London Elects Muslim Mayor

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Now that's what I call deep cover...well, no, but you can bet your knickers (no, Trad :nono:) that some will.

If you aren't white Protestant there's suspicion. In the 60s some people almost lost their minds when Kennedy won because they just knew Rome was in the driver's seat. Seems odd that people assume that about other expressions of faith when so few Protestants seem particularly moved to political action by their own. :think:

Kennedy's election wasn't due in part to him being Catholic, during a time of Catholic extremism flooding into the country. Also, he was subjected to being spoken against on his religion. Free speech and whatnot- it's a crime over there.

It raises more than one red flag. It seems to me like the UK is providing a means for people to simply railroad white, conservative Christians.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Railroad ?

It's pretty self explanatory. Being railroaded.

Over in the UK, they have a limited free speech. Especially since they've done made a law prohibiting 'hate speech', which is troublesome because it is a matter of opinion of what counts as hate speech. People over there are hard pressed with it and don't want to say too much about anything, while these people who are allegedly 'hated on' get to sling their rocks and move in socially and politically.

Their laws don't revolve around resisting tyranny like America's- when people think of 'resisting tyranny', the first thing they think of is 'the right to bear arms', but the entire Constitution is built on it. And 'freedom of speech' is very important.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's pretty self explanatory. Being railroaded.

Over in the UK, they have a limited free speech. Especially since they've done made a law prohibiting 'hate speech', which is troublesome because it is a matter of opinion of what counts as hate speech. People over there are hard pressed with it and don't want to say too much about anything, while these people who are allegedly 'hated on' get to sling their rocks and move in socially and politically.

I agree, the muslim invasion is ongoing in the EU

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Kennedy's election wasn't due in part to him being Catholic, during a time of Catholic extremism flooding into the country.
Actually, it was a close election (Kennedy winning by around 100k popular votes) and his sweeping the Catholic vote was important. No idea what you mean by "Catholic extremism flooding" anywhere. Peculiar notion.

Also, he was subjected to being spoken against on his religion. Free speech and whatnot- it's a crime over there.
Now that first bit of extremism you have correctly. A lot of "tool of the Pope" nonsense going around then. But you don't appear to be very familiar with the London election or the rights of citizens relating to speech. Sadiq Khan's opponent spent a good bit of time attempting to tie him into the perception of Islamic extremism, to the point where his own sister lamented the approach as failing to represent the man that he (Goldsmith) actually was

"Khan was elected to replace Conservative Mayor Boris Johnson after a campaign marked — and many said marred — by U.S.-style negative campaigning. Goldsmith, a wealthy environmentalist, called Khan divisive and accused him of sharing platforms with Islamic extremists — a charge repeated by Prime Minister David Cameron and other senior Conservatives." ABC News, May 6, 2016

It raises more than one red flag. It seems to me like the UK is providing a means for people to simply railroad white, conservative Christians.
That's one way to describe the political process. :plain:

eider

Let's just wait and see how Sadiq does the job.
He's going to make Boris look like an inept waffler, is my guess.
And when/if he succeeds, and is aclaimed as a great mayor of one of the World's biggest cities, all the critics will have long just krept away to moan about somebody else.
Even that nice Mr Trump, the American, has offered to allow Sadiq into America, despite Sadiq being a Muslim, if he becomes the US President!

Arthur Brain

Kennedy's election wasn't due in part to him being Catholic, during a time of Catholic extremism flooding into the country. Also, he was subjected to being spoken against on his religion. Free speech and whatnot- it's a crime over there.

Yes, we're all out to get ya Cruc!

Bwahahaha!

Oh, actually, something not very interesting has just come on the telly, carry on...

Arthur Brain

Let's just wait and see how Sadiq does the job.
He's going to make Boris look like an inept waffler, is my guess.
And when/if he succeeds, and is aclaimed as a great mayor of one of the World's biggest cities, all the critics will have long just krept away to moan about somebody else.
Even that nice Mr Trump, the American, has offered to allow Sadiq into America, despite Sadiq being a Muslim, if he becomes the US President!

You mean, someone had to make Johnson look like an inept waffler?

:think:

He was certainly a better option than Goldsmith, who swapped his nicey-nicey approach early in the campaign for Islamophobic innuendo mixed with "don't vote Labour, they're all racist against Jews." He even [somewhat ironically] said that anti-Semitism was worse than other types of racism.

Plus, although there is controversy about hate speech crime law, it certainly doesn't curtail the right to free speech, which is protected through the Human Rights Act and the European Convention on Human Rights.

eider

Yeah, I've already been delivered a 'prayer mat' with appropriate geographical compass directions...doesn't come into effect until 2027 though so meh...

Yer don't need a compass! At least, not 'round here. All we lot need to do is go to our local church, which points directly in the right direction.......... well, near enough! :)