Man Complains that NBC Changed Logo "with the colors of the gays"

Buzzword

Because at this point the bigots are just reaching.

Americans celebrated a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that effectively legalized same-sex marriage with a dazzling array of rainbow-hued displays – from the White House to social media profile pictures.

However, not everyone enjoyed the celebration – or understood who was actually celebrating.

One Facebook user admonished his local NBC affiliate for changing its station’s peacock logo to rainbow colors.

“Your changing your station logo with the colors of gays is a disgrace,” complained Facebook user Don Stair. “Just stay out of it… Your integrity is ruined… ABC KATV is my choice in the future for all Little Rock station viewing… Shame on you!”

The station told Stair that the logo had never changed.

“We didn’t change our logo Don,” the station replied. “Same logo as always.”

Angry man complains that local NBC station changed its peacock logo to ‘the colors of gays’

GFR7

If he was going to complain about something, it should have been the White House decked out in rainbow lights. You need not be a bigot to find that disturbing:

From First Things, yesterday's piece:

• It would not be proper to light up the White House in the colors of our nation's flag when we celebrate our nation's birthday later this week. (It inherently represents what is great about our country and nearly everyone who see it for the first time feels that very reality.)
  • It would be improper to flood it in pink hues to call us all to Breast Cancer Awareness.
  • It would be improper to use the nobility of the White House to celebrate if Congress passed a law that would wipe out our nation's hunger problem without adding a cent to our national debt.
  • It would be wrong to illuminate it to remind us all of Missing Children Day (May 25th, by the way).
  • It would not be proper to celebrate a cure for cancer.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2015/07/rainbow-white-house

Quetzal

If he was going to complain about something, it should have been the White House decked out in rainbow lights. You need not be a bigot to find that disturbing:

From First Things, yesterday's piece:

• It would not be proper to light up the White House in the colors of our nation's flag when we celebrate our nation's birthday later this week. (It inherently represents what is great about our country and nearly everyone who see it for the first time feels that very reality.)
  • It would be improper to flood it in pink hues to call us all to Breast Cancer Awareness.
  • It would be improper to use the nobility of the White House to celebrate if Congress passed a law that would wipe out our nation's hunger problem without adding a cent to our national debt.
  • It would be wrong to illuminate it to remind us all of Missing Children Day (May 25th, by the way).
  • It would not be proper to celebrate a cure for cancer.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2015/07/rainbow-white-house
I think you are actively searching for things to be upset about.

GFR7

I think you are actively searching for things to be upset about.
No, many people were offended; it's a valid complaint.

I've never seen the White House lit up for any other cause (as the author points out, Breast Cancer Awareness, Missing Children's Day have not been done, nor should they ).

Nor in the past for civil rights advances via SCOTUS rulings.

I wonder why only this one, which represents the rights of at most 1.6 - 3 % of the population? :think:

Jose Fly

So now every time these fundamentalists see a rainbow, they get angry. That's hilarious. :rotfl:

rexlunae

No, many people were offended; it's a valid complaint.

I've never seen the White House lit up for any other cause (as the author points out, Breast Cancer Awareness, Missing Children's Day have not been done, nor should they ).

Nor in the past for civil rights advances via SCOTUS rulings.

I wonder why only this one, which represents the rights of at most 1.6 - 3 % of the population? :think:

I'm sure if you're ever President, they'll let you make up and enforce any number of dumb rules. Not your time, not your call.

Oh, and it has actually gone pink for breast cancer awareness. That just isn't the hobby horse you care to ride, so you never even noticed.

p100112sh-0021.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure if you're ever President, they'll let you make up and enforce any number of dumb rules. Not your time, not your call.

Oh, and it has actually gone pink for breast cancer awareness. That just isn't the hobby horse you care to ride, so you never even noticed.

p100112sh-0021.jpg

That's awesome. :thumb:

Jose Fly

:rotfl:

That's a twist they never saw coming.

I actually have fundamentalist relatives who've been saying that Christianity owns the rainbow, and gays have no right to use it. When I point out that the Noah story is actually Jewish, they kinda change the subject.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I actually have fundamentalist relatives who've been saying that Christianity owns the rainbow, and gays have no right to use it. When I point out that the Noah story is actually Jewish, they kinda change the subject.

:rotfl:

And I'm putting in my bid for the moon later this afternoon.

GFR7

p100112sh-0021.jpg
I think it's still wrong. And no men's diseases, such as prostate cancer? Anything for blacks? So much for equality........

rexlunae

I think it's still wrong.

How convenient for you. Gives you something to complain about without looking like even more of a homophobe.

And no men's diseases, such as prostate cancer? Anything for blacks? So much for equality........

What's the color for prostate-cancer awareness month? Maybe they'll do it sometime.

If you can figure out a way to light up the White House black....other than electing a black man to sit in it....let me know.

GFR7

How convenient for you. Gives you something to complain about without looking like even more of a homophobe.

What's the color for prostate-cancer awareness month? Maybe they'll do it sometime.

If you can figure out a way to light up the White House black....other than electing a black man to sit in it....let me know.

11702669_10155955102515019_6824272651795288750_n.jpg

genuineoriginal

So now every time these fundamentalists see a rainbow, they get angry. That's hilarious. :rotfl:

article-2567022-1BCBEA4200000578-709_634x286.jpg

Genesis 9:8-17
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

The rainbow was given by God as a sign of His oath to never destroy the earth again with a flood, no matter how wicked the inhabitants become.

However, the rainbow is merely a symbol of God's oath that a flood would not be used the next time He destroys the earth. The next time will be with fire.

2 Peter 3:10-12
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?​

Jose Fly

article-2567022-1BCBEA4200000578-709_634x286.jpg

Genesis 9:8-17
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

The rainbow was given by God as a sign of His oath to never destroy the earth again with a flood, no matter how wicked the inhabitants become.

However, the rainbow is merely a symbol of God's oath that a flood would not be used the next time He destroys the earth. The next time will be with fire.

2 Peter 3:10-12
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?​

Sorry, but Iris is the Goddess of the rainbow. :p