People you were proud to vote for

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In a thread someone made a comment about someone else voting for Clinton (Hillary) and being proud of it. It got me thinking.

I voted for Clinton over Trump but I wouldn't say I was proud of it. If she wasn't going against Trump I probably would have voted for Gary Johnson again.

I'm not sure I can think of anyone I've been proud to vote for. Ron Paul is probably the closest. I was genuinely excited about him even though I knew he had no shot. And that excitement wasn't even because I supported everything about Paul but I liked some of what he stood for and I liked going for someone out of the two-party establishment. I know he ran as a Republican in at least one primary season but he isn't really a standard R and he didn't make it but I voted for him in the general anyway.

Gary Johnson might be another possibility for similar reasons.

So.....who have you been PROUD to vote for and why?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In a thread someone made a comment about someone else voting for Clinton (Hillary) and being proud of it. It got me thinking.

I voted for Clinton over Trump but I wouldn't say I was proud of it. If she wasn't going against Trump I probably would have voted for Gary Johnson again.

I'm not sure I can think of anyone I've been proud to vote for. Ron Paul is probably the closest. I was genuinely excited about him even though I knew he had no shot. And that excitement wasn't even because I supported everything about Paul but I liked some of what he stood for and I liked going for someone out of the two-party establishment. I know he ran as a Republican in at least one primary season but he isn't really a standard R and he didn't make it but I voted for him in the general anyway.

Mike Huckabee who i wrote in, because I believe he stands for Godly values and I agree with his fair tax plan..

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Gary Johnson Ron Paul? We have more in common than either of us knew before. I am more of a fiscal conservative than traditional conservative, yet used to be more conservative than I am today.

I do not know if age changed me, or what?

I liked Rand Paul and would have voted for him.

I did not like Hillary Clinton, or Bernie sanders and I mocked Donald trump as a clown from the beginning; actually I did not vote for either. I knew my state would go Trump, however, I thought Clinton would win.:plain:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I was proud I suppose to vote for Perot and I would have voted for Paul but thought my vote would be wasted. I'm proud to vote period, many people can't or it's a fake election.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In 68 I liked Nixon and then who knew there would be a Watergate? I would have never voted for a radical like George McGovern!

Proud in 68 and a bit ashamed in 74:mmph:

I was proud to vote for Ronald Reagan. Bush sr too.

Did not like Bill Clinton, but I thought he did well in his second term, although I voted for Bob Dole.

George Bush too in 2000, but after 9-11 I was disappointed.:sigh:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Obama, twice. Best President of my lifetime, and so far, the last.

I didn't vote for him in either election. In 2008 I was still a Republican, by 2012 I'd left the GOP and registered as unaffiliated, but I hadn't ever voted for a Democrat and wasn't to that point yet. In 2016 I voted Democrat for the first time. Considering what Trump and the GOP are doing to this country, there's no going back for me unless some sort of miracle moderate showed up at some point down the road, but we're so polarized now it's hard to see how that would be possible. I wish now I'd made that vote for Obama in 2012.

rexlunae

I didn't vote for him in either election. In 2008 I was still a Republican, by 2012 I'd left the GOP and registered as unaffiliated, but I hadn't ever voted for a Democrat and wasn't to that point yet. In 2016 I voted Democrat for the first time. Considering what Trump and the GOP are doing to this country, there's no going back for me unless some sort of miracle moderate showed up at some point down the road, but we're so polarized now it's hard to see how that would be possible. I wish now I'd made that vote for Obama in 2012.

I wish I'd voted for Al Gore in 2000. Now. That vote for Harry Browne was a total waste. But it would be a few more years before I started my own shift.

I only registered as a Democrat this year.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I wish I'd voted for Al Gore in 2000. Now.

OMG, that brings back memories. Remember this?

AR-150409847.jpg

One of those times that a lot of people who followed politics were mesmerized by the news cycle.

That vote for Harry Browne was a total waste. But it would be a few more years before I started my own shift.

I only registered as a Democrat this year.

Interesting how we come to change the way we look at things, isn't it?

I'm still unaffiliated. I kinda like not being attached to any political party at the moment.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Gary Johnson Ron Paul? We have more in common than either of us knew before. I am more of a fiscal conservative than traditional conservative, yet used to be more conservative than I am today.
:chuckle: Maybe. But as I said, I didn't vote for Ron Paul because I loved all his policies.

I liked Rand Paul and would have voted for him.
I didn't like Rand as much as his father. I would consider voting for him in certain scenarios but I wouldn't write his name in like I did for Ron.

I did not like Hillary Clinton, or Bernie sanders and I mocked Donald trump as a clown from the beginning; actually I did not vote for either. I knew my state would go Trump,
There wasn't much to like about that election season.

however, I thought Clinton would win.:plain:
I think a lot of people did. :plain:

I

kmoney

Hall of Fame
OMG, that brings back memories. Remember this?

AR-150409847.jpg

One of those times that a lot of people who followed politics were mesmerized by the news cycle.

Interesting how we come to change the way we look at things, isn't it?

I'm still unaffiliated. I kinda like not being attached to any political party at the moment.

Hanging chads! :shocked:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I was proud I suppose to vote for Perot and I would have voted for Paul but thought my vote would be wasted. I'm proud to vote period, many people can't or it's a fake election.
Did you vote for Perot thinking he could really win it?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
We don't have anybody special like David Brat or Rand Paul. I am proud I voted for Ron Paul in a caucus. Our congressmen are so boring.