll. How about PJ's?

I was enjoying having a meaningful conversation with Chair

ok doser

I'm serious anna - what made you think you'd be welcomed back? What made you think that you guys should be here trolling?

Just go away

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
It’s not lunacy but rather trolling for the sake of trolling. The only reason to argue in favor of driving drunk is to argue for the sake of arguing with those of us who are their moral superiors ...

The only "reason" to say that ok doser has been arguing in favor of driving drunk is to deliberately misrepresent what ok doser has written.

But, you're not saying that ok doser has been arguing in favor of driving drunk, right? No, of course you're not; because, for you to say that would be for you to be a manifest liar--a lying "moral superior".

7djengo7

Arthur Brain has never answered--nor even tried to answer--the question I've been asking him--Why should getting oneself drunk not be criminalized?

Also, neither has chair , User Name , quip, annabenedetti, Rusha, nor anybody else, answered the question.

See, when your reaction to that question is to, over and over (as Arthritis Pain has been doing), say things what amount to no more than "Getting oneself drunk should not be criminalized!", and "Getting oneself drunk should not be criminalized because it should not be criminalized!", and "Getting oneself drunk should not be criminalized because it is not criminalized!", you're not answering, nor trying to answer, the question; rather, what you are doing, therein, is stonewalling against the question.

7djengo7

Seriously, 7deranged7, how has this not answered your question?

The question I asked you was "WHY should getting oneself drunk not be criminalized?"

Seriously, Arthritis Pain, how has saying what you said--"If you want to get drunk then that's within your rights. So long as you're not putting anyone else in harms way then you can drink what you want"--answered my question? That's right: it has not answered my question.

ok doser

... to deliberately misrepresent what ok doser has written.

That's Rusha's go to when she's not pretending to have me on ignore.

That's artie's go to when he's not pretending to have me on ignore.

It's why I usually do little more than ridicule them.