Love of Recently Married People.

Ben Masada

One day, Jesus was paying a visit to his most dearly-more-than-a-cousin, John the Immerser, over the other side of the Jordan. Perhaps, it had been a long time since they hadn't seen each other. (John 10:40)

Soon enough, while he was enjoying the company of his dearly host, a messenger from Bethany had arrived with the message that Lazarus was so sick that he was approaching his last hour. Jesus waved the urgency, discarded the messenger, and stayed for another two days.

Before Jesus started stinking like a fish, he gathered his disciples and headed towards Bethany. There is a saying in Hebrew that, "Orechim vedagim masrihim after shelosha yamim." In English won't sound so funny but it goes thus, "Guests and fish start stinking after three days."

So, at the sight of Bethany, but still a few yards away, Martha, in tears, was running to meet Jesus, as she informed him that Lazarus had been buried already for four days. Somehow, Jesus waved her excitement away as if he had not listened to her, and asked, "Where is Mary?"

Martha got the message and ran back to the house to inform Mary that Jesus had arrived and was asking for her. This, promptly arose, and still in tears, went to meet him. As Jesus realized that Mary was crying, a strong disturbance occurred in the deepest of his emotions, and he also joined her in her predicament with likewise a tearful face.

Conclusion: a) At the news that Lazarus was at his final hour, Jesus discarded the messenger and the message for at least another two days. b) At meeting a crying Martha with the message that Lazarus was already buried, he asked for Mary. c) Mary didn't even have to speak, but the sight of a tearful face in his beloved was enough to extract from the deepest of his heart such a disturbed emotion that caused Jesus to melt all down in tears. That could not be anything else but love of the kind of recently married people. That's an extra evidence that they were married to each other. (John 11:1-38)

journey

They call this an assumption - false in this case. Jesus Christ loved lots of people, but that doesn't mean that He wasn't married to them. God's Word does NOT say that Jesus Christ was ever married - and He wasn't. The Bride of Christ is the Church which is the Body of Christ.

You won't be invited to the marriage supper because you have rejected Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. However, it's not too late for you. If you die in your sins without Christ, it will be too late.

Revelation 19:9 KJV And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Reactions: Lon

Ben Masada

1 - They call this an assumption - false in this case.

2 - Jesus Christ loved lots of people, but that doesn't mean that He wasn't married to them.

3 - God's Word does NOT say that Jesus Christ was ever married - and He wasn't.

4 - The Bride of Christ is the Church which is the Body of Christ.

5 - You won't be invited to the marriage supper because you have rejected Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. However, it's not too late for you. If you die in your sins without Christ, it will be too late.

6 - Revelation 19:9 KJV And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

1 - And how do they call the lack of a report to the effect that Jesus was NOT married? Nice try!

2 - What does it mean then, that he was married to them all? Nice try again!

3 - What does it mean then, that God's Word was a lie? The more you add a word to it my friend, worse it becomes to you. Better for you to give up.

4 - Sorry, but you have too poor a handling of metaphorical language. God's Word is quite too clear as the commandment to get marriage is concerned. He does goes literal into that(Gen. 2:24)

5 - You seem not to understand that the way you want to have Jesus only pushes him into the realm of a legend; really the concept out of a myth.

6 - How about Revelation 14:12? If you did not know it, that quote is about the Jewish People; aka the saints of the Most High who keep the commandments of HaShem and the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"...not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them," says the LORD.​

Christ lead his people out of Egypt.

Death terminates a marriage and thus ended a very troubled relationship with Judah. He had already divorced wayward Israel, but Judah proved even worse than Israel.

Now Christ has a new bride and it isn't the Judean people even though they claim to be Jews, but aren't.

Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet and to know that I have loved you. (Revelation 3:9 NKJV)​

Lon

1 - And how do they call the lack of a report to the effect that Jesus was NOT married? Nice try!

3 - What does it mean then, that God's Word was a lie? The more you add a word to it my friend, worse it becomes to you. Better for you to give up.

4 - Sorry, but you have too poor a handling of metaphorical language. God's Word is quite too clear as the commandment to get marriage is concerned. He does goes literal into that(Gen. 2:24)

5 - You seem not to understand that the way you want to have Jesus only pushes him into the realm of a legend; really the concept out of a myth.

6 - How about Revelation 14:12? If you did not know it, that quote is about the Jewish People; aka the saints of the Most High who keep the commandments of HaShem and the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.
Ephesians 5:23-32 Jesus' bride is the church, the whole body.

RBBI

While it doesn't change anything for me whether He was or was not married, it should be noted that most Jewish men by his age were married, and since He was called "Rabbi" in there, even more probable He was.

I can think of a sect that would profit from Him being unmarried, as they like to portray celibacy (even though they don't keep it themselves it seems according to the news and their criminal records) as being the only form of righteousness also, the RCC. Hmmm.....

After His death, his brothers were obligated to take her to wife to raise up seed to their brother. We know he had natural brothers.

Taken spiritually, His brothers in the Spirit, should also take care of His widow, which could be why true religion is to take care of the widows and orphans, which according to the pattern would be inner court/joined to Him as one Spirit AND with one covering/HG, and outer court/children still on milk of Word.

Woe unto them that give suck in those days (feed milk only). Peace

HisServant

You know what happens when you assume something... except in this case you are only making an *** of yourself.

Anyhow, you seem to be traveling down the same road as the Catholic church has traditionally, making up stuff simply to fill a void.

Or pretty much what Eve did.... since God really didn't say what would really happen if we eat of the tree, then lets do it and lie.

RBBI

You know what happens when you assume something... except in this case you are only making an *** of yourself.

Anyhow, you seem to be traveling down the same road as the Catholic church has traditionally, making up stuff simply to fill a void.

Or pretty much what Eve did.... since God really didn't say what would really happen if we eat of the tree, then lets do it and lie.

Who are you addressing? Peace

Bradley D

Jesus would not have told his disciples it was better not to be married. Than to have gotten married himself. Jesus was the living example of God's word.

"The disciples said to him, 'If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.' Jesus replied, 'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it” (Matthew 19:10-12).

daqq

Jesus would not have told his disciples it was better not to be married. Than to have gotten married himself. Jesus was the living example of God's word.

"The disciples said to him, 'If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.' Jesus replied, 'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it” (Matthew 19:10-12).

Excellent point. :)

Tree of Life Version
Isa 56:1 Thus says Adonai: “Preserve justice, do righteousness. For My salvation [Yeshua] is about to come, and My righteousness to be revealed.
Isa 56:2 Blessed is the one who does this, the son of man who takes hold of it, who keeps from profaning Shabbat, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Do not let a son of a foreigner who has joined himself to Adonai say, ‘Adonai will surely exclude me from His people.” Nor let the eunuch say, ‘Behold, I am a dry tree.’”
Isa 56:4 For thus says Adonai, “To the eunuchs who keep My Shabbatot, who choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant:
Isa 56:5 I will give to them in My House and within My walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters. I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the foreigners who join themselves to Adonai, to minister to Him, and to love the Name of Adonai, and to be His servants—all who keep from profaning Shabbat, and hold fast to My covenant—
Isa 56:7 these I will bring to My holy mountain, and let them rejoice in My House of Prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar. For My House will be called a House of Prayer for all nations.”
Isa 56:8 Adonai Elohim, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, “I will gather still others to him, to those already gathered.”

Ben Masada

And in the case of Paul, do you have any idea that he was a bachelor for life and even advised young men to keep away from women? He was gay and, if fact, he lived with Barnabas, another lifetime bachelor.

Last edited:

Bradley D

And in the case of Paul, do you have any idea while he was a bachelor for life and even advised young men to keep away from women? He was gay and, if fact, he lived with Barnabas, another lifetime bachelor.

Can you quote the scripture on the part of Paul being gay? Paul spoke against homosexuality in his letters.

journey

Can you quote the scripture on the part of Paul being gay? Paul spoke against homosexuality in his letters.

No, he can't. Ben Masada hates the teaching about Jesus Christ being God, so he also hates the Gospel of the Grace of God taught by the Apostle Paul. Ben will do anything to discredit Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Cross.

Ben Masada

No, he can't. Ben Masada hates the teaching about Jesus Christ being God, so he also hates the Gospel of the Grace of God taught by the Apostle Paul. Ben will do anything to discredit Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Cross.

I believe Jesus for what he really was and not for what Christianity has made him to be.

Ben Masada

Just a friendly correction in your post.
Lazarus

No, Tambora. To stink like a fish is a reference to a midrash that goes thus: "Guests and fish stink after three days." In Hebrew sounds funnier: "Orechim vedagim masrichim aharey shelosha imaminm." Jesus was visiting John the Baptist and, when he got the news that Lazarus had died and that Jesus was desperately needed, instead of rushing himself he remained another two days with John but, before three days were over aka before he started stinking like a fish he went back to Bethany. Funny or just cute?