Passing Along a Little Bit of Biblical Understanding

iamaberean

In my search of scripture, the six days of creation were definitely longer than 24 hours, probably more than a thousand in each.

It is not a salvation issue, it is just information based upon God's word.

6days

In my search of scripture, the six days of creation were definitely longer than 24 hours, probably more than a thousand in each.
"Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1-11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience.".James Barr, Professor of Hebrew Bible at Vanderbilt University, former Regius Professor of Hebrew at Oxford
It IS a salvation issue for many. They are taught by parents and others that they don't need to believe what Genesis clearly states. They then have the freedom to reject other parts of God's Word. EX... why believe in virgin birth, the resurrection, the flood etc.

But most importantly, when you reject what Moses clearly wrote, you destroy the foundation to the Gospel. You didn't answer the question..... If pain, suffering and death existed before first Adam sinned, then what was the purpose of Last Adam going to the cross?

Jesus "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me".... "Haven't you read that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female" (Jesus was quoting from Genesis 1 and 2)

iamaberean

It IS a salvation issue for many. They are taught by parents and others that they don't need to believe what Genesis clearly states. They then have the freedom to reject other parts of God's Word. EX... why believe in virgin birth, the resurrection, the flood etc.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

How can you say all of this happened in 24 hours?

How can you say Adam and Eve ate an apple?

How can you say Eve was made from the dust?

I will add more to these things that are taught as truth without scripture.

6days

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
How can you say all of this happened in 24 hours?
Easy! God says He created everything in six days...I believe it.

Same as I believe the virgin birth, the resurrection, the flood that covered the highest mountains, Lot's wife turning to salt...ETC ETC.
How can you say Adam and Eve ate an apple?
How can you say Eve was made from the dust?
You should read what God's Word really says, instead of fabricating.

This is the question you keep avoiding... " You are rejecting what God's Word clearly teaches about the purpose of Christ's physical death. If God used death as part of the creation process, then why did Last Adam go to the cross?"

iamaberean

FYI

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. This language is a dead language, that is to say what it said then is what it means today.

In the above scripture God created man

bârâ' (Hebrew)
baw-raw'
A primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes): - choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

In the above scripture LORD God formed

LORD in Hebrew ehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.
formed in Hebrew yaw-tsar'
probably identical with H3334 (through the squeezing into shape); (compare H3331); to mould into a form; especially as a potter; figuratively to determine (that is, form a resolution): - X earthen, fashion, form, frame, make (-r), potter, purpose.

In order to properly understand the Word one must ask themself “Why are different words used?”

‘Created’ is used in Gen 1 because there was never a man before God created him.

‘Formed’ in Gen 2 is used for a different reason, because this was the first man called Adam and LORD God gave him the 'breath of life'.

way 2 go

so where is your evidence that the earth took 1000 years to rotate once ?

God gave us the "qualifier" of evening and morning in Genesis chapter 1

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

the earth rotates which is how we get evening and morning

1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

so we are able to surmise the length of the day in Gen 1:5 is 1 rotation of the earth

6days

iamaberean said:
FYI
In order to properly understand the Word one must ask themself “Why are different words used?”
That is good advice, but it's an approach to understanding scripture that you reject. For example there are hundreds of times in the OT, that a number is associated with the word day, (ex: 40 days)and it ALWAYS refers to a normal day. Why do you reject context and meaning of words, to impose your secular beliefs into Genesis?

iamaberean said:
‘Created’ is used in Gen 1 because ...

‘Formed’ in Gen 2 is used for a different reason...

Oh my goodness..... that is one of the lamest arguments that theistic evolutionists use. Did you know that the words 'created' (bara)and 'made or formed' (asah) are used interchangeably throughout the Old Testament? For example you can find verses where God created the angels and verses where God made the angels other examples and references are readily available but I would imagine you are not interested in anything that contradicts your belief system.

This is the question you keep avoiding... " You are rejecting what God's Word clearly teaches about the purpose of Christ's physical death. If God used death as part of the creation process, then why did Last Adam go to the cross?"

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There may or may not have been other brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews at the time. There certainly would have been many thousands of people within Cains lifetime.

I'm purdy shore Seth was not born before Cain killed Abel.

25Adam had relations with his wife again; and she gave birth to a son, and named him Seth, for, she said, "God has appointed me another offspring in place of Abel, for Cain killed him."

Truster

so where is your evidence that the earth took 1000 years to rotate once ?

God gave us the "qualifier" of evening and morning in Genesis chapter 1

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

the earth rotates which is how we get evening and morning

so we are able to surmise the length of the day in Gen 1:5 is 1 rotation of the earth

Hahahaha, unless the earth is flat of course...hahahaaaa.

iamaberean

Caution: The following is not the children version, but it is the WORD of GOD!
serpent: The Samaritan copy, instead of nachash, "a serpent," reads cachash, "a liar or deceiver,"

The serpent is the “Deceiver”, better known as the Devil.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled (seduced) me, and I did eat.
nâshâ'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed (children) and her seed (children); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
You Are of Your Father the Devil
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil (the deceiver thru Cain), and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel (Cain slew Abel, Cain was of his father the Devil) unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

way 2 go

Caution: The following is not the children version, but it is the WORD of GOD!
serpent: The Samaritan copy, instead of nachash, "a serpent," reads cachash, "a liar or deceiver,"

The serpent is the “Deceiver”, better known as the Devil.

oh-really-now.gif

God gave us the "qualifier" of evening and morning

iamaberean

Translation of Cush in the Bible,

Num 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian (Cush in Hebrew) woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Not a big mistake, but not as clear as saying “the Cush woman whom he had married”.

Cush was translated as Ethiopian when the appropiate meaning would be a descendant of Cush, who was a distant relative of Moses.

Gen 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

The bible is filled with this type of translation.

iamaberean

FORTY YEARS = 1 GENERATION

Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Num 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

KINGDOM OF GOD WOULD COME IN THE DISCIPLES GENERATION

Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

HEAVEN AND EARTH IS THE TEMPLE
Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD CAME IN 70 AD, FORTY YEARS AFTER JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND THAT WAS WHEN THE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM (HEAVEN AND EARTH) WAS DESTROYED.

Truster

THE KINGDOM OF GOD CAME IN 70 AD, FORTY YEARS AFTER JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND THAT WAS WHEN THE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM (HEAVEN AND EARTH) WAS DESTROYED.

Nonsense.

The keys to the Kingdom were given to Peter and Peter opened the Way into the Kingdom for the Hebrews at Pentecost and for the Gentiles with Cornelius.
The Apostles had a conversation about this and sent instructions to the Gentiles. All before the destruction of the temple.

This is the truth and you will either accept it or oppose it. Either way Elohim will be glorified.

Danoh

FORTY YEARS = 1 GENERATION

Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Num 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

KINGDOM OF GOD WOULD COME IN THE DISCIPLES GENERATION

Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

HEAVEN AND EARTH IS THE TEMPLE
Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Then YOUR god's math was off by about four and a half years or so.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Luke 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

Luke 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Rom. 5:6-8 towards ya.

iamaberean

Then YOUR god's math was off by about four and a half years or so.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Luke 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

Luke 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Rom. 5:6-8 towards ya.

Better for me to have said "Within 40 years". Thanks for your help!

Danoh

Better for me to have said "Within 40 years". Thanks for your help!

:thumb:

Though I still disagree with your assertion, I do like how you handled what could have been allowed by you to be the bitter taste of my rebuttal - would that more were so easily able to turn "by faith" the potential lemon that having a thing pointed out to them can be, if allowed, into a nice, cool, summer drink of lemonade, instead.

Okay, so you have the "more noble" "Bereans" part down - how's about gettin with the rest of Acts 17:11 - in this case, Romans 11's The Mystery's having temporarily, interrupted the playing out of Matthew 24's "this generation."

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom. 14:5 towards ya; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

iamaberean

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The twele apostles were sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, not to the
gentiles.

The lost sheep of Israel were lost spiritually but not physically. The apostles knew where they were at.

The house of Israel house refers to Northern Israel and those tribes were captured during a war in 700 bc era and taken to Assyria. Later on they migrated to Europe and then to England.

http://www.biblestudy.org/maps/where-lost-ten-tribes-israel-went-after-captivity-map.html

Jas 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Paul was the only one sent to the Gentiles.