Our Granddaughter

Gary K

Banned
A month ago our granddaughter was murdered on a Friday night. She was found in the garage of the house she was living in sitting with her legs crossed, leaning against a freezer with her right arm lifted, her hand open, and fentanyl pills in it. She had been a heroin addict years before but was living for her kids now. She and my wife were really close and communicated daily. She hated fentanyl and would not have used it as she knew exactly how dangerous it is. We suspect her dad as he was extremely abusive and had chosen her to take his malice out on in the last few years.

It ends up we now have custody of a six month old great granddaughter. She's a sweet baby. She's a chunk though. She's roly poly and growing like a weed. She's strong and smart as someone where my wife works gave her a bed for the baby. She reached up with one arm, grabbed a hold of the railing around the bed and pulled herself along with one arm to the head of the bed so she could play with mobiles hanging there. To explain how strong she is, she ways 18 lbs.

There are miracles going on too, One of her aunts has been into witchcraft since she was in her early teens and is now 28. She lived in the same house Ashley, the baby's mother did as well as her boyfriend and another sister and her boyfriend. They are all druggies. The baby gets screaming fits of rage and the only thing that brings her out of them is very earnest prayer and singing children's songs about Jesus to her. She goes from rigid with rage, red in the face, and screaming to quiet in a second or two. No sobbing afterwards, Just calm and peaceful.

There are other miracles going on too. Miracles in people's hearts as the customers where my wife works have donated a lot of brand new baby clothes, a bed, a walker, several hundred dollars, a couple of hundred diapers, and miscellaneous sundry items old people need to care for a baby.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A month ago our granddaughter was murdered on a Friday night. She was found in the garage of the house she was living in sitting with her legs crossed, leaning against a freezer with her right arm lifted, her hand open, and fentanyl pills in it. She had been a heroin addict years before but was living for her kids now. She and my wife were really close and communicated daily. She hated fentanyl and would not have used it as she knew exactly how dangerous it is. We suspect her dad as he was extremely abusive and had chosen her to take his malice out on in the last few years.

It ends up we now have custody of a six month old great granddaughter. She's a sweet baby. She's a chunk though. She's roly poly and growing like a weed. She's strong and smart as someone where my wife works gave her a bed for the baby. She reached up with one arm, grabbed a hold of the railing around the bed and pulled herself along with one arm to the head of the bed so she could play with mobiles hanging there. To explain how strong she is, she ways 18 lbs.

There are miracles going on too, One of her aunts has been into witchcraft since she was in her early teens and is now 28. She lived in the same house Ashley, the baby's mother did as well as her boyfriend and another sister and her boyfriend. They are all druggies. The baby gets screaming fits of rage and the only thing that brings her out of them is very earnest prayer and singing children's songs about Jesus to her. She goes from rigid with rage, red in the face, and screaming to quiet in a second or two. No sobbing afterwards, Just calm and peaceful.

There are other miracles going on too. Miracles in people's hearts as the customers where my wife works have donated a lot of brand new baby clothes, a bed, a walker, several hundred dollars, a couple of hundred diapers, and miscellaneous sundry items old people need to care for a baby.

I am so sorry for your loss. Words cannot express the pain of losing a child.

Thank God your granddaughter has you and your wife to comfort and bring her up in a loving home.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
I am so sorry for your loss. Words cannot express the pain of losing a child.

Thank God your granddaughter has you and your wife to comfort and bring her up in a loving home.
Thank you Rusha. I don't know that you would have said it if you had known who I am. I'm the poster formerly known as ffreeloader. As it is I'm glad you didn't know so you would reveal what's really in your heart.

The baby, Barda, is our great granddaughter,

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are welcome. I remember you, and to answer your question, YES, I would have stated it.

You are a parent in pain. Humanity is lost when an opposing POV’s keep us from reaching out to another during their most vulnerable times.

God bless you and your wife and Baby Barda.

Gary K

Banned
You are welcome. I remember you, and to answer your question, YES, I would have stated it.

You are a parent in pain. Humanity is lost when an opposing POV’s keep us from reaching out to another during their most vulnerable times.

God bless you and your wife and Baby Barda.
Thank you once again. You are a Christian with the love of God within you.

fzappa13

If you live long enough you go through bad and good. Live longer still and you begin to see the reasons for it. "With out a hurt the heart is hollow."

Derf

Ouch. It sure is a good thing we know who has the power to set things right and raise the dead. My your great-granddaughter be blessed by your care for her and you as well.

Gary K

Banned
Ouch. It sure is a good thing we know who has the power to set things right and raise the dead. My your great-granddaughter be blessed by your care for her and you as well.
I agree fully. I believe our granddaughter will be in heaven as her life had changed dramatically within the last few years. She hadn't been baptised but she was on that path as she was acknowledging God had been working in her life and teaching her. She was wanting to get out of where she was and move to where we live but didn't have the money.

We are making sure she will be a Christian. The changes in her in the last month are incredible. It was an almost constant battle with demonic forces and now she is calm a lot more of the time. I've learned to start singing to her as soon as she starts to fuss and it makes a big difference.

The only thing I have a problem with is changing dirty diapers. I have a weak stomach and the smell makes me puke. I've been like that all my life.

That baby is going to be a practical joker as she laughs when my wife tells her she stinks. And when she is messing her diaper she will look at my wide and grin big time and laugh while she gets her diaper changed.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Gary K

Banned
If you live long enough you go through bad and good. Live longer still and you begin to see the reasons for it. "With out a hurt the heart is hollow."

I agree. I've experienced a lot pf pain in my 70 years. As I look back on it all God has used it all to teach me important concepts. I see all those negative experiences now and thank God for teaching me the incredible power of sin and His even greater power to bring good out of bad.

Romans 8: 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

fzappa13

I agree. I've experienced a lot pf pain in my 70 years. As I look back on it all God has used it all to teach me important concepts. I see all those negative experiences now and thank God for teaching me the incredible power of sin and His even greater power to bring good out of bad.

Romans 8: 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
1 Pet 1:6Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

There is a point and a purpose to our suffering that will likely not be fully appreciated until we "know as we are known."

Derf

fzappa13

The only thing I have a problem with is changing dirty diapers. I have a weak stomach and the smell makes me puke. I've been like that all my life.

That baby is going to be a practical joker as she laughs when my wife tells her she stinks. And when she is messing her diaper she will look at my wide and grin big time and laugh while she gets her diaper changed.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
It is with some trepidation that I broach the subject of women and their sense of smell. As someone who has earned their living remodeling, my experience has taught me that women have a keener sense of smell than us guys and they are usually the one to alert their husband that they have a septic problem. It is something of a mystery to me that they wind up being the superior diaper changers. One would think they would be more disinclined to take on the task because of their superior olfactory facilities but, not unlike canines, they "rush in where angels fear to tread."

... must be love.

Last edited:

Derf

It is with some trepidation that I broach the subject of women and their sense of smell. As someone who has earned their living remodeling, my experience has taught me that women have a keener sense of smell than us guys and they are usually the one to alert their husband that they have a septic problem. It is something of a mystery to me that they wind up being the superior diaper changers. One would think they would be more disinclined to take on the task because of their superior olfactory facilities but, not unlike canines, they "rush in where angels fear to tread."

... must be love.
I'm the one that always had to clean up the barf, though.