Love Defined

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Now it's my turn to ROFLOL. Even the Holy Spirit couldn't disprove your "revelations". I gave you scripture that proved your "revelations" to be false, or at least inconsistent (which means false some of the time), but I guess the Holy Spirit is less knowledgeable about that stuff than you are.

PS. Do you stutter in your speech?

I said
ROFLOL Now that is precious. You quote two, two verses and in your mind that over rides the revelation of 50 or 60 verses. You really are wrapped up in your intellectual knowledge. Two verses, with only that many you cant even come up with a spiritual conclusion. You really don't understand what spiritual knowledge is do you.

[1Co 2:7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
[Eph 3:10
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly [places],
[1Co 2:1,
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. ... 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
[Eph 1:17
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Now it's my turn to ROFLOL. Even the Holy Spirit couldn't disprove your "revelations". I gave you scripture that proved your "revelations" to be false, or at least inconsistent (which means false some of the time), but I guess the Holy Spirit is less knowledgeable about that stuff than you are.

PS. Do you stutter in your speech?

I said
Look a smart Christian never goes after another when he doesn't have enough to finish the argument or disagreement. The best help I can give you is this. No one can dispute scripture with no more than carnal opinions. And if your going to dispute scripture you must use scripture. Even they there is a milk understanding and a meat understanding. You should find out where your at in your walk.

[Luk 14:27-32
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28 "For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has [enough] to finish [it]--
29 "lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see [it] begin to mock him, 30 "saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish.'
31 "Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?
32 "Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.

Derf

I said
ROFLOL Now that is precious. You quote two, two verses and in your mind that over rides the revelation of 50 or 60 verses. You really are wrapped up in your intellectual knowledge. Two verses, with only that many you cant even come up with a spiritual conclusion. You really don't understand what spiritual knowledge is do you.

[1Co 2:7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
[Eph 3:10
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly [places],
[1Co 2:1,
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. ... 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
[Eph 1:17
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,

Is the sheer volume of verses quoted the metric by which to judge scriptural truth, whether or not the scriptures affirm or deny your premise? If so, we could go back and forth all day until one of us quoted the whole bible in support of a single premise. But that wouldn't prove anything, would it? Just as you throwing a bunch of scripture onto your post doesn't prove your assertions in your post. The scriptures actually have to say something about your assertion.

For the assertion that Love is defined as suffering wrongfully, your quoted scriptures did not prove the assertion. Just like asserting that the definition of Love is "kindness", from 1 Cor 13:4 is not a complete definition of love, as proven by 1 Cor 13:4: 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;

The point is that though "love is kind", love is more than kindness. And though "love suffers long", love is more than suffering wrongfully. As such, neither is sufficient to define love, as a single verse is sufficient to show, since in that single verse love is both kind and suffers long (though not eternally).

Maybe if you would spend less time rolling on the floor, you might appreciate what I'm saying.

Thanks,
Derf

PS. Do you stutter when you talk? I'm just curious.

Reactions: Lon

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Is the sheer volume of verses quoted the metric by which to judge scriptural truth, whether or not the scriptures affirm or deny your premise? If so, we could go back and forth all day until one of us quoted the whole bible in support of a single premise. But that wouldn't prove anything, would it? Just as you throwing a bunch of scripture onto your post doesn't prove your assertions in your post. The scriptures actually have to say something about your assertion.

For the assertion that Love is defined as suffering wrongfully, your quoted scriptures did not prove the assertion. Just like asserting that the definition of Love is "kindness", from 1 Cor 13:4 is not a complete definition of love, as proven by 1 Cor 13:4: 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;

The point is that though "love is kind", love is more than kindness. And though "love suffers long", love is more than suffering wrongfully. As such, neither is sufficient to define love, as a single verse is sufficient to show, since in that single verse love is both kind and suffers long (though not eternally).

Maybe if you would spend less time rolling on the floor, you might appreciate what I'm saying.

Thanks,
Derf

PS. Do you stutter when you talk? I'm just curious.

I said
lol No I don't stutter. And the amount of verses one has in them does contribute greatly to how far they have come in their walk. You not knowing that reveals that your still in the milk where the most you can come up with is theology.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is an action. Many times it will be accompanied with affections. But affections will be there but THEY will not move you. Obedience to God moves you.
AFFECTIONS (CALM DELIGHT JOY,SHAME,WEEPING,Pity ADORN OR SADNESS AND COMPASSION) (NO DESIRE OR NEED)
(FROM YOUR SOUL, YOUR INNER MAN)
Phil 2:1-2
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Col 3:12-14
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Phile 1:7
7 For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.
2 Cor 6:12
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own passions.
1Thes 2:4-8
4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
5 For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness-- God is witness.
6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.
8 So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
Rom 12:10-13
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
Col 3:5
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Phil 1:2-8
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
John 11:35
35 Jesus wept.
Luke 19:41
41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it,
Rom 12:15
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
John 20:11
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
Mark 14:72
72 And a second time the rooster crowed. Then Peter called to mind the word that Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." And when he thought about it, he wept.
2 Tim 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,
5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
(NKJ)
xxx You have an inner man, and an outer person. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man and your soul is the body of your inner man. Affections come from your soul. Your outer person is where all other spirits dwell. Your guardian angel, the devil, your emotions(unclean spirits) and even the Holy Spirit. When you think- your inner man is listening to everybody elses opinions inside yourself. And your inner man makes a choice of which one to follow.

2 Tim 3:1-5

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No suffering wrongfully-no love. You didn't ask for any of your emotions, you inherited them. So when one is tormenting you and you suffer against it. You are suffering wrongfully, but doing it willingly.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Society thinks that lust and coveting is love. But Jesus says love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[1Pe 2:19-23
19 For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit [is it] if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this [is] commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Its so sad to me when I see people say things like they love their car, or they love their house. Or they love to go to a certain place for dinner. Or vacation. They don't have any idea of what love is.

[1Jo 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that [is] in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.