ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who are these MADs you are talking about; then?

I know I don't hold those two passages as referring to two different comings.

You are a ditz.
The preterist Darby hater does that over and over again.
Sets up a strawman to attack.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No joke folks, that's how preterist Darby haters interpret scripture.

You have been blinded by Dispensationalism.

The events described in the Revelation pertaining to the attack on Jerusalem were fulfilled 66AD - 70AD.

Example:

The prophecy: Great hail(white), every stone weighs about a talent:

(Rev 16:21 KJV) 1 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

The fulfillment:

"...Now, the stones that were cast were of the weight of a talent, and were carried two furlongs and farther. ...As for the Jews, they at first watched the coming of the stone, for it was of a white color, and could therefore not only be perceived by the great noise it made, but could be seen also before it came by its brightness;" - Josephus, Book 5, Chapter 6

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The preterist Darby hater does that over and over again.
Sets up a strawman to attack.

Nope, no strawman. I started a thread on it a few years ago.

STP, and many other MADists claim the phrase "coming of the Lord" refers to two different events in Thessalonians.

If you believe every time the phrase "coming of the Lord" in 1 & 2 Thessalonians refers to one event (rapture), then you're going to have a hard time defending your Dispensationalism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't live in denial. My belief system can't be traced to one man like your's can.

Only Darby followers such as yourself deny that Darby invented Dispensationalism.

Why are you so embarrassed of the truth Tam?

Dispensationalism was created by God in Christ and delivered first to Paul

whitestone

You have been blinded by Dispensationalism.

The events described in the Revelation pertaining to the attack on Jerusalem were fulfilled 66AD - 70AD.

Example:

The prophecy: Great hail(white), every stone weighs about a talent:

(Rev 16:21 KJV) 1 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

The fulfillment:

"...Now, the stones that were cast were of the weight of a talent, and were carried two furlongs and farther. ...As for the Jews, they at first watched the coming of the stone, for it was of a white color, and could therefore not only be perceived by the great noise it made, but could be seen also before it came by its brightness;" - Josephus, Book 5, Chapter 6

umm,,you know that at first they were white in color and that the groups inside the walls set aside their differences and stood at the walls and announced that they were coming because they were white in color(saw them coming and dodged them) and so since they were of no effect Titus had them painted black to keep them from seeing them.you should hope no one actually reads and researches what your trying to leave off.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How Titus called down fire from heaven in AD70 and fulfilled Revelation 13:13-15.

Under Titus’ command the 12th Legion aided in the burning of Jerusalem and its temple in A.D. 70. The emblem of the 12th Legion is a lightning bolt—
fire from heaven.

legio-12-2-.jpg

I kid you not.
This is the lengths a preterist Darby hater will go in order to defend his pet false doctrine.

Danoh

ROFL!
If we used the tactic of preterist Darby haters, we could defend anything just by spiritualizing any ol' detail of the bible we wish.
Like saying the fire that came down from heaven was fulfilled by the roman army because a Roman emperor.had a lightning bolt symbol.
No joke folks, that's how preterist Darby haters interpret scripture.

Actually, its that bolt of lightning on that cartoon super hero's chest: The Flash.

It has to be - The Flash moves "quickly."

And even Paul mentions "in a moment; in the twinkling of an eye."

So there.

Danoh

STP, and other MADists have made the claim that "the coming of the Lord" phrase in Thessalonians refers to two different events. STP's defense was "context".

Danoh then said he didn't believe they referred to two different events. I asked him which event (rapture or second coming) they referred to, and he then refused to answer the question.

It's impossible to defend the false teachings of Darby.

Reading into my words again, I see :chuckle:

Your day is a mess - good.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, its that bolt of lightning on that cartoon super hero's chest: The Flash.

It has to be - The Flash moves "quickly."

And even Paul mentions "in a moment; in the twinkling of an eye."

So there.
Easy peasy to write fiction, isn't it.
Preterist Darby haters just love to turn scripture into fictitious mess.
And they really don't care how absurd their fiction is, just as long as it fits their preconceived man-made theology.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"The Parousia"

1Co 16:17 I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.

2Co 7:6 Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;
2Co 7:7 And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.

Php 1:26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

These verses are all referring to the same event. Context doesn't matter.

:dizzy:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"The Parousia"

1Co 16:17 I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.

2Co 7:6 Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;
2Co 7:7 And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.

Php 1:26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

These verses are all referring to the same event. Context doesn't matter.

:dizzy:
Wacky world indeed!

whitestone

Here is the exact text Tet is quoting and trying to match to rev. 16:21 KJV ,,,it is in Josephus/wars book 5 chapter 6. If you go down to the third paragraph the result of those stones were of no affect they saw them coming and cried "THE STONE COMETH". They could both see and hear them coming and were not afraid of them and it does not fulfill Revelation 16:21 KJV . If there are any following along who are not sure here is the text so you can compare it and decide who is stretching the truth. http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/josephus/war-5.htm

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is the exact text Tet is quoting and trying to match to rev. 16:21 KJV ,,,it is in Josephus/wars book 5 chapter 6. If you go down to the third paragraph the result of those stones were of no affect they saw them coming and cried "THE STONE COMETH". They could both see and hear them coming and were not afraid of them and it does not fulfill Revelation 16:21 KJV . If there are any following along who are not sure here is the text so you can compare it and decide who is stretching the truth. http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/josephus/war-5.htm

your link didn't work for me