Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus (film)

Elia

More slander. I am not an atheist.

Bs"d

In that case the question becomes even more pertinent: "Why do you keep on denying the facts? What's in it for you?

Why do you defend six non-existing "ghost centuries"?

What are you trying to defend??

You are wrong on the facts.

And your proof is where?

Do you need a perfect authoritative system to make yourself feel comfortable? Anything that is not perfectly neat bothers you?

Whether I need it or not, the Bible has proven itself to be a perfect and authoritative system.

And the generally accepted time-line of Egypt is proven wrong, amongst others by Velikovsky.

Loud en clear. No debate possible about it. Just read "Ages in Chaos".

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of Y-H-W-H is proven;"
Psalm 18:30

Elia

No. He just learned what reality is.

Bs"d

An Egyptian time-line, based on a bunch of assumptions, is not reality, but wishful thinking.

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of Y-H-W-H is proven;"
Psalm 18:30

chair

Bs"d Just read "Ages in Chaos".

I have.

I thought the way you do when I was 16. Half a century has gone by, and, despite me need for eyeglasses, I see the world more clearly than I once did.

I think I've wasted enough of your time and mine here.

On another topic: Do you think that the entire Oral law was given to Moses?

Elia

I have.

I thought the way you do when I was 16. Half a century has gone by, and, despite me need for eyeglasses, I see the world more clearly than I once did.

I think I've wasted enough of your time and mine here.

On another topic: Do you think that the entire Oral law was given to Moses?

Bs"d

Not so fast. You forgot to answer my question:

In that case the question becomes even more pertinent: "Why do you keep on denying the facts? What's in it for you?

chair

Bs"d

Not so fast. You forgot to answer my question:

I am defending truth and straight thinking.

chair

Bs"d

Why do you think that six ghost-centuries of which absolutely nothing can be found is the truth and straight thinking?

Have you read anything at all that doesn't agree with your thinking? Ever?
and no- I am not going to investigate this in further detail. I already spent too much time on this. If you want to feel that you had a victory- go ahead. Because you won. Your bull-headedness is so powerful that poor mortals like me have to chance on driving any sense into your head.

Elia

Have you read anything at all that doesn't agree with your thinking? Ever?

Bs"d

Well, considering the fact that I'm bombarded all day by the secular leftish atheistic media with the most idiotic information, from science trying to tell me that a frog turned into a prince, and that a dino carcass with in it elastic tendons and supple blood-vessels which in them haemoglobin, that that is 80 million years old, I would have to say: Yes.

and no- I am not going to investigate this in further detail. I already spent too much time on this.

So you are running away. Well, have a nice life.

If you want to feel that you had a victory- go ahead.

Thank you. When I can spare some time, I'll be wallowing in my victory rush.

Because you won. Your bull-headedness is so powerful that poor mortals like me have to chance on driving any sense into your head.

Just asking some simple questions about the facts. Nothing but the facts.

"Thine, O Y-H-W-H, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty; for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Y-H-W-H, and thou art exalted as head above all."

1 Chronicles 29:11

Last edited:

beameup

Bs"d

They are both worth watching. Start with "The Exodus Decoded", and then see "The Pattern of Evidence".

I have seen both. I have a bit of a problem with Exodus Decoded, as I see the Hyksos as SEMITIC people, but not the same as the HEBREWS. The Hyksos were indeed overthrown by "Upper Egypt", which once again, unified Upper and Lower Egypt under Egyptian control.
The HEBREW Semitic peoples were then enslaved by the TRUE Egyptians who had regained control of Egypt. No doubt that the Hyksos escaped by ships across the Mediterranean.
But when the Hebrews left with Moses, they crossed the Gulf of Aqaba (Yam Suph, also called the "red sea" in ancient times). There is clear evidence of the crossing site, as Solomon left pillars on each side as memorials, and there are other Egyptian artifacts found there. That course would have lead directly back to Midian, where Moses had lived for 40 years.

PS: The Hyksos most likely invaded Egypt from the area of Assyria, since there was a long history of warfare between the Egyptians and Mesopotamian Semites.

Last edited:

Danoh

Joshua 4:9 And Joshua set up twelve stones in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood: and they are there unto this day.

MANY centuries later...

Matthew 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

beameup

Exodus Revealed: Search for the Red Sea Crossing -- underwater archeology conducted in 2000 A.D. in Gulf of Aquaba (between Sinai Peninsula and Saudi Arabia)