ECT Our triune God

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob forever. See Luke 1:33, and Revelation 11:15.

In 1 Corinthians 15:25, it says Jesus must REIGN UNTIL HE has put all his enemies under his feet.

Who puts His enemies under His feet?

In 1 Corinthians 15:24, it says Jesus will hand the kingdom to God the Father, after he [Jesus] has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Since the scriptures also say JESUS' KINGDOM WILL HAVE NO END, and the scripture also says Jesus will reign UNTIL...that shows us Jesus was God before coming to earth, he was God while on earth, and he is God in heaven now.

Jesus receives the Kingdom from His Father.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Jesus is God with a physical body. He came as a Man to show us the way. When Jesus comes again, we will be made like Jesus. We will be as Jesus is in his Spiritual resurrected body. There will be no need for any Man to be over us in that time...for we will be as Jesus is.

Jesus is a resurrected man.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

These scriptures prove that Jesus is God the Father made visible with a physical body.

Your reasoning proves you do not know the Man.

LA

God's Truth

Who puts His enemies under His feet?

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

The one who made everything did it.

Isaiah 44:6 and 8 "I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me . . . Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." In 44:24 God says,"I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone."

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

The First and the Last did it.

Jesus receives the Kingdom from His Father.

Where do you get that I said it was not given to Jesus by the Father?

You have avoided the scriptures I was speaking.

The scriptures also say JESUS' KINGDOM WILL HAVE NO END, and the scripture also says Jesus will reign UNTIL...that shows us Jesus was God before coming to earth, he was God while on earth, and he is God in heaven now.

Jesus is a resurrected man.

Where did I say Jesus was not a resurrected Man?

Your reasoning proves you do not know the Man.
That is all Satan has left you to defend him with, and that is insults.

Lon

A good reference post on error

A good reference post on error

Errors concerning the views of the union of the divine and the human in the Person of Jesus have been denounced by the church militant.

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second person of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

Errors shown in boldface below:

1. a denial that Christ was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that Christ had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct person in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct persons (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that Jesus existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It is a lovely structure, these opening lines of John...

In the Beginning
....Was the Word
....And the Word
.........Was toward The God
.........And God
....The Word was
....This One was
In the Beginning

Toward God...

I owe an Anglican for showing me this structure online... It is a chiastic chain, using the nouns Beginning [A], Word and God [C]...

A:B::B:C::C':B'::B':A:::C

It pivots, turns, or hinges on the C to C' relationship...

C and C' differ, yet are the same...

Because C has the article, and C' does not...

So they differ AND yet are the same...

The relationship being that the Word was toward THE God and was God...

And what this relationship means, this: "Was toward" [English translates it as "was with"], which is repeated at the end of the chiasm, is why the Gospel of John was written. It bears witness to this Logos-Theos Who is not O Theos, but was existing in the beginning toward O Theos...

O Theos is God the Father... O Logos Theos is the Son...

THAT relationship is pivotal, because in Psalm 82 we find God JUDGING fallen man as Sons of God: "Because you are gods..." THAT is WHY God is so longsuffering... How long, O Lord, How long until you requite the victims?

Psa 82:1-8 A Psalm of Asaph.
[The Proto-Psalter intones in a strong voice:]
God Stood in the congregation of the mighty;
He is judging in the midst of the gods.

[The chanters on the right sing forth:]
"How long will ye judge unjustly,
and accept the persons of the wicked?

[Then the singers on the left reply:]
"Defend the poor and fatherless:
Do justice to the afflicted and needy.

[And the singers across the nave chant in response:]
Deliver the poor and needy:
Rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

[And the left rejoins:]
They have not known, nor stood upright together;
In darkness are they passing through:

[And the right laments:]
All the foundations of the earth
shall be shaken.

[The left reminds us:]
I have said, Ye are gods;
and all of you are children of the Most High.

[Then the right gives the judgement:]
But ye shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes."

[Then all chant together in a loud voice:]
"Arise, O God, judge the earth:
For thou shalt inherit all nations."

Deeper than the unknowable Essence of God
Is the Mystery of the Persons of God...
For the Person is the Sub-stantiator of the Essence...
The Essence, the Ousia, the Wealth of God...
Held as One in three Persons...
Whatever that may be
And however utterably unknowable to us...
IS God...
AND, as men created in His Image...
We can KNOW the very Persons of God...
Who are the substandings of God...
For these Three are One...

We are well out of our depth here, yet it is with the Person that we as persons start out on this great journey in the Way... The Mystery is entered, not chatted about and sliced and diced with intellectual conceptual ratiocinations of fallen humanity in some imaginary understanding... There is no marital union in conceptual descriptives...

The God, and the Logos-God, are both One and Two...

This cannot be grasped by fallen conceptual provings...

Welcome to the Faith of Christ...

Arsenios

THIS is utterly glorious!!!!

If only you and others could see the TRUE Multi-Phenomenal Uni-Hypostatic Trinity instead of the nebulous Uni-Phenomenal Multi-Hypostatic Trinity of Orthodoxy.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Errors concerning the views of the union of the divine and the human in the Person of Jesus have been denounced by the church militant.

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second person of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

Errors shown in boldface below:

1. a denial that Christ was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that Christ had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct person in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct persons (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that Jesus existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

#4 is the only catch for me, but it's because of the English term "person/s" and it being presumed as a triplicate quantity, etc.

God is a Multi-Phenomenal singular Hypostasis.

None of the competing historical formulaics are correct, and therefore anathema.

A form of Anti-Social Trinity or a form of Semi-Sabellianism would be closest, but still not quite there.

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I linked it. It ties back to your 2nd to last ban which pegged you as 'anti-Trinitarian.' You might not have access to the woodshed, but it sets some precedent for future readings. The main focus of your ban was that it was too long AND that it was anti-Trinitarian. Why did that get conveyed? I believe it was the 'not orthodox' and not typical Trinitarian. I'm not trying to skirt whatever part I've played, but trying to share background information.

And this is what is utterly ridiculous, especially when TOL is teaming with actual militant non-Trinitarians. I'm a Trinitarian. I just vehemently oppose quantifying God as multiple hypostases according to historical Cappadocian formulaic and subsequent conceptual English dilutions because of the term "person/s".

I used to be vociferously anti-Trinitarian and wouldn't embrace the term at all for myself, but I've since recanted and relabeled because I was affiliating and being affiliated with Unitarians and Semi-/Arians and Semi-/Sabellians.

How could I be banned for being anti-Trinitarian when half of TOL members are truly anti-Trinitarian and posting prolifically to that effect? That would be the height of inequity, yes? Baffling.

I eschew any form of Sabellianism/Semi-Sabellianism;
or any form of Arianism/Semi-Arianism;
or any form of Socinianism/Unitarianism/Ebionism/Adoptionism;
or any form of Binitarianism/Dyadism;
or any formulaic like Pneumatomachianism that resigns the Holy Spirit to being merely an energy or force, or created in any manner;
or any formulaic that includes a created angelic being as the Son (SDA, JW, etc.);
or any form of Tritheism (LDS, etc,);
or any other form like Swedenborgianism;
or any form of Emanationism/Exudationism, Docetism, or Gnosticism;
or any form of Pantheism, PanEntheism, or PanenTheism.

I don't embrace any anathema Christologies of Nestorianism, Apollinarianism, or Eutychianism; but with appropriate consideration of Miaphysitic emphasis in Cyrillianism as potentially as accurate as Dyophysitic Chalcedonianism. And I also don't embrace the post-Constantinople innovation of the Filioque clause of the Latins, also promoted by the vast majority of Protestants.

I affirm:
There is One Deity.
The Father is Deity.
The Holy Spirit is Deity.
The Word (Son) is Deity.
These are One Deity.

The Father is Eternally Pre-Existent.
The Holy Spirit is Eternally Pre-Existent.
The Word is Eternally Pre-Existent.

The Father is Uncreated and Unbegotten.
The Holy Sprit is Uncreated and Unbegotten.
The Son is Uncreated and the Only Begotten.

The Father is not the Holy Spirit nor the Son (Word).
The Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son (Word).
The Son (Word) is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit.

The Son proceeded forth and came from the Father, Sent by the Father.
The Holy Spirit proceedeth from the Father, Sent by the Father and the Son.
(The Holy Spirit proceedeth NOT from both the Father and the Son [Filioque], though Sent by Both.)

Jesus is the Son of God and is Fully and Authentically Divine, Begotten of the Father by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the son of man and is fully and authentically human with a rational soul, born of the virgin by the Holy Spirit.
The Virgin Birth of Jesus was a Supernatural Procreative Act of God, NOT a Creative Act.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all distinct, uncreated, eternal, non-modal, non-sequential, concurrent, con-essential, con-substantial, inherently ontological Deity.

The Father is not the Son is not the Father (are not the Holy Spirit).

I don't know how much "more" Trinitarian I could be for someone who doesn't acknowledge God as three hypostases.

Nor could anyone validly accuse me of being ignorant on the topic of Theology Proper.

Yes. I empathize too.

:)

I think, perhaps we both stumble in explanation, that this is what we are both trying to say. I 'think' binitarian is likewise a conflation of created/uncreated explanation, which is what set me wondering/correcting. I will, in the future, make an effort to PM from here on out. The prior, which we are all trying to outdistance, was what started in-thread commentary (not excusing myself, just trying to ensure we do better). -Lon

I can illustrate it explicitly and clearly in a series of teachings live with a whiteboard. It just requires a cumulative understanding of applied lexicography and expression that is too voluminous for the forum venue and format.

I've precisely and intuitively reconciled literally everything. But nobody has the 3D grid to convert their 2D concepts.

God's Truth

My reply in red to PneumaPsucheSoma I affirm:

There is One Deity.
The Father is Deity.
The Word (Son) is Deity. John 1:1 The Word was God.
These are One Deity.

The Son is Uncreated and the Only Begotten. The Son is the first born over all creation, then everything was made by him, for him, and through him. Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

The Father is not the Holy Spirit nor the Son (Word).The Father is the Holy Spirit. The Father is the Son. John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son (Word).Already proven with John 14:23.
The Son (Word) is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit. Already proven with John 14:23.

(The Holy Spirit proceedeth NOT from both the Father and the Son [Filioque], though Sent by Both.)

Jesus is the Son of God and is Fully and Authentically Divine, Begotten of the Father by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the son of man and is fully and authentically human with a rational soul, born of the virgin by the Holy Spirit.
The Virgin Birth of Jesus was a Supernatural Procreative Act of God, NOT a Creative Act.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all distinct, uncreated, eternal, non-modal, non-sequential, concurrent, con-essential, con-substantial, inherently ontological Deity.

There are no distinctions.

Jesus says and does only what the Father says and does.

The Holy Spirit says only what the Father and Jesus says.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father.

They are NOT distinct and different.

See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50.

When we see Jesus, we see the Father.

See John 8:19; 14:7, 9; Hebrews 1:3; and, Colossians 1:15.

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

Their works are NOT different.

John 5:17 In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

The Father is not the Son is not the Father (are not the Holy Spirit).Already proven with scripture that the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit.

I don't know how much "more" Trinitarian I could be for someone who doesn't acknowledge God as three hypostases.

Nor could anyone validly accuse me of being ignorant on the topic of Theology Proper.

God's Truth

Do you, or do you not, see a distinction between the Father and the Son in Psalm 110:1? Yes, or no.

I have said so before that God the Father came to earth as a Son of Man in the flesh. That is the only distinction, which is not a distinction, for Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man, a Son of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The one who made everything did it.

Isaiah 44:6 and 8 "I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me . . . Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." In 44:24 God says,"I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone."

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

The First and the Last did it.

Where do you get that I said it was not given to Jesus by the Father?

You have avoided the scriptures I was speaking.

The scriptures also say JESUS' KINGDOM WILL HAVE NO END, and the scripture also says Jesus will reign UNTIL...that shows us Jesus was God before coming to earth, he was God while on earth, and he is God in heaven now.

Where did I say Jesus was not a resurrected Man?

That is all Satan has left you to defend him with, and that is insults.

You claim Jesus is not a man like other men.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have said so before that God the Father came to earth as a Son of Man in the flesh. That is the only distinction, which is not a distinction, for Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man, a Son of God.

You mean the Father is His own son.

Heresy.

LA

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
My reply in red to PneumaPsucheSoma I affirm:

There is One Deity.
The Father is Deity.
The Word (Son) is Deity. John 1:1 The Word was God.
These are One Deity.

The Son is Uncreated and the Only Begotten. The Son is the first born over all creation, then everything was made by him, for him, and through him. Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

The Father is not the Holy Spirit nor the Son (Word).The Father is the Holy Spirit. The Father is the Son. John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son (Word).Already proven with John 14:23.
The Son (Word) is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit. Already proven with John 14:23.

There are no distinctions.

Jesus says and does only what the Father says and does.

The Holy Spirit says only what the Father and Jesus says.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father.

They are NOT distinct and different.

See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50.

When we see Jesus, we see the Father.

See John 8:19; 14:7, 9; Hebrews 1:3; and, Colossians 1:15.

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

Their works are NOT different.

John 5:17 In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

The Father is not the Son is not the Father (are not the Holy Spirit).Already proven with scripture that the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit.

I'm not interested in your perverted interpretations of the text or your piggy-backing of my post, which was to Lon.

If you want to craft your own statement of faith and discuss it with others, feel free.

God's Truth

I'm not interested in your perverted interpretations of the text or your piggy-backing of my post, which was to Lon.

If you want to craft your own statement of faith and discuss it with others, feel free.

This is a public site and anyone can reply to comment on anyone's post.

The only reason why you do not defend your beliefs with scripture is because you can't.

I am just glad to rebuke you with scripture, whether or not you attack me personally.

God's Truth

You claim Jesus is not a man like other men.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

LA

Jesus is no mere man.

God's Truth

You mean the Father is His own son.

Heresy.

LA

There are three, and the three are One and the same.

One means same.

There is no one besides God.

There is only One God, and He is the Father.

If Jesus is God, and he is, then he must also be the Father.

You believe a man became God, but that is not possible.

God did become a Man.