Only one year ago, Manchester Police apologized

musterion

For what, you ask?

Police who staged a mock attack featuring a bomber shouting "Allahu Akbar" have been forced to apologise for stereotyping.

The exercise - criticised for using a fake "Muslim terrorist" - was to test the response of emergency services.

Eight hundred volunteers took part in the overnight drill to make it as realistic as possible.

Greater Manchester Police said the event at the Trafford Centre was not linked to any specific terror threat.

Manchester peace activist Dr Erinma Bell criticised the use of a "Muslim terrorist".

She said "a terrorist can be anyone" and "we need to move away from stereotypes".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-36254254

This Charming Manc

well a bit too sensitive for my liking but a broad point remains they are there to protect is from all terrorist whether they be muslims, racists, left wing, right wing, Irish, Welsh, Scotish.

To reinforce the narrative that all terrorists are Muslim, perpetuates the 'them and us' story that ISIS wish to tell.

This Charming Manc

I would agree, and we don't beat the horror by embracing it.

I much more concerned about the ideology of Islam,than someones ethnic background.

Christians responding in terms of them vs us, revenge, law, hate & violence I find that concerning.

When i see ethnic muslism responding on the streets of Manchester with christian charity, tolerance and acting as part of a supportive community responding to atrocity I take hope.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I much more concerned about the ideology of Islam,than someones ethnic background.

Christians responding in terms of them vs us, revenge, law, hate & violence I find that concerning.

When i see ethnic muslism responding on the streets of Manchester with christian charity, tolerance and acting as part of a supportive community responding to atrocity I take hope.

View attachment 25723View attachment 25724

The Berean

well a bit too sensitive for my liking but a broad point remains they are there to protect is from all terrorist whether they be muslims, racists, left wing, right wing, Irish, Welsh, Scotish.

To reinforce the narrative that all terrorists are Muslim, perpetuates the 'them and us' story that ISIS wish to tell.
I was curious is the IRA still very active in the UK? I remember as a kid in the 1980's they seemed to be on the news here in the states a fair amount.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And 2 years ago, ariana grande said she hates america while licking unpaid for donuts. She and muslims both hate America. Maybe thats why a terrorist chose her concert.

Lon

The odd thing, 'no immigration until' isn't THAT hateful, that revengeful, or violent. What did you have in mind? :idunno:

When they start preaching it in all Mosques at least on indigenous soils they immigrated to, I'll take hope.
True, but to protect may mean 'just don't 'facilitate' the threat. I realize they are doing things to their own people, but the risk is too great at this time. I'd rather have us take a step back and try and ensure aid and places of protective safety. A good many would rather stay in their own homes, in peace, if such were enabled. IOW, I don't believe we have to do things all the same, to be consistent with our values. I don't think you'd find many that would not support some other means of helping Arab people, especially those who are Christians and being attacked.

This Charming Manc

There is a peace process, which has mainly worked the last 20 years.

The political arm of the IRA are have been part of power sharing and in government for the last 10.

Still the odd dissident republican does something stupid but generally peaceful.

I was curious is the IRA still very active in the UK? I remember as a kid in the 1980's they seemed to be on the news here in the states a fair amount.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People have the right to hold an opinion they want to without be bombed or being blamed for being bombed
911-planes.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Matthew 12:30 "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

Thats the story that Jesus tells.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nice bit of victim blaming there, feeling good about yourself?

People have the right to hold an opinion they want to without be bombed or being blamed for being bombed

I don't blame her for the bombing, i blame her for her anarchist sentiment that matches that of terrorists.

Hows she a victim, did she get blown up or injured? Link?

There wouldnt be a muslim on the planet if God were followed.