Men's *Choice* ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread is to focus on the side of the abortion debate that is rarely acknowledged.

Men's Rights and Views on Abortion and Parenting.

My own view (on the basis that abortion IS currently allowed) is that father's should have the right to deny the abortion of their unborn child. Because I am anti-abortion without exception, the right of a father to demand a mother abort their child would, of course, continue to be denied.

In the case where the father is willing to love and raise the child and mother is not, he should be allowed sole physical and legal custody of the child. In cases where the father is unwilling to BE a father, instead of being ordered to pay support, he should sign a legal agreement to forfeit his parental rights.

Please feel free to add other considerations that are pertinent to the discussion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This thread is to focus on the side of the abortion debate that is rarely acknowledged.

Men's Rights and Views on Abortion and Parenting.

My own view (on the basis that abortion IS currently allowed) is that father's should have the right to deny the abortion of their unborn child. Because I am anti-abortion without exception, the right of a father to demand a mother abort their child would, of course, continue to be denied.

In the case where the father is willing to love and raise the child and mother is not, he should be allowed sole physical and legal custody of the child. In cases where the father is unwilling to BE a father, instead of being ordered to pay support, he should sign a legal agreement to forfeit his parental rights.

Please feel free to add other considerations that are pertinent to the discussion.

I don't disagree with anything you said, in the case of a man being willing to love and care for the baby but not the woman, she can unfortunately abort without the father's permission I assume because it's her body. I'll never forget the time I had a girlfriend that lied about being pregnant and wanted abortion money from me. I believed it and insisted that we discuss our baby before she did anything, she was a liar.

genuineoriginal

What about a married couple where the father wants the child and the mother wants to kill her unborn children or the mother wants the child and the father does not?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't disagree with anything you said, in the case of a man being willing to love and care for the baby but not the woman, she can unfortunately abort without the father's permission I assume because it's her body.

Which of course, I disagree ... considering it is also the child's body ... and the man contributed 50 percent of his DNA to the new creation.

I'll never forget the time I had a girlfriend that lied about being pregnant and wanted abortion money from me. I believed it and insisted that we discuss our baby before she did anything, she was a liar.

I am sorry you went through that, Patrick. She showed herself as having no class or character.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about a married couple where the father wants the child and the mother wants to kill her unborn children or the mother wants the child and the father does not?

Well ... if I were dictator ... the mother would be denied the rights and ability to kill her unborn child, and the father would receive custody. IF the father wished to kill his unborn baby, of course he would be denied the right. In cases where the couple is married, most likely it would cause the marriage to break up. Personally speaking, I certainly wouldn't wish to be with a man who demanded that I end a pregnancy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There should be laws for fathers to protect their choice and rights which is 50%. There should be a law that both parents must approve before an abortion can even be done.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There should be laws for fathers to protect their choice and rights which is 50%. There should be a law that both parents must approve before an abortion can even be done.

With the exception of either parent being unfit, I agree. I also agree that a father's consent should be required ... though the ultimate goal is to make abortion illegal and take THAT *choice* off the table.

genuineoriginal

There should be a law that both parents must approve before an abortion can even be done.

'Any "pro-life" law that ends with, "and then you can kill the baby" is compromised incrementalism, and undermines the very hope of saving children in that it furthers the public belief that the government can legitimately authorize the intentional killing of an innocent child.'
~ Bob Enyart
source

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
'Any "pro-life" law that ends with, "and then you can kill the baby" is compromised incrementalism, and undermines the very hope of saving children in that it furthers the public belief that the government can legitimately authorize the intentional killing of an innocent child.'
~ Bob Enyart
source

Agreed ... and my reason for the OP was more about recognizing that abortion is a MEN'S issue every bit as much as a women's issue. The solution would be to ban ALL abortions. However, that isn't the case.

Another aspect includes the prevention of pregnancy ... which is also a men's issue.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
~ Bob Enyart
source
That's my goal too, I'm just saying in the meantime. It should be as difficult as possible to get done until it is banned.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
~ Bob Enyart
source
Amen.

Baby killers are everywhere.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nobody that is anti-abortion without exception would ever vote for a democrat. Lying hypocrite...

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well ... if I were dictator ... the mother would be denied the rights and ability to kill her unborn child, and the father would receive custody. IF the father wished to kill his unborn baby, of course he would be denied the right.
Yep.
The last thing we want to do it give another person (the father) a legal right to murder their child.

But you gotta wonder if there would be more abortions if it was the fathers getting pregnant.
To put it bluntly ..... would more men chose abortion if they were the ones that got pregnant, than women do?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Throw a stone at a pack of dogs. The one that yelps is the one that got hit.

Turbo 3:16

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.
The last thing we want to do it give another person (the father) a legal right to murder their child.

But you gotta wonder if there would be more abortions if it was the fathers getting pregnant.
To put it bluntly ..... would more men chose abortion if they were the ones that got pregnant, than women do?

That's a distinct possibility ...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's a distinct possibility ...
I know it's pointless, cause that's not the way it goes.

But let's say that we take that right (to choose to abort) completely away from mothers, and give the decision to the fathers only.
Would there be less abortions, or more?
Considering that the majority of abortions are done by the unwed, I'm not sure it would unrealistic to assume that there would be more men wanting the pregnancy to go away than women.