Online Prayer Requests

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Need prayer . . . Kidney stone

Need prayer . . . Kidney stone

TOLer's . . .

I would appreciate the prayers of our fellowship, I have developed a kidney stone, not a very big one, but the Doctor said even a grain of sand size is difficult. This a first for me, so finding out the intensity of the pain is something else. And its passing is really slow.

I know the Lord Jesus has His hand on me and Violet as she sees me through this. And simply put the Lord has instruction for me through trail as read what David said about affliction, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Yes I would greatly appreciate you praying with us.

Blessings, peace, grace and mercy to all at TOL . . .

Psalmist​

heir

TOL Subscriber
TOLer's . . .

I would appreciate the prayers of our fellowship, I have developed a kidney stone, not a very big one, but the Doctor said even a grain of sand size is difficult. This a first for me, so finding out the intensity of the pain is something else. And its passing is really slow.

I know the Lord Jesus has His hand on me and Violet as she sees me through this. And simply put the Lord has instruction for me through trail as read what David said about affliction, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Yes I would greatly appreciate you praying with us.

Psalmist​
You are both in my prayers, you and the Mrs.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I got the "Kidney Stone Blues"

I got the "Kidney Stone Blues"

TOLer's . . .

Update -

I appreciate the prayers of our fellowship concerning this kidney stone dilemma. Nothing has passed, yet. The pain is almost non-existent. Before we left the hospital I was told that it pass in a few hours to maybe a few days, then the E/R physician added it may not move for a while, a week to ten days. It could even desolve and I wouldn't necessarily know it.

Praise the Lord all is quiet for now.

Yes I greatly appreciate you prayingfor me, well yes the two of us.

Psalmist​

Christiano

I'd like to ask for you guys to pray for me.

I'm in love with a person who doesn't correspond me. I've been crying a lot because she's been living in my house untill she finds a place for her and when she's on MSN, most of the time I stay at her side, chatting with her, and there are things that I read on her chats that make me very sad. She's in love with another person and it hurts me so much. Sometimes I even prefer not to be around when she's on MSN. She's a very poor person and I've been helping her financially and trying to help her to get a job. Not only because I love her, but because we are friends and I think that's one of the things friends should do.

I've never been able to tame my heart. When I love someone I love her completely. I truely give myself entirely to the person I love. And I end up suffering a lot because of that.

I've been praying recently, asking God to do His will, making her love me back or making me put this feeling aside and opening a door for me to love someone else. But it's been so hard. Sometimes I think God isn't answering me.

Hope you guys please pray for me and include my name in your churches' prayer list: Christiano José Jabur.

Aimiel

I've been praying recently, asking God to do His will, making her love me back or making me put this feeling aside and opening a door for me to love someone else. But it's been so hard. Sometimes I think God isn't answering me.

Hope you guys please pray for me and include my name in your churches' prayer list: Christiano José Jabur.
We'll pray for you Christiano. It also sounds like you think of God as a genie. He won't 'make' someone do anything. He doesn't work like that. He also won't open any doors for you. He will give you wisdom to know which doors to go through and which to pass by, but He won't live your life for you, since that is yours to work out, with fear and trembling. He also won't give you temptation that is beyond your capacity to resist. Despite what you think, God always answers Christian prayer. Sometimes the answer is, "No," or, "Wait," or even, "In time;" but He always answers. I'd suggest that you listen. He's as close as your next heartbeat. He said that His sheep would recognize His Voice. He's calling you right now.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I'm in love with a person who doesn't correspond me. I've been crying a lot because she's been living in my house untill she finds a place for her and when she's on MSN, most of the time I stay at her side, chatting with her, and there are things that I read on her chats that make me very sad. She's in love with another person and it hurts me so much. Sometimes I even prefer not to be around when she's on MSN. She's a very poor person and I've been helping her financially and trying to help her to get a job. Not only because I love her, but because we are friends and I think that's one of the things friends should do.

I've never been able to tame my heart. When I love someone I love her completely. I truely give myself entirely to the person I love. And I end up suffering a lot because of that.

I'm in a similar boat. But she's not living with me. And my advice is to grow up.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd like to ask for prayer for my sister, Rachel, and her son, CJ. This is my nephew with cerebral palsy. He's five years old, now.

About three weeks ago, my sister called me, telling me that CJ was running a fever and she couldn't get rid of it, no matter what she tried. A week later, she called back and said that the doctor said it was scarlet fever. Well, tonight, I called Rachel, after not hearing from her in two weeks and not being able to get in touch with her via phone. She told me that CJ was in the hospital from 8/31 to 9/6. He's been diagnosed with Kawasaki disease. CJ has more than his share of health problems already. Now, even with treatment, he's at a higher risk of coronary disease and aneurysms.

Since CJ's been born, our family has been living by the mantra, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst." Please, pray for his health (He's always in good spirits like most disabled children tend to be.) and pray for my sister and her husband, Charles. I know that they both will need as many prayers as they can get, no matter what happens. CJ is Rachel's second special needs child. Her daughter, Kathryne, is autistic.

BabyChristian

Please pray for my alcoholism to finally be over. I was sober for 22 years and messed up 4 years ago.

Been not drinking more than drinking since I relapsed.

I know God will help me this time, I'm positive.

I was an agnostic and didn't attend AA for that 22 years I didn't drink. Not sure how I did it. I think it was that footprints in the sand poem where Jesus carried me even when I didn't know he was there.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
There's this little trick I know. I mention it all the time, whenever anything even tangentially related in the most tenuous way pops up and allows me to, because I think it's just the neatest trick. Who knows if someone who needs to make use of this little trick might read it and learn it? Odd as it may seem, I even used to thank God for it quite often whenever I'd make use of it. Still thank Him that the thing even exists and for making us smart enough to come up with it.

For folks who have a problem with self mutilation, many of them can make use of the association between the oddly disconnected sort of pseudo-pain they feel and the visual image of blood from the act itself with the false, sick sense of relief that it brings. So much so that they can make use of a substitute when learning how to ween themselves off from this behavior. Rather like methadone and such, I would suppose.

You mix lots of red food coloring in water, fill an ice tray with it and freeze it. When you need to cut yourself, go to the freezer, get a couple of those red ice cubes and squeeze the holy living heck out of the buggers. Squeeze with all your might for as long as you need to. They melt, red flows down your arms like blood. No self injury necessary.

Not a great substitute and still not all that healthy (any more than methadone and such) but boy howdy, sometimes it's enough to get you through when all else fails.

Haven't done that myself in years. But I still keep a ice tray full of dark red ice in the freezer. Just in case.

I used to pray to God to take away that sickness in me that wants me to hurt myself. Now, instead, I thank Him for making us smart enough and malleable enough that silly little tricks like that actually work. And for making me strong enough that I can make use of them instead of biting myself until I bleed.

After many years of contemplating this and other such things and all those years of God teaching me what little wisdom I have, I can honestly and sincerely say I'd rather be as I am. Someone who hasn't needed that ice tray of frozen red water in the freezer in years, instead of someone He'd miraculously cured of that sickness.

dave3712

My prayer is that Christianity awaken to the present chance to claim immediate salvation as sons-of-God, peacemakers, by touring the Holy Lands as a charity to the much needed economic improvement of the two parties at War in God's own little acre.

Mt 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

http://www.goodmagazine.com/section/Features/the_new_nostradamus

Bueno de Mesquoto has invented a Mathematically proven Sociology Predictive Computer Model that claims Tourists and pilgrims will be the vehicle for Middle East Peace.

Recently, he’s applied his science to come up with some novel ideas on how to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

“In my view, it is a mistake to look for strategies that build mutual trust because it ain’t going to happen. Neither side has any reason to trust the other, for good reason,” he says.
“Land for peace is an inherently flawed concept because it has a fundamental commitment problem.

If I give you land on your promise of peace in the future, after you have the land, as the Israelis well know, it is very costly to take it back if you renege. You have an incentive to say, ‘You made a good step, it’s a Qgesture in the right direction, but I thought you were giving me more than this. I can’t give you peace just for this, it’s not enough.’
Conversely, if we have peace for land—you disarm, put down your weapons, and get rid of the threats to me and I will then give you the land—the reverse is true: I have no commitment to follow through. Once you’ve laid down your weapons, you have no threat.”

Bueno de Mesquita’s answer to this dilemma, which he discussed with the former Israeli prime minister and recently elected Labor leader Ehud Barak, is a formula that guarantees mutual incentives to cooperate.
“In a peaceful world, what do the Palestinians anticipate will be their main source of economic viability? Tourism.

Thunder's Muse

Can I ask for prayers please?

I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. There seems to be no end to the stress I face day to day as a stay-at-home-mum. The same arguments, fights and hassles, no matter how much I ask them to stop, it never does.

I feel like I'm gonna go insane...I'm so tired and it's just the same...everyday...

Please pray that I can deal with the stress better.....

Aimiel

You can ask for prayer, any time. We'll pray for you, and continue to pray for you. Many of us already are. Remember that there's nothing too big or to small to take to God in prayer.

Nicolaas

BANNED
Banned
pray for me as well too please just that God fufills his promises to me and all been waitin a long time now and still got as far as the end of july to go.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Can I ask for prayers please?

I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. There seems to be no end to the stress I face day to day as a stay-at-home-mum. The same arguments, fights and hassles, no matter how much I ask them to stop, it never does.

I feel like I'm gonna go insane...I'm so tired and it's just the same...everyday...

Please pray that I can deal with the stress better.....
There's this great little innovation called a 'rod.' I suggest getting one and using it properly. They work wonders.