Muslims may not have to fight to conquer Europe

gcthomas

I am 100% in favor of learning about other religions. I do not see how participating in religious activities goes hand in hand with that. What if they were visiting a Hindu Temple? Should they participate in Hindu rituals?
The christian kids would have knelt and prayed to God, the muslim ones to Allah, while the non-theist ones could just chuckle to themselves as to how anyone could think that praying would have any effect on the world. Who says they were 'participating' as you claim? All I see is kids kneeling on some mats. :idunno:

Does separation of Church and State mean anything?
Not in Europe. The Church is deeply embedded in the fabric of many nations' political rigmarole and hence is usefully snuffed out as a power by its secular responsibilities. Our Constitutional Churches have no real power, so few care about it.

chair

Who says they were 'participating' as you claim? All I see is kids kneeling on some mats. :idunno:

I am astonished by your approach to this. Let's say there was the statue of a Hindu god at the end of the room. Would you still say the same?

gcthomas

I am astonished by your approach to this. Let's say there was the statue of a Hindu god at the end of the room. Would you still say the same?
Yes. What do you find hard to understand about my approach? The more everyone knows about everyone else's religions the better society will work. Showing children what the others do (and for young children it has to have a physical element) is not the same as proselytising (telling them it is true).

This Charming Manc

Id have no issue with my kids visiting and learning about other faiths, but I would have issues with them being encouraged to pray within a mosque.

there is a difference between understanding and participation. In the UK I think most faiths understand and respect those boundaries.

gcthomas

Id have no issue with my kids visiting and learning about other faiths, but I would have issues with them being encouraged to pray within a mosque.

there is a difference between understanding and participation. In the UK I think most faiths understand and respect those boundaries.

What were the kids participating in? I see no Imam officiating , just teachers and kids both male and female mixed together.
Islam requires segregation of the sexes, so no Islamic activity is going on in the photo.

Just a visit and a trying out of the prayer mats.

chair

What were the kids participating in? I see no Imam officiating , just teachers and kids both male and female mixed together.
Islam requires segregation of the sexes, so no Islamic activity is going on in the photo.

If they visit a synagogue, would you think they should try out phylacteries? Should they try out arti when visiting a temple of Krishna?

I think is extremely important to learn about other peoples. But imitating their rituals is taking it too far. It also can put a huge amount of pressure on children whose own traditions prohibit such activities- even if they are officially not required to participate.

This Charming Manc

From a secularists point of view I cans ee where you are coming from.

From a christian point of view and wanting to avoid idolatry at all costs that is where the issue comes from.

I can understand fully why parents of other faiths would not want there children being walked through aspects of christian worship in a participatory manner, I would expect the same respect to be shown to my children.

For people of faith participation in worships of other forms of religion is a line I would be very unhappy for state education to cross.

musterion

I have serious doubts the ladies visible in the picture are the ones who taught the kids to put their foreheads on the floor. I'll bet the photo is cropped, or was very carefully shot, to exclude a Muslim just out of view who was leading by example.

brewmama

I have serious doubts the ladies visible in the picture are the ones who taught the kids to put their foreheads on the floor. I'll bet the photo is cropped, or was very carefully shot, to exclude a Muslim just out of view who was leading by example.

That seems likely.

The Berean

From a secularists point of view I cans ee where you are coming from.

From a christian point of view and wanting to avoid idolatry at all costs that is where the issue comes from.

I can understand fully why parents of other faiths would not want there children being walked through aspects of christian worship in a participatory manner, I would expect the same respect to be shown to my children.

For people of faith participation in worships of other forms of religion is a line I would be very unhappy for state education to cross.

I agree with this 100%. Learning about Islam is fine but I would never allow a child of mine to visit a mosque and pray in a Muslim fashion, which I consider a false religion.

brewmama

Europe still refuses to learn...

"The parents of 15 year old Lithuanian boy Arminas Pileckas have blasted Sweden and the Swedish media for cowardice in the face of the migrant threat, and for covering up the murder of their son.

Arminas Pileckas, a native of northern European state Lithuania was living in Sweden with his parents when he was brutally murdered on Monday by an “Arab” — reportedly Syrian — migrant classmate.

It is reported that Arminas intervened to protect a female school-mate from being sexually assaulted in December, only to have the Syrian he defended her from stab him in the back and through the heart on the first day of the next term.

While the killing of a European on his first day back at school by a migrant pupil has received minimal press coverage in Sweden, it has been practically ignored across the rest of Europe, a state of affairs his father has called a ‘cover-up’."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...e-was-protecting-young-girl-from-sex-assault/

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Muslims may not have to fight to conquer Europe

Europe was originally settled by people coming from the Near East!

musterion

Nope, no politically motivated enforced conspiracy of silence here at all. What an absurd notion.

As Peter Ågren, police chief in central Stockholm, put it: “Sometimes we do not dare to say how things really are because we believe it will play into the hands of the Sweden Democrats.” As we now know, police officers in Stockholm are instructed not to reveal the ethnicity or nationality of any suspects lest they be accused of racism.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/01/swedens-immigration-cover-up.php