Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Thats the promise of scripture pertaining to the Jesus of scripture. Now the religious world, who knows not God or this Jesus Christ whom He has sent Jn 17:3, they do not believe this promise, for they deceitfully tell us, that those He came to save, that their Saving was only made possible, and that its not a sure thing as the word SHALL would have us to believe !

That word Shall means Indeed ! It also puts the word save in the future indicative, which means:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

That He shall save His People from their sins is a Fact ! See Christ came to and did provide them [His People] with complete deliverance from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

He delivered them from their condemnation from sin incurred Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

He saved them from this present evil world, all according to the will of God Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5b

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5b

This means deliverance from the satanic system that governs this world, even its religions, for remember Paul of believers that they once Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

But Glory to God, Christ saves His People out of that sinful worldly walk or course.

The word deliver in Gal 1:4 is the greek word exaireō and means:

I.to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

II.to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

III.to rescue, deliver

Even the idea of Election is present, To select one or some from the many ! To rescue, to cause to be rescued Acts 7:34

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

Those Christ gave Himself for, they are rescued, delivered, plucked out of this evil world, which is what was Promised in Matt 1:21 !

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 6

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 6

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now who are the " HIS PEOPLE " in this text, that its promised to and of them, That JESUS Shall Save them from their sins ?

Now multitudes of deceived humanity would have us believe that these refer to ethni jews of national israel, that is Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but that is a lie, for theyare not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[national israel of Rom 9:6] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The israel comprised of the physical descendants of Abraham over in the middle east are no more the Children of God as the Africans in Nigeria are, or the Orientals or Indians, or the Russians, In fact none can claim to be His People based upon the flesh/ethnicity, for that would be God showing respect of Persons, but they are His People by being His Possessions, He has been given them as His Own Possession.

Remember when Jesus said of His Other Sheep this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word have here is very enlightening, its the greek word echó:

I have, hold, possess. to have as belonging to one; have as property; own:

They are His Inheritance, look at Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

This Promise is linked to the Resurrection of Christ, Vs 7 indicates that by the words " Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

Cp Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Those Heathen are given to Him as His Inheritance, His People, They are the same He says of in Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Yes these given in Jn 6:37 are those given from Ps 2:8, and these heathen are more than less describing men by nature, all the Sheep are by nature enemies and foes, even barbarians, strangers to the True God and His True Religion and Worship, and it can apply to both jew and Gentile by nature !

John Gill writes of Ps 2:8

Ask of me,.... Jehovah is either here again introduced speaking, or these words are a continuation of the Son's account of what his Father said unto him; which do not suppose any superiority in the one, or inferiority in the other; but are only expressive of the Father's great respect and affection for his Son, as such a way of speaking among men shows, Esther 5:3; and of the great interest the Son had in his Father, who could ask nothing but he had it; and shows the perfect harmony, agreement, and unity between them: see 1 Kings 3:5; Christ, in the council and covenant of grace and peace, asked many things of his Father, which were granted; he asked for the persons of all the elect to be his bride and spouse, and his heart's desire was given him, and the request of his lips was not withheld from him: he asked for all the blessings of grace for them; for spiritual life here, and eternal life hereafter; and all were given him, and put into his hands for them, Psalm 20:2; and here it is promised him,

and I shall give thee the Heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession; by "the Heathen", and "the uttermost parts of the earth", are meant God's elect among the Gentiles, and who live in the distant parts of the world; which are Christ's other sheep, the Father has given to him as his portion, and whom he has made his care and charge: as if it was not enough that he should be King of Zion, or have the government over his chosen ones among the Jews, he commits into his hands the Gentiles also; see Isaiah 49:6; and these are given him as his inheritance and possession, as his portion, to be enjoyed by him; and who esteems them as such, and reckons them a goodly heritage, and a peculiar treasure, his jewels, and the apple of his eye. These words respect the calling of the Gentiles under the Gospel dispensation; and the amplitude of Christ's kingdom in all the earth, which shall be from sea to sea, and from the rivers to the ends of the earth.

Thats why His People in Matt 1:21 does include Gentiles, Gentiles Given Him as His Possession according to Ps 2:8 and Jn 10:16 !

beloved57

He shall see His Seed !

He shall see His Seed !

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This His Seed is a Seed that Belongs to Christ, Yes Christ has a Seed or offspring, descendants, children and they are those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4; They were given to Him as a Spiritual Seed, just as they were given to adam as a physical, natural seed; and they were Christ's Seed prior to being Adam's, for Christ has the preeminence in all things Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Now as His Seed, they shall have the Spirit poured out upon them as the fulfillment of this Promise Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This is why Christ at His Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He was given the Spirit of Promise to pour upon His Spiritual Offspring that He died for Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Paul realizes this here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

That word shed also means to pour ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Thats what Isa 44:3 foretold

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Pouring of the Spirit on them also saves them Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

So in order for Matt 1:21 to be complete, to save His People from their sins, this aspect of must also some to pass, the Regenerating Operations of the Spirit must also save them through the Work of Christ ! He saves His People, Seed from their sins !

beloved57

His People are His Portion !

His People are His Portion !

Again, who are His People that its Promised He shall save from their sins ? Many ignorantly think it to be the jews, the physical seed of Abraham, yet that is a delusion, however they are His Portion:

Deut 32:9

For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Thats who Jesus People are, His Portion, His Inheritance !

hence portion, i.e. (acquired) possession:

David writes of these here Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

They are the Church Redeemed Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is the greek word periousios:

costly, treasured, select, specially chosen.

of one's own possession

that which is one's own, belongs to one's possessions,

a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession, Titus 2:14

Thats the same as Deut 32:9 ! Its the Church ! Thats the " His People He shall save from their sins " or Redeem from all iniquity Titus 2:14, thats the same thing !

Nanja

Matt 1:21 #1

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

notice vs

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

In Jn 15:13 we read this:

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

2 Chron 20:7

7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

Isa 41:8

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

James 2:23

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

I was led to start right at the beginning of this thread and continue to the end until finished.
I found that this excellent post #1 contains answers to many questions that forum members
have on this issue, about who it is that Christ came to save and why: It shows, according
to the Scriptures, why Christ certainly did not come to save the devils children, the tares!

The Lord Bless You!

~~~~~

beloved57

I was led to start right at the beginning of this thread and continue to the end until finished.
I found that this excellent post #1 contains answers to many questions that forum members
have on this issue, about who it is that Christ came to save and why: It shows, according
to the Scriptures, why Christ certainly did not come to save the devils children, the tares!

The Lord Bless You!

~~~~~

May the Lord continue His steadfast love to you!

beloved57

The consequences of their sins !

The consequences of their sins !

Within the Promise that Jesus shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

That word from the prep apo means:

from, away from.

of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed;

Christ shall and did save His People from all the penal consequences of their sins. This would include but not limited to spiritual death, which is a consequence of their sins !

God warned Man in Adam that in the day that he ate from the forbidden Tree, that he would surely die Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This brought about also spiritual death to God, whereby all men as a consequence of sin are born alienated from the Life of God, thats death , spiritual seperation from God Eph 4:18; Col 1:21, and so for Jesus to be faithful to what it is stated He shall do for His People in saving them from their sins, He must save them from all the negative consequences of their sin/sins which includes spiritual death, they must be made alive by Him 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening the verb ζῳοποιέω:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

So its translated appropriately

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.ASV

He causes them that were spiritually dead to God, to live to God, hence reversing the dreadful consequences of their sins, spiritual death ! If that does not occur for each and everyone Christ died for, then we may conclude that Matt 1:21 is a False Testimony to what Christ shall do !

Nanja

beloved57;2764257 #9 said:
The Angel announced clearly what the Purpose was that occasion Christ to be born into this world as a Saviour. Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Lk 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

That was His work that He came to do. to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Jn 6:39-40

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now in anticipation of His Finished work, that is to seek and to save that which was Lost, Jesus states Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work that The Father gave Him to do ? Well read again Matt 1:21; Lk 2:11; Lk 19:10; Jn 6:39-40

It was to save all the Father had given Him to save, to seek and to save that which was Lost.

Christ said, I have finished that work Jn 17:4

He states it again here Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What was finished ? He saved by His work of the Cross all whom the Father willed to be saved ! All that He came to seek and to save that were Lost, He sought them, found them, and Saved them, It is finished..

Now if there is one soul that the Father desired to be saved that was Lost, not saved, then Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do, and He lied when He said His work was finished.

Amen, excellent post!

So then, all those who insist that Christ died for all of mankind,
but that not all of mankind will be saved, because they say some have
rejected Christ of their own freewill, they are calling Christ a liar.

For He said His Work was finished John 17:4.

The Father's will is that ALL He had given to the Son John 6:39; Eph, 1:4,
that the Son would not lose them, but He would seek and save them Luke 19:10.

The same ALL is spoken of in:

1 Tim. 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Christ successfully accomplished the Work that The Father gave Him to do,
according to His Perfect Will John 6:39-40; John 19:30.

~~~~~

oatmeal

What God had Jesus do to save his people was sufficient to save any and all who choose to believe.

God called, some answered.

God, wisely using his foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe God. He chose them, He marked them out beforehand for himself, KJV English, is predestinated, a poor choice.

I do not have that list of people that God chose.

But God does. He wants that all men be saved, I Timothy 2:4, but not all men will choose Him. He already knows that.

beloved57

What God had Jesus do to save his people was sufficient to save any and all who choose to believe.

God called, some answered.

God, wisely using his foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe God. He chose them, He marked them out beforehand for himself, KJV English, is predestinated, a poor choice.

I do not have that list of people that God chose.

But God does. He wants that all men be saved, I Timothy 2:4, but not all men will choose Him. He already knows that.

Invalid comments and evasive from the points made in the post !

beloved57

nanja

So then, all those who insist that Christ died for all of mankind,
but that not all of mankind will be saved, because they say some have
rejected Christ of their own freewill, they are calling Christ a liar.

Yes, and they are calling Christ a Failure. You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Nanja

nanja

Yes, and they are calling Christ a Failure. You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Yes, they are calling Christ a Failure, too!

beloved57
You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Yes, I understand, they are the same "all" given to Christ by The Father.

Nanja
The Father's will is that all He had given to the Son John 6:39; Eph, 1:4,
that the Son would not lose them, but He would seek and save them Luke 19:10.

The same all is spoken of in:

1 Tim. 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Christ successfully accomplished the Work that The Father gave Him to do,
according to His Perfect Will
John 6:39-40; John 19:30.

~~~~~

beloved57

His People is His Church that He came to redeem !

His People is His Church that He came to redeem !

Ps 111:9

He sent redemption/liberation unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

The same is stated of the NT Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem/liberate us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people of His Own Possession, zealous of good works.

Which again speaks of the Church that He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

God sends redemption unto His People the Church foundationed upon the Everlasting Covenant confirmed in Christ its Surety, so His People are redeemed by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20, known also as the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many[My People] for the remission of sins.