New Zealand gunmen kill 49 people at two mosques

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There is more than enough gun control.
To accomplish what?

We reach a point where people just have to live with the fact that, in this world, people kill people; always have, always will.
If physicians had that attitude not long ago, in the scheme of things, we'd still have polio ravaging our ranks.

It happens. Move on and live your life.
Unless, of course, you happen to be in a church, or at a concert, or in a school where someone who loves that idea is about to open fire.

If we get wadded up over every bad thing that happens on the planet we will never be able to just live life.
And if we don't do the good we can do we'll get the world we ask for.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I invite anyone inclined to credit you to examine the rates I've noted and their objective certainty.

I did. :wave2:

"Objective certainty" was only available if we followed your lead in suppressing some data and promoting others.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To have a fair chance to defend the rights which the citizens of the USA enjoy against a government who has no respect for a citizen's civil rights.
If you think that gives you a chance against our armed forces then I don't know what to tell you.

Meanwhile, in the land of the non improbable or hypothetical, people are dying needlessly each year. At some point we will understand what every other Western Industrial Democracy does and act responsibly. Until then, it's the duty of those of us who see it to keep trying to move the margin toward sanity.

...for some reason, all of my posts failed. :noid:
Same old, same old then. :eek:

Jerry Shugart

If you think that gives you a chance against our armed forces then I don't know what to tell you.

There might be some from our armed forces who will join those who are fighting for liberty.

Meanwhile, in the land of the non improbable or hypothetical, people are dying needlessly each year.

After seeing the abuse of citizen's civil rights during the Obama administration it is not impossible or just hypothetical. Especially when the mainstream press does their best to cover-up those abuses.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
There is more than enough gun control. We reach a point where people just have to live with the fact that, in this world, people kill people; always have, always will. It happens. Move on and live your life. If we get wadded up over every bad thing that happens on the planet we will never be able to just live life.
`
Detroit Michigan averages at least 1 gun related homicide a day while Windsor Ontario Canada on the other side of the Ambassador Bridge went 26 months without a homicide!

The reality is that gun violence and mass shootings do not have to be accepted as an inevitable fact of life.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gun violence and mass shootings do not have to be accepted as an inevitable fact of life.

If we had leaders — or a system of government — who were willing to implement justice instead of reacting to violence by making criminals out of the general population, we might have a shot at cutting crime.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
There might be some from our armed forces who will join those who are fighting for liberty.
The Civil War settled that argument once and for all - no armed civilian insurrection, no matter how well led, can win a prolonged war against an military/industrial complex!

It was true in the 19thC, and its even more true in the 21stC.

After seeing the abuse of citizen's civil rights during the Obama administration it is not impossible or just hypothetical. Especially when the mainstream press does their best to cover-up those abuses.
Typical pro-Trump response - from a conservative "echo chamber" that is long on unsubstantiated accusations, but short on verifiable facts!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
If we had leaders — or a system of government — who were willing to implement justice instead of reacting to violence by making criminals out of the general population, we might have a shot at cutting crime.
Gun supporters are always searching for "scapegoats" rather than confront the central issue - the more guns that are in circulation in the private sector, the greater the chances of them falling into the wrong hands!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Gun supporters are always searching for "scapegoats" rather than confront the central issue - the more guns that are in circulation in the private sector, the greater the chances of them falling into the wrong hands!

How so?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The more guns that are in circulation in the private sector, the greater the chances of them falling into the wrong hands!
Liberals are always searching for "scapegoats" rather than confront the central issue. A lack of justice sends people off the deep end.
The Civil War settled that argument once and for all - no armed civilian insurrection, no matter how well led, can win a prolonged war against an military/industrial complex!
:darwinsm:

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
To accomplish what?

If physicians had that attitude not long ago, in the scheme of things, we'd still have polio ravaging our ranks.

Unless, of course, you happen to be in a church, or at a concert, or in a school where someone who loves that idea is about to open fire.

And if we don't do the good we can do we'll get the world we ask for.

I have to say that Town Heretic is a babbling brook, his response to me was absolutely nonsensical and ridiculous. Look at his responses to me for a moment and you will see why the Left cannot even be engaged:

I said: There is more than enough gun control.
TH responded: To accomplish what?

What does that even mean? I said that have more than enough gun control, as in regulations to make sure that things are safe and not misused, just like with cars and everything else. But a stack of regulations from here to the moon will never stop a person who is intent on misusing a device.

I said: We reach a point where people just have to live with the fact that, in this world, people kill people; always have, always will.
TH responded: If physicians had that attitude not long ago, in the scheme of things, we'd still have polio ravaging our ranks.

So he is comparing people dying of disease with the fact that murder happens? What sort of ignorance is this. I noted that in this world, people kill people; always have, always will. That's the truth, and you cannot stop it. What does that have to do with doctors searching for cures? That response made me wonder if this Town Hall bloke was missing a few cards from his deck.

I said: It happens (killing). Move on and live your life.
TH responded: Unless, of course, you happen to be in a church, or at a concert, or in a school where someone who loves that idea is about to open fire.

Again, TH has no context. I am talking about being worried about every single thing across the planet, and how that will just bog you down in life. He is talking about being right on the spot when something happens, an entirely different conversation. I am now wondering if this person is even on the same planet as the rest of us.

I said: If we get wadded up over every bad thing that happens on the planet we will never be able to just live life.
TH responded: And if we don't do the good we can do we'll get the world we ask for.

What? One more time: We HAVE done the good we can. That was the point of my post in the first place. I said that here is more than enough gun control. So we have done all the good we can. What TH proposes is NOT good. Strangling regulation and oppressive regulation and too many laws is never “good” and it is interesting that he thinks they are. We have enough. No law will stop what happened. If someone wants to kill people they will. Only a fool thinks that laws written in some capitol can stop that.

Jerry Shugart

Typical pro-Trump response - from a conservative "echo chamber" that is long on unsubstantiated accusations, but short on verifiable facts!

The facts will be coming out soon and I am sure you will be first in line to defend the attacks on the civil rights by those within the Obama administration. Can you spell F-I-S-A?

How well did the military/industrial complex do during the French revolution?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have to say that Town Heretic is a babbling brook, his response to me was absolutely nonsensical and ridiculous.
Then I'd have to say you might want your reading level looked into.

Look at his responses to me for a moment and you will see why the Left cannot even be engaged:
I'm still not left because I'm left of you.

I said: There is more than enough gun control.
TH responded: To accomplish what?

What does that even mean?
It means you have made a statement I take issue with and have. To simply declare there's enough of a thing isn't to say much more than, "No!" to any contrary position.

Worse, for you, it's a sword with two edges. For instance, there isn't "enough" gun control to put public safety remotely on the same footing as every other Western Industrial Democracy.

I said that have more than enough gun control, as in regulations to make sure that things are safe and not misused, just like with cars and everything else. But a stack of regulations from here to the moon will never stop a person who is intent on misusing a device.
Simply untrue if you mean enforced regulations. And there's ample evidence in every other Western Industrial Democracy.

I said: We reach a point where people just have to live with the fact that, in this world, people kill people; always have, always will.
TH responded: If physicians had that attitude not long ago, in the scheme of things, we'd still have polio ravaging our ranks.

So he is comparing people dying of disease with the fact that murder happens?
No, I'm saying and wrote that if doctors felt about diseases the way you feel about gun control we'd still be dying in droves from infection, to give you another example.

What sort of ignorance is this.
No sort at all, unless you're being reflective.

I noted that in this world, people kill people; always have, always will. That's the truth, and you cannot stop it. What does that have to do with doctors searching for cures? That response made me wonder if this Town Hall bloke was missing a few cards from his deck.
Supra.

I said: It happens (killing). Move on and live your life.
TH responded: Unless, of course, you happen to be in a church, or at a concert, or in a school where someone who loves that idea is about to open fire.

Again, TH has no context. I am talking about being worried about every single thing across the planet, and how that will just bog you down in life. He is talking about being right on the spot when something happens, an entirely different conversation. I am now wondering if this person is even on the same planet as the rest of us.
What I'm speaking to is the blaise attitude you take toward other people's suffering and how your part is largely to support the status quo, which invites its needless continuance.

I said: If we get wadded up over every bad thing that happens on the planet we will never be able to just live life.
TH responded: And if we don't do the good we can do we'll get the world we ask for.

What? One more time: We HAVE done the good we can.
Well, no, which is why we're so far behind every other Western Industrial Democracy in terms of public safety where guns are concerned.

That was the point of my post in the first place. I said that here is more than enough gun control.
Yes. You declared the heck out of your sentiment, but it was unsupported by reason or fact. So you didn't leave me much to work with.

So we have done all the good we can. What TH proposes is NOT good.
I propose laws that, where they have been enacted, have led to far safer conditions for the general populace. That is prima facie a public good. You defend the status quo, which is prima facie inferior as an instrument of that safety.

Strangling regulation and oppressive regulation and too many laws is never “good” and it is interesting that he thinks they are.
Any law strangles freedom. The question is, the freedom to accomplish what? And therein lies your problem and your part's deficiency.

We have enough. No law will stop what happened.
Rather, the right laws can make what happened much less likely and the people safer, as they are in every other Western Industrial Democracy.

If someone wants to kill people they will.
And yet, in places where laws restricting the guns and aids of the sort I'm speaking to exist the murder rates are appreciably lower and the mass shooting incidents lower still.

Only a fool thinks that laws written in some capitol can stop that.
Only a fool thinks the absence of good law is safety and the enactment of good law endangers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We might discover Bigfoot someday, but I think it's as likely as the tree of liberty scenario or it working in the favor of those opposing the armed forces.

Meanwhile, in the land of the here and now people are dying needlessly so that other people can play with a gun whose chief distinction is its ability to slaughter large numbers of human beings in moments.