Made Alive Together with Christ

Bradley D

I would say after one believes.

"(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified)" (John 7:39).

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13).

Nanja

Sure it does - after that ye believed, ye were sealed . . .

Ye illiterate one

Eph. 1:13 isn't a freewill formula for getting oneself saved as false religion teaches.

Being made Spiritually Alive, Born of the Spirit 1 Pet. 1:23, is a prerequisite
for hearing the Gospel Prov. 20:12, the Word of God, which is Spiritual:

John 8:43, 47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Only Christ's Sheep shall hear His Voice John 10:16, 27 as evidence they are Of God John 3:7.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

So then, when one who is Born of God "hears" the Word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13,
it brings New Birth to light 2 Tim. 1:10. In other words, to them it's the Word of Reconciliation 2 Cor. 5:19;
that they are one of the Sheep that Christ laid down His Life for John 10:11, 15; their sin debt was laid on
their Chief Shepherd Is. 53:6; 1Pet. 5:4 instead of them Rom. 4:8!

~~~~~

Samie

I would say after one believes.

"(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified)" (John 7:39).

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13).
If AFTER, then he was yet dead when he believed, and was yet separate from Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4). You are basically saying that while separate from Christ man can do SOMETHING; while Christ Himself said that separate from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When is one made spiritually alive? BEFORE or AFTER he believes?

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

1. Hear the gospel-he died for your sin and was raised for your justification
2. Believe
3. Salvation-receive his life

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While we were yet dead

While you were yet dead, you were reconciled. If you believed you were reconciled (you don't) then you would receive his life.

I know you don't have him because of the gross evil you promote.

Samie

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

1. Hear the gospel-he died for your sin and was raised for your justification
2. Believe
3. Salvation-receive his life
Was the person already spiritually alive when he heard the gospel?

If no, then how was he able to hear while yet dead?

If Yes, then he was already spiritually alive when he heard it.

So, when was he made spiritually alive?

beloved57

Eph. 1:13 isn't a freewill formula for getting oneself saved as false religion teaches.

Being made Spiritually Alive, Born of the Spirit 1 Pet. 1:23, is a prerequisite
for hearing the Gospel Prov. 20:12, the Word of God, which is Spiritual:

John 8:43, 47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Only Christ's Sheep shall hear His Voice John 10:16, 27 as evidence they are Of God John 3:7.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

So then, when one who is Born of God "hears" the Word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13,
it brings New Birth to light 2 Tim. 1:10. In other words, to them it's the Word of Reconciliation 2 Cor. 5:19;
that they are one of the Sheep that Christ laid down His Life for John 10:11, 15; their sin debt was laid on
their Chief Shepherd Is. 53:6; 1Pet. 5:4 instead of them Rom. 4:8!

~~~~~
Excellent Post !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 12

32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”

1 Timothy 2

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 12

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men,