Now the works of the flesh are evident...

It's always striking how many people are on Christian message boards that don't believe the Bible, that contradict even clear scripture. (Who intelligently argues that books don't mean what they say?!) Doesn't this seem too unusual to you, from an honest perspective?

Think about it. Do you hang around places on the web you have no belief in? I don't go to atheist websites. God hater websites. Muslim websites. Comic book websites. Don't even have a login for any religion or denomination website I don't subscribe to, any cult website, or the KKK, the Black Panthers, etc. There are so many things I don't like and disagree with, and never spending a second pursuing those who are of those persuasions, have never sought to disrupt their forums, have never even seen their websites. So what are some of you even doing here?

For instance, I don't care for liberals, therefore have no interest in discussing anything with liberals. It's a waste of time. I don't care to go to their websites. I neither like some of the far right, as they're also extremists, of likewise faulty, prejudicial mentalities. I don't go to Muslim websites, disputing with those trying to discuss among themselves. I don't waste my time or have any interest in disputing with people who don't believe the same things. There's a whole world full of things I'm not interested in and don't like, and there's no use spending one's life pursuing disputes with people over all the things you don't like. I'd consider it idiotic behavior, to go to websites of people I don't agree with or things I'm not interested in and poke sticks at them. This is, literally, idiotic behavior, an utterly senseless waste of time and effort, is trolling, has to do with having a personality disorder, is, in fact, sociopathic behavior, mental illness. I don't know what sane person seeks to congregate with enemies, in essence.

So, except for bent, evil reasons, who spends their time, pursuing discourse with people they have no agreement or affinity with? Could it just have something to do with the devil? And why can't you spare yourself typing a lot of foolish and evil drivel, simply state, "I don't believe that in the Bible?"

I don't read most of you, anyway. You just make the website a bore, clutter things up, because you don't have truth in you. Some of you are simply mean, unChristian people, period, isn't that so? Lies and error are like science fiction, only good for entertainment: in your cases, you're not entertaining, don't even offer intelligent entertainment. Do any of you like to hang out with people who only say stupid things, or that you have no agreement with as to life issues? As far as the Christian faith is concerned, when you're in the wilderness, you're in the wilderness. You unbelievers and fakes, the only thing of Christ you need, right now, is to get saved, to escape the very real torments of hell you're headed for and may be a heartbeat away from. You Christians trying to discuss theology with somebody who doesn't understand theology, do you also argue with brick walls or tree stumps, expect to get something useful back? 1 Corinthians 2:14.

It makes absolutely no sense. What sort of discourse are you expecting or thinking you're carrying on, with people who can't possibly even understand the Christian faith of scripture? What is profitable, debating with somebody who's ignorant and insists on remaining so? Are you trying to find what the point is you become blue in the face? And, at that point, will you have accomplished anything? The unbelieving, fake on the other end is going to still be just as spiritually blind and dead, move on to trolling the next thread and post more foolishness. Can you show one example where an incessant disputer of Bible truths repented and said, "You're right. That is what the Bible says, and I had it wrong?"

Honestly, I don't see the point of many conversations here, as it's just arguing with the unbelieving world. Does anybody ever pause from the grand debates with unbelievers, cults, trolls and scoffers and consider if it's even Christian behavior? Does this scripture mean anything at all to the Christians here? Or are there even Christians that are selective about the scripture they will pay attention to, should it get in the way of trolling behavior?

1 Timothy 6

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

Do you think it's proper to drag the deeper things of God around in the mud with tares?

Matthew 7:6 Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Were the disciples instructed to park on the doorsteps of unbelievers and debate with them all day, every day? Make a career of conversations with fools?

Matthew 10:14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

Especially the commandment in verse 14 below, how do you who spend your lives in vain disputing acquit yourselves of this behavior, as purported Christians?

Phillipians 2

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

There are many people who dispute things crystal clear in scripture here, that is, things unambiguous. There are many here who spend all their time disputing. I'm trying to get a handle on how much of anything going on here is Christian, in light of admonitions of Holy Scripture, to the contrary, really do wonder how many are Christians here, beyond lip service. You who endlessly dispute, aren't you really spending all your time, communing with darkness?

Isn't there a difference between standing for the truth and endlessly disputing, and often over the same things, at that? How many threads here are boring clones of the same, unending disputes? How many times do you need to repeat yourself, before you feel like a fool, like a Chatty Cathy doll somebody keeps pulling the string of? I know I usually get things the first time, don't need to see anybody repeating themselves for page after page, thread after thread. Doesn't anybody else find that such a bore? I have to suppose not, but, frankly, I don't get it, beyond, it appears, seeing what is more a community of trolls. Isn't that what trolls do, endlessly dispute? What of such inconvenient scripture?

Galatians 5

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

For further consideration: Matthew 13:25, Matthew 13:32, Matthew 13:33, 2 Corinthians 11:14, Galatians 1:9, Ephesians 5:11.

daqq

It's always striking how many people are on Christian message boards that don't believe the Bible, that contradict even clear scripture. (Who intelligently argues that books don't mean what they say?!) Doesn't this seem too unusual to you, from an honest perspective?

Think about it. Do you hang around places on the web you have no belief in? I don't go to atheist websites. God hater websites. Muslim websites. Comic book websites. Don't even have a login for any religion or denomination website I don't subscribe to, any cult website, or the KKK, the Black Panthers, etc. There are so many things I don't like and disagree with, and never spending a second pursuing those who are of those persuasions, have never sought to disrupt their forums, have never even seen their websites. So what are some of you even doing here?

For instance, I don't care for liberals, therefore have no interest in discussing anything with liberals. It's a waste of time. I don't care to go to their websites. I neither like some of the far right, as they're also extremists, of likewise faulty, prejudicial mentalities. I don't go to Muslim websites, disputing with those trying to discuss among themselves. I don't waste my time or have any interest in disputing with people who don't believe the same things. There's a whole world full of things I'm not interested in and don't like, and there's no use spending one's life pursuing disputes with people over all the things you don't like. I'd consider it idiotic behavior, to go to websites of people I don't agree with or things I'm not interested in and poke sticks at them. This is, literally, idiotic behavior, an utterly senseless waste of time and effort, is trolling, has to do with having a personality disorder, is, in fact, sociopathic behavior, mental illness. I don't know what sane person seeks to congregate with enemies, in essence.

So, except for bent, evil reasons, who spends their time, pursuing discourse with people they have no agreement or affinity with? Could it just have something to do with the devil? And why can't you spare yourself typing a lot of foolish and evil drivel, simply state, "I don't believe that in the Bible?"

I don't read most of you, anyway. You just make the website a bore, clutter things up, because you don't have truth in you. Some of you are simply mean, unChristian people, period, isn't that so? Lies and error are like science fiction, only good for entertainment: in your cases, you're not entertaining, don't even offer intelligent entertainment. Do any of you like to hang out with people who only say stupid things, or that you have no agreement with as to life issues? As far as the Christian faith is concerned, when you're in the wilderness, you're in the wilderness. You unbelievers and fakes, the only thing of Christ you need, right now, is to get saved, to escape the very real torments of hell you're headed for and may be a heartbeat away from. You Christians trying to discuss theology with somebody who doesn't understand theology, do you also argue with brick walls or tree stumps, expect to get something useful back? 1 Corinthians 2:14.

It makes absolutely no sense. What sort of discourse are you expecting or thinking you're carrying on, with people who can't possibly even understand the Christian faith of scripture? What is profitable, debating with somebody who's ignorant and insists on remaining so? Are you trying to find what the point is you become blue in the face? And, at that point, will you have accomplished anything? The unbelieving, fake on the other end is going to still be just as spiritually blind and dead, move on to trolling the next thread and post more foolishness. Can you show one example where an incessant disputer of Bible truths repented and said, "You're right. That is what the Bible says, and I had it wrong?"

Honestly, I don't see the point of many conversations here, as it's just arguing with the unbelieving world. Does anybody ever pause from the grand debates with unbelievers, cults, trolls and scoffers and consider if it's even Christian behavior? Does this scripture mean anything at all to the Christians here? Or are there even Christians that are selective about the scripture they will pay attention to, should it get in the way of trolling behavior?

1 Timothy 6

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

Do you think it's proper to drag the deeper things of God around in the mud with tares?

Matthew 7:6 Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Were the disciples instructed to park on the doorsteps of unbelievers and debate with them all day, every day? Make a career of conversations with fools?

Matthew 10:14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

Especially the commandment in verse 14 below, how do you who spend your lives in vain disputing acquit yourselves of this behavior, as purported Christians?

Phillipians 2

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

There are many people who dispute things crystal clear in scripture here, that is, things unambiguous. There are many here who spend all their time disputing. I'm trying to get a handle on how much of anything going on here is Christian, in light of admonitions of Holy Scripture, to the contrary, really do wonder how many are Christians here, beyond lip service. You who endlessly dispute, aren't you really spending all your time, communing with darkness?

Isn't there a difference between standing for the truth and endlessly disputing, and often over the same things, at that? How many threads here are boring clones of the same, unending disputes? How many times do you need to repeat yourself, before you feel like a fool, like a Chatty Cathy doll somebody keeps pulling the string of? I know I usually get things the first time, don't need to see anybody repeating themselves for page after page, thread after thread. Doesn't anybody else find that such a bore? I have to suppose not, but, frankly, I don't get it, beyond, it appears, seeing what is more a community of trolls. Isn't that what trolls do, endlessly dispute? What of such inconvenient scripture?

Galatians 5

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

For further consideration: Matthew 13:25, Matthew 13:32, Matthew 13:33, 2 Corinthians 11:14, Galatians 1:9, Ephesians 5:11.

Wow, the venom is really flowing today, eh unbeliever? By the way, you never answered here:
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118676-I-AM-the-Name-of-God/page2

:sheep:

daqq

That's the truth, anyway.

Well, ya know, it really isn't all that much like you make it sound in your OP here in this thread. Others here post what they also truly believe to be the truth. I also post for the simple reason that I do actually care about the souls of my fellow human beings regardless of whether they call themselves Christians, Oneness, Trinitarians or non-Trinitarians, Adoptionists, Fallen away from the Faithists, Gnostics, Agnostics, or even Atheists. Not only that but I also do on occasion learn from others here and am not afraid to admit it. I hope you now have a better day for what remains of today. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
WonderfulLordJesus.

Can you imagine what the apostle Paul endured for the sake of the Gospel?

Preaching the Gospel to people that had never heard of Jesus Christ. How many times was he beaten and even left for dead?

How many times are we persecuted because of our faith in Christ?

Those of us who know and believe the Gospel are called to preach that Gospel to whoever will listen. If they won't listen that is their problem.

Epoisses

The mindless arguing you see on this site is really seed planting. We plant seeds and God gives the increase often years later.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's always striking how many people are on Christian message boards that don't believe the Bible, that contradict even clear scripture.
You don't and contradict scripture all the time.

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV and Ephesians 3:9 KJV is why I am here. Why are you here?

chair

thanks for the effort but does understanding come before or after not agreeing?

I can understand why somebody else thinks differently.
I think you are under the impression that if only people (for example, myself) would make the effort to understand your viewpoint, they will obviously agree with you. Since obviously your viewpoint is correct.

But your viewpoint is not necessarily correct. And they might think the same about you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I can understand why somebody else thinks differently.
I think you are under the impression that if only people (for example, myself) would make the effort to understand your viewpoint, they will obviously agree with you. Since obviously your viewpoint is correct.

But your viewpoint is not necessarily correct. And they might think the same about you.

agreement follows understanding

God's Truth

1 Timothy 6

Phillipians 2

Galatians 5

This post is really long and you are guilty of what you hate.

chair

I don't understand that

Let's try this: Imagine a professor of ancient history. Among other things, he studies ancient Greek religion and mythology. He can study these topics, and understand them, without worshiping Zeus or Apollo.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Let's try this: Imagine a professor of ancient history. Among other things, he studies ancient Greek religion and mythology. He can study these topics, and understand them, without worshiping Zeus or Apollo.

knowing and understanding are two different things
-I know blacks hate cops
-I don't understand it

chair

knowing and understanding are two different things
-I know blacks hate cops
-I don't understand it

Then time to learn. Ask some blacks. Read about it. And maybe you will understand it. And you do not have to hate cops to understand.

Can you understand that others have different traditions than yours?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then time to learn. Ask some blacks. Read about it. And maybe you will understand it. And you do not have to hate cops to understand.

Can you understand that others have different traditions than yours?

I don't have to ask them
-I have to listen to obama, sharpton, holder, etc continuously
-to use your example about ancient history
-I know they worshiped idols
-I understand their need for a higher power