OSAS V Who's The Most Righteous Anti OSAS Poster?

musterion

That is works salvation. Very similar to Rome.

Bible states clearly. All are unrighteous, all are incapable to do good.
To "accept free gift" is asking someone to do good. But the Scriptures says that is impossible.

You just condemned Paul.

Nimrod

Congratulations on your idiot post of the day. There is nothing to refute. You just said if somebody does no works, but instead accepts a gift that is works.

Fascinating.....:nono:

To "accept" is an action by man. It is what the Bible refers to as "works".

heir

TOL Subscriber
what about the 'if'

By which also ye are dsaved, if ye ||keep in memory †what I preached unto you,
I trusted the Lord believing all of the elements of the gospel of Christ; that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and that He rose again the third day. Those who don't believe all of those, such as the resurrection are those who "believed in vain".

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1 Corinthians 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

republicanchick

Sorry I forgot who else is against grace...help me out with the list and then we can crown a victor. Hehe

how utterly and deplorably ABSURD

you will never get grace in your soul if you don't DO good things. And again, if humans do not do good deeds, they do evil ones... b/c it is evil to NOT do certain things: feed the hungry (Mt 25:31), comfort the afflicted/oppressed/lonely... etc..

you osasers need to read the Bible

Mt 25:31 says that those who do not feed the hungry, comfort the lonely, etc... "will go off to ETERNAL punishment" [emphasis added]

then there is Mt 18:23 (Purgatory... punishment that eventually ends...)

and a whole lot of others..

+++

republicanchick

Y did I mention Mt 18:23 which has to do with temporary punishment aka Purgatory?

I meant to quote only scriptures about Hell, which is where people who disobey Christ go, whether they have "accepted Christ" or not..

"Even the demons believe and tremble" (James 2:14)

++

republicanchick

I 1 Corinthians 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

I hate when people quote the Bible and say nothing else

makes no sense. We all know the Bible to one extent or another.. It is people's (faulty) interpretations that need attn.

+

republicanchick

We have told you many times that you have to accept the free gift. If somebody tells you here is a million dollars in this briefcase, it is a gift to you, and you walk away from it, you don't have a million dollars.

and Jesus said to feed the hungry and care for the lonely, etc...

if you walk away from that, you don't have salvation

+

Right Divider

Body part
I hate when people quote the Bible and say nothing else
Oh really?

"Even the demons believe and tremble" (James 2:14)

And you quote this as IF it's James 2:14, which is ACTUALLY:
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
The devils have not put their faith in Christ. They simply believe THAT THERE IS ONE GOD.

You are a deceiver.

Nimrod

Liar. To "accept Christ" is to believe the Gospel. That's faith: not only the opposite of works but excludes works.

To Believe the gospel, is that considered good?

Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that do good, no, not one."

Faith is something given from God. It does not come from within. One can not have faith by themselves. God has to put that part in you. A Roman Catholic can believe all day Jesus is God, but he has no faith. Faith comes to those who as "born-again". I bet you are not "born-again".

musterion

Of course it is. It pleases God. But it's not work; it's the opposite of work. Work is done by people who believe they have something to give God, or that God requires them to do something "or else." That contradicts the Gospel of grace because, today, all He asks is faith in what His Son has done for us all.

Do you deny that?

Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that do good, no, not one."
Mind the context. That's talking about unsaved people of all human history.

Faith is something given from God.
If that's true, then God gives it to everyone without exception. Everyone gets enough faith to do what He wants. That's the ONLY way He can justly damn those who will not believe.

One can not have faith by themselves.
Then if saving faith comes only from God, He is unjust and corrupt for expecting it from those He knows He did not give it to.

I bet you are not "born-again".
I couldn't care less what you bet.

Tell me, what is the Gospel by which we're to be saved? Be specific, leave nothing out.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
what about the 'if'

By which also ye are dsaved, if ye ||keep in memory †what I preached unto you,

OSAS ites are the ones who DO keep in mind what Paul said, we remember he said salvation is a free gift.

Those that oppose OSAS forget it's a free gift and think it must be earned.

Right Divider

Body part

Faith is something given from God. It does not come from within. One can not have faith by themselves. God has to put that part in you. A Roman Catholic can believe all day Jesus is God, but he has no faith. Faith comes to those who as "born-again". I bet you are not "born-again".
Paul makes it crystal clear that believing is NOT a work.
Rom 4:4-5 KJV Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Paul CONTRASTS work and belief. It's ONE or the OTHER.

glorydaz

Paul makes it crystal clear that believing is NOT a work.
Rom 4:4-5 KJV Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Paul CONTRASTS work and belief. It's ONE or the OTHER.

Why is it that not one of them will admit what is so clearly written in that verse? :idunno:

glorydaz

OSAS ites are the ones who DO keep in mind what Paul said, we remember he said salvation is a free gift.

Those that oppose OSAS forget it's a free gift and think it must be earned.

Every humanist from every religion insists they can earn eternal life themselves. It's simply unbelief on their part. They aren't persuaded that God is able to do what they can't do for themselves. Sad.

glorydaz

So, God believes in Himself for us? And He trusts Himself for us, as well? You need to rethink what you're claiming here. Perhaps you don't really understand what faith is....