Passing Along a Little Bit of Biblical Understanding

iamaberean

Why is it sometimes so hard to understand God’s word. Let us just look at two Hebrew words that are understood differently by people and how we can be assured as to the true meaning.

‘Thousand’ in Hebrew is

‘'eleph
eh'-lef
Properly the same as H504; hence (an ox’s head being the first letter of the alphabet, and this eventually used as a numeral) a thousand: - thousand.
Most of the time when thousand is used it means one thousand unless it is qualified by a specific number.
Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
In this case we know that our Lord owns every beast of the forest and every cattle upon all the hills, not just one thousand hills.

So unless a qualifier is used we don’t really know the exact number.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Sometimes a ‘day’ is not twenty-four hours but thousands. We know here it is one thousand because we have a qualifier in the fact that Adam died at the age of 930 years.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
In the above there can be controversy unless there is a qualifier as to an actual amount. Some times we just don’t know.
A day could be 24 hours or thousands of years. God could have created the heavens and earth in 24 hour days or thousands of years, we can only surmise.

Another Hebrew word that needs a qualifier is:
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty
Eloheem, in Hebrew is plural and could apply to other spirits known as angels. To be singler we again need a qualifier. Otherwise we must assume singular or plural on out own.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
We have assume in this scripture it is speaking of the one supreme God.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
This time it appears that one God said to the other Gods that they should make man in their image.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Again there is no qualifier.

The way to be sure that the bible is speaking as one God is when his name precedes Elohim.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
When Moses wrote the word of God would qualify the God he was writing about with the name of his God. His name is Jehovah but because he would not write his Holy name he would substitute the word ‘LORD’.
This is the qualifier and you can be sure it is speaking of the One and only God of Israel.

I listened to a Theologian one time say “My wife, who is Jew, said there are many Gods but only one Jehovah God”

I pray that this info will help some.

way 2 go

Why is it sometimes so hard to understand God’s word. Let us just look at two Hebrew words that are understood differently by people and how we can be assured as to the true meaning.

‘Thousand’ in Hebrew is

‘'eleph
eh'-lef
Properly the same as H504; hence (an ox’s head being the first letter of the alphabet, and this eventually used as a numeral) a thousand: - thousand.
Most of the time when thousand is used it means one thousand unless it is qualified by a specific number.
Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
In this case we know that our Lord owns every beast of the forest and every cattle upon all the hills, not just one thousand hills.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Sometimes a ‘day’ is not twenty-four hours but thousands. We know here it is one thousand because we have a qualifier in the fact that Adam died at the age of 930 years.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
In the above there can be controversy unless there is a qualifier as to an actual amount. Some times we just don’t know.
A day could be 24 hours or thousands of years. God could have created the heavens and earth in 24 hour days or thousands of years, we can only surmise.

well lets see if you are helpful or not .

God gave us the "qualifier" of evening and morning in Genesis chapter 1

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

the earth rotates which is how we get evening and morning

1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

so we are able to surmise the length of the day in Gen 1:5 is 1 rotation of the earth

Bradley D

A thousand seems to indicate a long period of time or things. Just as a trillion does in our world today. When used in a time sense it indicates that time for God is infinite. Whereas time for us is finite. Some people where/are looking for the end times. I believe even Paul expected the end time to come during his life time. But Peter used Isaiah's prophecy of a thousand years just being one day to God to explain no one knows the time. To live each day as if it could be the last.

I read that 'ĕlôhı̂ym could also represent the many attributes of God.

iamaberean

A thousand seems to indicate a long period of time or things. Just as a trillion does in our world today. When used in a time sense it indicates that time for God is infinite. Whereas time for us is finite. Some people where/are looking for the end times. I believe even Paul expected the end time to come during his life time. But Peter used Isaiah's prophecy of a thousand years just being one day to God to explain no one knows the time. To live each day as if it could be the last.

I read that 'ĕlôhı̂ym could also represent the many attributes of God.

Yes, Paul was expecting the endtime to come.

This is another part of the correct interpetation of God’s word.

Audience relevance:

As we read the Bible we must read it with understanding.

1. It was not written to us but is for our information. Part of that information is how to live our life for God but when Paul or Jesus speaks of prophecy it was prophecy given to the children of Israel. So we must accept that Jesus did return in their generation, just as He said he would

2. Paul spoke and wrote many times to the Jews in the area. They would understand properly what he was saying. It is sort of like your Dad writting a letter to you. Other people might read it, but if he said he was coming to see you then that doesn’t mean he was comeing to see whoever reads the letter.

3. As we read the New Testament we also see Jesus, while here on earth, came to his own children. He even told his disciples that some of them would still be alive when he returned.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

way 2 go

Yes, Paul was expecting the endtime to come.

This is another part of the correct interpetation of God’s word.

Audience relevance:

As we read the Bible we must read it with understanding.

1. It was not written to us but is for our information. Part of that information is how to live our life for God but when Paul or Jesus speaks of prophecy it was prophecy given to the children of Israel. So we must accept that Jesus did return in their generation, just as He said he would

no, Jesus has not returned .
2. Paul spoke and wrote many times to the Jews in the area. They would understand properly what he was saying. It is sort of like your Dad writting a letter to you. Other people might read it, but if he said he was coming to see you then that doesn’t mean he was comeing to see whoever reads the letter.
2Ti_3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
3. As we read the New Testament we also see Jesus, while here on earth, came to his own children. He even told his disciples that some of them would still be alive when he returned.

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
no.

Joh 21:23 So the saying spread abroad among the brothers that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?”

iamaberean

no, Jesus has not returned .

2Ti_3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

no.

Joh 21:23 So the saying spread abroad among the brothers that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?”

From the Old Testament it speaks of Messiah coming in judgment. The time frame was given to Daniel and that pointed to the time Jesus came. God told Daniel that he would stand with his people on judgment day.

Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Jesus told his disciples that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies then they would know that all things written (Old Testament prophecies) would be fulfilled.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

When one reads the words of God, one either believes God or they have their faith in man. Jerusalem was destroyed, we know that from history. But we didn’t see the judgment because that was spiritual. The dead would rise, and that means that they did and the last days of Law were over.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

The last days for the evil people here on earth today appears to be explained in the parables of Jesus. He speaks of the tares (evil ones) growing in the field with the wheat (Christians) and and at some point in time the field will be harvested and the wheat will be put in barns (God’s protected place here on earth) and the tares will be burned. The only ones left here on earth will be the Christians. Christians will not be judged, for they have believed. Jesus said:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

iamaberean

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
ergon
er'-gon
From ἔργω ergō (a primary but obsolete word; to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication an act: - deed, doing, labour, work.

Works of Law vs Works of Faith

Proper use of words will help us understand the Word of God. How do we do that?

Hermeneutics says that if there is a misunderstanding of a word, then search the scriptures for answers.
Salvation is received and maintained by being obedient to God's word. So as we read the scriptures below, replace the word works with obedience. I will help by showing that beside each one,

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
There is no doubt that salvation is by grace through faith. We can accept this just as it is written.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works (obedience), is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works (obedience): shew me thy faith without thy works (obedience), and I will shew thee my faith by my works (obedience).
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works (obedience) is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works (obedience), when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Indeed we are saved by grace, but it is by being obedient that it is made perfect. Obedience is the works of those serving Jesus. So again, let us subsitute the word obedience for works.

Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works (obedience), and by works (obedience)was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works (obedience) a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works (obedience), when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works (obedience) is dead also.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Doing the will of our Father requires obedience.

Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Joh 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

2Co 7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works (obedience) meet for repentance.

The above show the works (obedience) of faith.

Other times when law is used in the new testament it will not be used alone but it will state the works of law.
Now let us look at the works of law. Again we will replace works with obedience.

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works (obedience)? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works (obedience)of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works (obedience) of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the
faith of Christ, and not by the works (obedience)of the law: for by the works (obedience) of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works (obedience) of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works (obedience) of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works (obedience) of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The works (obedience) of the law has been done away with, we live under the works (obedience) of faith.

When Jesus states that we must do something, it is not the for our works (obedience) of the law but for our works (obedience) of faith that we do it.

Not every one is going to enter into God's kingdom only those that do his will.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Works alone will not be enough for God to know us.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Who ever 'heareth' these things Jesus says, and 'doeth' them are the wise men.
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Let us build our house on the 'rock', as Jesus says to build it.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
He that 'heardth' these things that Jesus says, and 'does not do them' is a foolish man. If God has said, by way of scripture, to do this or that, then by faith we should do it.
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Can one read the above and think that it is just good works that get us into heaven? No, it is by grace we are saved through faith and by faith we are obedient to God's will.

iamaberean

Mankind

Mankind

God said let us create man in Gen 1, male and female he created in Gen 1. Told them to go and replenish the earth.

LORD God formed the man he called Adam in Gen 2. He looked for a helper from the females that were created in Gen 1. Couldn’t find one, so He took a rid from Adam and formed the woman He called Eve. God put them in a garden that he called Eden.

Two different creations, first those that were told to go and replenish the earth and then the two He made a covenant with. How do we know that? Because LORD God is specifically referred to as Jehovah God in Gen 2.

Why does this make a difference? Because there was two different creations, one group of people that God allowed the angels to input their ideas into mankind. That was in Gen 1. The second creation was of Jehovah God without input from the angels.

This explains all the the different races in the world without trying to use a form of evolution.

Cain knew there were other people in the earth that might harm him when Jehovah God put him out of the garden. It wouldn’t make any sense if they were his brothers and sisters. If also explains how he found someone to marry.

Truster

‘Thousand’ in Hebrew is

‘'eleph
eh'-lef

Another Hebrew word that needs a qualifier is:
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty
Eloheem, in Hebrew is plural and could apply to other spirits known as angels. To be singler we again need a qualifier. Otherwise we must assume singular or plural on out own.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
We have assume in this scripture it is speaking of the one supreme God.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
This time it appears that one God said to the other Gods that they should make man in their image.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Again there is no qualifier.

The way to be sure that the bible is speaking as one God is when his name precedes Elohim.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
When Moses wrote the word of God would qualify the God he was writing about with the name of his God. His name is Jehovah but because he would not write his Holy name he would substitute the word ‘LORD’.
This is the qualifier and you can be sure it is speaking of the One and only God of Israel.

I listened to a Theologian one time say “My wife, who is Jew, said there are many Gods but only one Jehovah God”

Understanding is like the flu. If you don't have it, and in this matter you don't, you can't possibly pass it on. What you have done is, "darkened counsel by words without knowledge?" Job 38:2

iamaberean

Understanding is like the flu. If you don't have it, and in this matter you don't, you can't possibly pass it on. What you have done is, "darkened counsel by words without knowledge?" Job 38:2

Instead of saying I don't have it, explain your version with scripture please!

iamaberean

Read my signature.

I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.
Jesus is the Messiah of the children of Israel not the Gentiles.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

I appreciate your love!

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

6days

iamaberean said:
God said let us create man in Gen 1, male and female he created in Gen 1. Told them to go and replenish the earth.
God told them to fill the earth... not to refill.

Gen. 1:28 KJV 2000 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth".

The word "Replenish" has changed meaning in recent years. When the KJV was written the word meant fill. (like the meaning of 'gay' and many words change over time)
iamaberean said:
Two different creations, first those that were told to go and replenish the earth and then the two He made a covenant with. How do we know that? Because LORD God is specifically referred to as Jehovah God in Gen 2

God's Word provides 1 creation account. ﹰﹰThe name of Jehovah, Elohim, Lord etc is used interchangeably in Scripture depending on application. Yahweh Elohim is used in Gen. 2 to show our God is a personal and relational God.

iamaberean said:
The second creation was of Jehovah God without input from the angels.
Please read Ex. 20:11

iamaberean said:
This explains all the the different races in the world without trying to use a form of evolution.
What a racist comment... shame on you. Do you seriosly think someone with different skin colour is a different race??? There is one race...the human race. (And evolution / common ancestry has nothing to do with different appearance between humans)

iamaberean said:
Cain knew there were other people in the earth that might harm him when Jehovah God put him out of the garden.
There may or may not have been other brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews at the time. There certainly would have been many thousands of people within Cains lifetime.

Truster

I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.
Jesus is the Messiah of the children of Israel not the Gentiles.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

I appreciate your love!

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

You twist any scripture you chose, but salvation belongs to Yah Veh. (Jonah)

iamaberean

Some people believe that all days are 24 hour days. Look at scripture when it says ‘in that day’ and see how it speaks of a period of time. Scripture even says that a day of the LORD is like a thousand years.

All of that to point out that a day of creation was many years, maybe thousands.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Good example of this was the tree yielding fruit. God wasn’t in a rush, he allowed the tree to grow and produce in a natural period of time.

You may still be more comfortable believing a man. As for me I will take God’s word.

Why are people so stubborn, it is not a salvation issue nor an evolution?

6days

iamaberean said:
Some people believe that all days are 24 hour days.(in Scripture)
No... you are dishonest. NOBODY says, or believes that.

iamaberean said:
Look at scripture when it says ‘in that day’...
Exactly! The meaning of the word is always always always determined by context.

iamaberean said:
Scripture even says that a day of the LORD is like a thousand years.
So.... do you think that means Jesus was dead for 3000 years?

Berean..... context is import. I suggest you read 2Peter 3 to understand the context of that verse. God isn't saying that Joshua marched around Jericho for an undetermined amount of time.

iamaberean said:
All of that to point out that a day of creation was many years, maybe thousands.
Actually, the context prevents anything other than what we refer to as 24 hour days. I. Fact God defines what a day is at the beginning of the chapter.

iamaberean said:
You may still be more comfortable believing a man. As for me I will take God’s word.
Ex. 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

iamaberean said:
Why are people so stubborn, it is not a salvation issue nor an evolution?
Common ancestry/ evolution is an attack on the nature of God, and the Gospel.

We do not serve a Creator who used a process of pain, suffering, extinctions, and death to create everything and then call it good. No ... scripture tells us that death is the enemy. Jesus suffered physical death to defeat 'the final enemy'.

iamaberean

We are still in the seventh day! How many years is that? Six thousand?

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6days

iamaberean said:
We are still in the seventh day!
That's not what God's Word tells us.

iamaberean said:
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest...
Again Berean, you take everything out of context trying to stuff secular ideas of deep time into God's Word.

Context... starts in Heb. 3 where 'rest' is compared to Joshua entering the promised land. Keep reading... CONTEXT! CONTEXT CONTEXT! Chapter 4 compares 'rest'to entering the kingdom of God.

Ex. 20:11... God rested (shabat) the 7th day. Shabbat past tense; the 7th day is not continuing. The verse is not giving the OK to make your day of rest any amount of time period you wish. It is CLEARLY referring to 24 hour days.

Your thread perhaps should be titled 'Passing along a little heresy.' You are rejecting what God's Word clearly teaches about the purpose of Christ's physical death. If God used death as part of the creation process, then why did Last Adam go to the cross?

iamaberean

6days, Did you leave this one out?

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Good example of this was the tree yielding fruit. God wasn’t in a rush, he allowed the tree to grow and produce in a natural period of time.

6days

6days, Did you leave this one out?

No Berean..... the third day was not missed.