ECT Our triune God

God's Truth

It was God! There is no mention of the Father. Your theology is confused.

You say it was not God the Father speaking in the Old Testament.

Throughout the Bible we find God portrayed as a Father. There God is specifically called the Father of the nation of Israel ( Deut 32:6 ; Isa 63:16 ; 64:8 ; Jeremiah 3:4 Jeremiah 3:19 ; 31:9 ; Mal 1:6 ; 2:10 ) or the Father of certain individuals ( 2 Sam 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chron 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

At times the father imagery is present although the term "Father" is not used

Exod 4:22-23 Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

and I told you, "Let my son go, so he may worship me." But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.'"

Jer 31:20

Hosea 11:1-4 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You say it was not God the Father speaking in the Old Testament.

Throughout the Bible we find God portrayed as a Father. There God is specifically called the Father of the nation of Israel ( Deut 32:6 ; Isa 63:16 ; 64:8 ; Jeremiah 3:4 Jeremiah 3:19 ; 31:9 ; Mal 1:6 ; 2:10 ) or the Father of certain individuals ( 2 Sam 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chron 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

At times the father imagery is present although the term "Father" is not used

Exod 4:22-23 Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

and I told you, "Let my son go, so he may worship me." But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.'"

Jer 31:20

Hosea 11:1-4 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

You are a non trinitarian and I accept that. Just do not shove you theology, what ever it is, down my throat.

God's Truth

You are a non trinitarian and I accept that. Just do not shove you theology, what ever it is, down my throat.

I don't shove anything down anyone's throat.

Why don't you speak about the scriptures I gave that corrected you? You said there was no mention of the Father in the Old Testament. I took my time and care to show you those scriptures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't shove anything down anyone's throat.

Why don't you speak about the scriptures I gave that corrected you? You said there was no mention of the Father in the Old Testament. I took my time and care to show you those scriptures.

You did not correct anything. My thinking is still the same.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said there was no mention of the Father in the Old Testament. I gave you many scriptures that prove you wrong.

I never said that God is not Father in the Old Testament. I said he is not the Father in Exodus 3:14. You took it upon yourself to misinterpret what I said.

Arsenios

There are three, and the three are One and the same.

No - There are Three, and they are One...

One means same.

One means God...

And Three means the Hypostases that God IS...

There is no one besides God.

OK...

There is only One God, and He is the Father.

And one Lord, Jesus Christ...

And one Holy Spirit...

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he must also be the Father.

Christ said: "I and My Father are One..."

He did not say: "I am My Father..."

You believe a man became God, but that is not possible.

Some do, not me...

God did become a Man.

So that man could become god...

Psalm 82:6

Arsenios

God's Truth

No - There are Three, and they are One...

One means God...

And Three means the Hypostases that God IS...

OK...

And one Lord, Jesus Christ...

And one Holy Spirit...

Christ said: "I and My Father are One..."

He did not say: "I am My Father..."

Some do, not me...

So that man could become god...

Psalm 82:6

Arsenios

You need to respond to all the many scriptures I gave.

You know, the scriptures I gave where God the Father says there is no one besides me.

One does mean the same.

God's Truth

I never said that God is not Father in the Old Testament. I said he is not the Father in Exodus 3:14. You took it upon yourself to misinterpret what I said.

By the way, that scripture DOES SHOW THAT God is the Father speaking.

New American Standard Bible
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

King James Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

King James 2000 Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way, that scripture DOES SHOW THAT God is the Father speaking.

New American Standard Bible
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

King James Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

King James 2000 Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

So what are you trying to show us that we do not already know?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
All you have proven is that you are dishonest and a slanderer.

Now stop making this thread about what you think about me personally. This thread is about the written Word.

No. What I've proven is that you pervert scripture in willful ignorance because you haven't bothered to look at the donor Greek language to see you're clearly and simply wrong by the grammar itself.

The rest is you grandstanding and playing the victim while lambasting everyone else. It's you who's made this thread about yourself, because it's your ridiculous pride that can't allow you to see that your heresy is literally textually and grammatically impossible according to scripture.

That's why God's instruction was for women not to usurp authority over men because they're so easily deceived just as you have been.

Your English concepts are absurd, but many United Pentecostals share your stubborn and selfish stupidity of acvocating Patripassionism.

God's Truth

Throughout the Bible we find God portrayed as a Father. There God is specifically called the Father of the nation of Israel ( Deut 32:6 ; Isa 63:16; 64:8 ; Jeremiah 3:4 Jeremiah 3:19 ; 31:9 ; Mal 1:6 ; 2:10 ) or the Father of certain individuals ( 2 Sam 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chronicles 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

Jesus fulfilled the PROPHETS. Those scriptures are Jesus speaking about when he comes as a Son.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Paul is quoting those scriptures.

Hebrews 1:5
For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

1 Chronicles 17:13
I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

Acts 13:33
he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: "'You are my son; today I have become your father.'

Hebrews 5:5
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."

When your days are over and you go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever. (1 Chronicles 17:11-14)

This prophecy has been said to have a double fulfillment. It is first fulfilled in Solomon, who built the temple, but he did what God forbade. Solomon amassed a great fortune and married foreign wives. His kingdom broke apart a few years after his death. However, the prophecy looks forward to a “Son of David” who would come, who would have a kingdom without end. This shows without any argument that it is about “son of David” and the coming Messianic King.

God's Truth

That was Jesus speaking in the Old Testament. God the Father came in the New Testament time in the flesh as the Son.

There is only One God and He is the Father.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is also God the Father, because there is only One God and He is the Father.

Jesus is the Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Read these next two scriptures, they tell us that Jesus is the Rock, and the Rock Fathered us.

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was Jesus speaking in the Old Testament. God the Father came in the New Testament time in the flesh as the Son.

There is only One God and He is the Father.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is also God the Father, because there is only One God and He is the Father.

Jesus is the Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Read these next two scriptures, they tell us that Jesus is the Rock, and the Rock Fathered us.

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Sorry, the Son and Holy Spirit are also God. Saying jesus is the Father is BLASPHEMY!