Made Alive Together with Christ

Samie

Genesis 2

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die
.”

Welcome to TOL. We have another non-Bible believing fraud.
Why not try addressing the issue instead of resorting to ad hominem, Nick?

Again, you are saying that while separate from Christ, man can do SOMETHING: he can hear and believe. On the other hand, Christ said that while separate from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

I think I'd rather believe in what our Savior said and be called by you as a non-Bible believing fraud.

Samie

Cain heard God, could have believed and obeyed, decided not to.
Then Cain was spiritually alive, otherwise how could have he heard and decided to disobey God?

Yet you continue to evade to directly address this issue of how the dead are able to hear and decide.

Cain's decision of not overcoming evil with good made him a candidate for blotting out from the book of life, because being spiritually alive, he could have decided to overcome evil, but he decided otherwise. And only overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5).

God's Truth

Was the person already spiritually alive when he heard the gospel?

If no, then how was he able to hear while yet dead?

If Yes, then he was already spiritually alive when he heard it.

So, when was he made spiritually alive?

The scripture which says we were dead---that is about the GENTILES. The Gentiles, not the Jews, were dead in their sins. The Jews had the ceremonial works to justify themselves before God. The Jews had the ceremonial works to make themselves clean, just so they could go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

Read these scriptures carefully:

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read how the scripture says uncircumcision of your flesh? That is about the Gentiles.

The Gentiles did not do the ceremonial works, they were without God and Christ in the world, they are the ones who were dead in their sins.

To the Gentiles---

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

God saved us while we were still UNCIRCUMCISED enemies.

That means God did NOT command us to get circumcised in the flesh before Jesus would save us.

beloved57

The scripture which says we were dead---that is about the GENTILES. The Gentiles, not the Jews, were dead in their sins. The Jews had the ceremonial works to justify themselves before God. The Jews had the ceremonial works to make themselves clean, just so they could go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

Read these scriptures carefully:

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read how the scripture says uncircumcision of your flesh? That is about the Gentiles.

The Gentiles did not do the ceremonial works, they were without God and Christ in the world, they are the ones who were dead in their sins.

To the Gentiles---

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

God saved us while we were still UNCIRCUMCISED enemies.

That means God did NOT command us to get circumcised in the flesh before Jesus would save us.

Invalid comments not supported by scriptures!

God's Truth

So when were you made spiritually alive, BEFORE or AFTER you believed?

Did you read my other posts in this thread? What do you think about what I said?

The scriptures say we are not just flesh we are flesh and spirit.

There are those that only think about pleasing their flesh, and there are those that want more out of this life.

Those that want more out of this life might hear the gospel and want to be saved.

When someone hears the gospel, they hear about Jesus, and how he died for our sins.

They repent of their sins, and call on Jesus to help them.

When Jesus saves them, he gives them the Holy Spirit, the Spirit Helps and Comforts.

When we obey Jesus' teachings, it gives life to our spirit.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

beloved57

Did you read my other posts in this thread? What do you think about what I said?

There are those that only think about pleasing their flesh, and there are those that want more out of this life.

Those that want more out of this life might hear the gospel and want to be saved.

When someone hears the gospel, they hear about Jesus, and how he died for our sins.

When Jesus saves them, he gives them the Holy Spirit, the Spirit Helps and Comforts.

Those in the flesh, which are all men by nature, cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Samie

Could you simply answer my question, please brother?

When were you made spiritually alive: BEFORE or AFTER you believed?

Thanks in advance for responding either with BEFORE or AFTER plus some explanations you want to give.

God's Truth

Could you simply answer my question, please brother?

When were you made spiritually alive: BEFORE or AFTER you believed?

Thanks in advance for responding either with BEFORE or AFTER plus some explanations you want to give.

I explained it to you in my other post.

Our spirits do not die. Some people's spirits are so into pleasing their flesh it is all they know.

When we are saved, our spirits become more alive as we live through Jesus' Spirit.

We live through Jesus' Spirit and Jesus lives through us by our living the way he says to live.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why not try addressing the issue instead of resorting to ad hominem, Nick?

I did address it, you lying heathen. :) How long will you go on perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

Genesis 2

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die
.”