Neg Rep Queens of TOL!

bybee

We have some neg rep queens on TOL! They treat any disagreement with them as a personal attack by stupid, unenlightened fools who do not understand the Bible.

And here I thought this was an open forum in which many views are encouraged so that not only is knowledge shared but the ability to challenge that which one finds problematic may be aired?
I have had my horizons stretched by people who are theologically much more knowledgeable than I. I don't always agree but my understanding has been enriched by them one way or the other.

I have been here many years now and I don't believe I have handed out more than 4 or 5 neg rep's in all that time.

Civil discourse may be had here with many of our enlightened, knowledgeable posters whose goal, it seems to me, is to spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ as He intended.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They do tire of it eventually if you ignore it

....I had a little back to back with shackles but I soon tired of it.

Usually I forget to choose the neg option so I end up giving a possi....not that I neg rep at all often.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're complaining about what? One neg rep? None of your other rep comments looked negative other than one. Is it possible that this "Neg Rep Queen" just disagreed with your post?

bybee

You're complaining about what? One neg rep? None of your other rep comments looked negative other than one. Is it possible that this "Neg Rep Queen" just disagreed with your post?

I'm making an observation. Your bias is duly noted.
I do not care about neg reps one way or the other. I have plenty of pos rep which I like to feel that I have earned.
I did not name names. Who did you have in mind?
I do not expect agreement in all that I have to say. Nor do I agree with all that others have to say.
But I do not give a neg rep when people disagree wit me!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm making an observation. Your bias is duly noted.
I do not care about neg reps one way or the other. I have plenty of pos rep which I like to feel that I have earned.
I did not name names. Who did you have in mind?
I do not expect agreement in all that I have to say. Nor do I agree with all that others have to say.
But I do not give a neg rep when people disagree wit me!

I checked your profile when I saw this thread, bybee. I have no bias, one way or the other.

I'm not going to name the person that left that comment because there was nothing wrong with the comment. It just looks like she disagreed with whatever you said. That's what neg reps were originally supposed to be about. When I use them (which is seldom, anymore), that's what I use them for.

Reactions: Lon

bybee

I checked your profile when I saw this thread, bybee. I have no bias, one way or the other.

I'm not going to name the person that left that comment because there was nothing wrong with the comment. It just looks like she disagreed with whatever you said. That's what neg reps were originally supposed to be about. When I use them (which is seldom, anymore), that's what I use them for.

I thought dialogue on the open forum was where we discussed our differences? The few neg rep's that I have issued were for blasphemy and/or filthiness.
Otherwise, I expect to have differences of opinion and enjoy the thoughtful responses that may enlighten me or even take me to task.
No need to neg rep someone who holds another opinion? However, one is free to do as one pleases.
Personally? I like to give pos rep as much as possible!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought dialogue on the open forum was where we discussed our differences? The few neg rep's that I have issued were for blasphemy and/or filthiness.

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. The few neg reps that I've given were done because openly discussing our differences of opinion did nothing but have the person I was disagreeing start calling me names.

Otherwise, I expect to have differences of opinion and enjoy the thoughtful responses that may enlighten me or even take me to task.
No need to neg rep someone who holds another opinion? However, one is free to do as one pleases.
Personally? I like to give pos rep as much as possible!

I know that I don't give neg reps because I don't like someone. Everytime that I've given one was because I didn't agree with the statement that I neg repped. That's it. It's been a long time since I've given regular reps, either negative or positive, because I realized that the rep system has become more of a game here. Every now and again, I give a rep. But, I give the rep that the comment deserves, whether negative or positive, either way.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been here many years now and I don't believe I have handed out more than 4 or 5 neg rep's in all that time.

Civil discourse may be had here with many of our enlightened, knowledgeable posters whose goal, it seems to me, is to spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ as He intended.

Eh, I complained several years ago about a terrible team of two who were ganging up and nothing happened. There really is not a set standard outside of "it's only permissible if I like the person".

Nowadays, I just put those on ignore who do nothing other than troll and neg rep.

Besides ... think of all the time they waste ranting ... and all the time saved by not reading their ridiculous little tirades. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have some neg rep queens on TOL!
m1240.gif

PureX

Thank you, bybee

:thumb:

I learn a lot from civil discourse and it is a pleasure reading those threads. When the attacks begin the thread is pretty much over.
Amen!

But it's not the neg-reppers that kill so many of these threads, it's those same few folks who bury every conversation in idiotic and pointless insults that kill them. There are several long-time TOLers who, once they find a thread, I know the thread is done for. Because no further reasonable conversation will be possible in the face of their onslaught of pointless, stupid insults and comments.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Amen!

But it's not the neg-reppers that kill so many of these threads, it's those same few folks who bury every conversation in idiotic and pointless insults, that kill them. There are several long-time TOLers who, once they find a thread, I know the thread is done for. Because no further reasonable conversation will be possible in the face of their onslaught of pointless, stupid insults and comments.

Well, for me, if they comment once, 'this thread is stupid' that is alright, but when they keep on, then it is not alright:)

PureX

Well, for me, if they comment once, 'this thread is stupid' that is alright, but when they keep on, then it is not alright:)
I don't really understand the, "this thread is stupid" comments, because, well, why bother posting that (the exception being to try and thwart "dozer's" endless onslaught of attention-seeking, of course ;) )? It's sort of like those threads where people tell us all they're leaving. Again, why bother? Just leave.

But there are a few regulars that contribute nothing but stupid personal insults and truly inane, baseless negative comments that despoil the interesting and informative conversations that happen, here, and kill the threads. Yet because they are expressing the bile of the 'in crowd', nothing is ever done about it. And it's sad because it really does spoil much of the more positive discussion and debate that happens here.