Our biological evidence of creation and the seventh day Sabbath

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, as far as I know. Do you have documentation to the contrary?

Passover is a Sabbath Day. It does not always fall on a Saturday.

There were two sabbath days immediately following Christ's crucifixion. He was crucified on a Thursday, Passover (a rest day) was Friday, followed by Saturday sabbath, then rose on Sunday.

rstrats

Passover is a Sabbath Day. It does not always fall on a Saturday.

There were two sabbath days immediately following Christ's crucifixion. He was crucified on a Thursday, Passover (a rest day) was Friday, followed by Saturday sabbath, then rose on Sunday.
the topic issue is referring to the seventh day weekly Sabbath, not the annual sabbaths.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
the topic issue is referring to the seventh day weekly Sabbath, not the annual sabbaths.

And the point is that the Sabbath is a law, be it every seventh day, or it being related to a feast.

Then rest on Saturday... don't put yourself under the law or you are required to keep ALL of it!

Jas 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.​

Don't put yourself under God's condemnation.

rstrats

Read the rest of the post.
re: I started my rest when I was 7. It's more of a reminder not to return to works for salvation,
like keeping sabbath days."

And I'm simply asking what works were you doing that you didn't return to when you were 7.

Derf

re: I started my rest when I was 7. It's more of a reminder not to return to works for salvation,
like keeping sabbath days."

And I'm simply asking what works were you doing that you didn't return to when you were 7.
Right, and I told you:

Me personally? I started my rest when I was 7. It's more of a reminder not to return to works for salvation, like keeping sabbath days.

Derf

Right, and I told you:
@rstrats
I'm not trying to avoid your question, but it's kind of like Paul told the Galatians.
Galatians 4:9 KJV — But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

rstrats

@rstrats
I'm not trying to avoid your question, but it's kind of like Paul told the Galatians.
Galatians 4:9 KJV — But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
What weak and beggarly elements had the previously non-Christian Galatians been observing?

Derf

What weak and beggarly elements had the previously non-Christian Galatians been observing?
Good question. The context gives a general, but not a specific, answer.
Galatians 4:3-10 KJV — Even so we (I think this means "the Jews"), when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye (and this is directed at the Galatians, and Gentiles in general) are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou (individual Gentile) art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God (before the Gals knew Christ), ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

The latter bolder text is what they were attempting to do as Christians, only following Judaizers, but it suggests that they used to do something similar in their pagan idolatry, to false gods. I don't know a whole lot about the Greek or Romance religious observances, but I suppose they had holy days (holidays) where they were supposed to offer sacrifices or do something different from normal days.