Partakers of the Body of Christ and the New Covenant

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I believe he means all of mankind.
What do you think?
Of course it does.

It comports with John 3:16 for one thing, but also with later on in the letter, 1st Corinthians 15:3, viz. "Christ died for our sins"

In the same way that He is our Passover Lamb, He "died for our sins." It's the same thing.

And not even Dispensationalism denies that 1st Corinthians 15:3 applies to the Body of Christ, aka the Church.

fzappa13

Isnt this your response to fzappa13?
It's the response to an unfortunate number of people who have attempted to engage in conversation here. At a certain point one would think that anyone who had a genuine interest in communicating and/or convincing would have taken note of the precipitous decline in attendance of this site and summed 1 and 1 and come up with 2 ... 2 being the fact that unpleasantness, ugliness and denigration drives people off. The sad truth is that management has encouraged this sort of activity from the beginning and they have now reaped what they have sewn. Perhaps they will reconsider but, after over 20 years of this I wouldn't bet a lot on the proposition. Hope spring eternal nonetheless.

Right Divider

Body part
Which links Paul right to John 1:29

"Behold the Lamb of God ... Who takes away the sins of the World."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world"

1st Corinthians 15:3 "Christ died for our sins "
One Christ, a two-fold purpose.
It's not hard to understand, unless you have religious blinders on.

Matt 20:28 (AKJV/PCE)​
(20:28) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
1Tim 2:6 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Idolater

One Christ, a two-fold purpose.
It's not hard to understand, unless you have religious blinders on.

Matt 20:28 (AKJV/PCE)​
(20:28) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
1Tim 2:6 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
idk why you would just confirm Catholicism like that, but tyvm for conceding RD. :e4e:

Right Divider

Body part
idk why you would just confirm Catholicism like that, but tyvm for conceding RD. :e4e:
You are childish to say the least.

The "pope" goes missing in the middle of the book of Acts and you cannot see why.
The "pope" is not even heading the Jewish church in Jerusalem in Acts 15 and you cannot see why.

I can tell you why, but you will not listen due to your false beliefs.

Idolater

You are childish to say the least.
I'm rubber and you're glue.

The "pope" goes missing in the middle of the book of Acts and you cannot see why.
And you feel as if him "reappearing" in 1st Peter and in Rome (not Palestine) is irrelevant. One point for us both? or how are we keeping score here?

The "pope" is not even heading the Jewish church in Jerusalem in Acts 15 and you cannot see why.
I already explained it. The Apostles planted churches, they don't stick around interminably, not even for the harvest; they plant, and then they make farmers who supervise the tending of the fields.

I can tell you why, but you will not listen due to your false beliefs.
I went down this rabbit hole with you plenty of times before RD, there's literally no authoritative source for what you believe, which means it's a pet theory, and so if you cannot demonstrate it is correct from all the way from the ground up, that's all it will ever be, a pet theory.

Nobody cares about pet theories.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm rubber and you're glue.
Par for the course for you.
And you feel as if him "reappearing" in 1st Peter and in Rome (not Palestine) is irrelevant. One point for us both? or how are we keeping score here?
  • Peter's epistles were written before Acts 15.
  • Peter's epistles were written to Israel.
1Pet 2:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:11) Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.​
I already explained it. The Apostles planted churches, they don't stick around interminably, not even for the harvest; they plant, and then they make farmers who supervise the tending of the fields.
Peter was AT the counsel of Acts 15 but took a back seat to James (not one of the twelve).
Your story is nonsense.
I went down this rabbit hole with you plenty of times before RD, there's literally no authoritative source for what you believe, which means it's a pet theory, and so if you cannot demonstrate it is correct from all the way from the ground up, that's all it will ever be, a pet theory.
My authoritative source is the BIBLE... i.e., the WORD OF GOD.
Nobody cares about pet theories.
I don't have a pet theory. I do have the WORD OF GOD that totally refutes your fake authorities.

Last edited:

Idolater

Par for the course for you.

• Peter's epistles were written before Acts 15.
Prove it.

• Peter's epistles were written to Israel.
1Pet 2:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:11) Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.​
Like I said, maybe in another thread, it would help if books like 1st Peter were called something like "7th Palestinians" or something like that so we'd know that when Paul writes to the Corinthians, he's writing to a largely Gentile church so when he talks about the New Covenant ritual of the Lord's Supper that he's talking to Gentiles and not to ethnic Palestinians.

Peter was AT the counsel of Acts 15 but took a back seat to James (not one of the twelve).
Already explained. There was no new revelation at the First Church Council in Jerusalem, Judea, Palestine, and there was no Apostolic domination of the conference either. All the bishops, who were probably all ethnic Palestinians, discussed all the revelation that they had together, and hashed out everything, and when they convened, they literally all decided that literally nobody needed to be circumcised ever again, it's there in black-and-white, right in the middle of Acts, before Peter disappears from Acts.

Your story is nonsense.
Saying it doesn't make it so RD.

My authoritative source is the BIBLE... i.e., the WORD OF GOD.
I believe the authority of the Bible too. But when I ask you what else you believe, or what you believe about the Bible, the only things you can cosign on as authoritative are things that all Catholics believe as well. And by "you" I mean Dispensationalism.

I don't have a pet theory.
Yes you do. Dispensationalism.

I do have the WORD OF GOD that totally refutes your fake authorities.
Saying it doesn't make it so RD.

Right Divider

Body part
That's not a theory, It's just what the Bible teaches. Look it up.

Eph 3:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:1) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, (3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: (3:3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (3:4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (3:5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (3:6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: (3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.​

Idolater

I don't have a pet theory.

That's not a theory, It's just what the Bible teaches. Look it up.

Eph 3:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:1) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, (3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: (3:3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (3:4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (3:5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (3:6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: (3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.​
That confirms Catholicism.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul says if one eats and drinks in an unworthy manner, he "will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord."
I'm already guilty, so there's that. But, I was crucified with him and raised up with him. I was baptized by the Holy Spirit into Chirst. When the Father looks down he does not see my no good rotten self, he sees his perfect Son.

Saved by grace, something I do not deserve, to drive Israel to jealousy. And from what I see from Ben Shapiro, it works. Pray for them.

Last edited: