Living by God's Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul says that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23.

You don't have the spiritual ability to obey anything.
All have sinned, but the Law is not for the righteous but the sinner.

A sinner saved by grace or a person saved from their sin?

Obedience may be something that follows after (spiritual) ability. But if you are right are you saying some people are unable to obey God? If obedience is made possible by the Spirit of God who dwells in a person then those who are born again by the Spirit of God and have the Spirit of God dwelling inside of them are able to obey God.

Jesus is my Lord, and I endeavor to obey Him.

What do you do with your life? What was impossible for you may become possible to you if you are willing. God can make it possible for you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When a person lives by the law that means they are obeying God's commands found in the law. It means they do not transgress God's commands. When a person lives by the Spirit of God it may mean that they do not transgress God's law and therefore are they found doing God's commands found in the law of the old covenant or otherwise? Do you know? :) My hope is that you can learn the truth from the scripture you quote.

If you live by faith, being born again by the Spirit of God, that means that you were a sinner and God has saved you. Obedience to God's law, whether in the old covenant or the new, involves doing what is right in God's sight. No one is perfect means everyone needs to be saved. If you are saved it means you now obey (out of gratitude for salvation) because God has made it possible for you, where once you only had your best efforts.

So you obey all God's commands ? :rotfl:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

No, but I want to and I obey many of them.

I grew up a Christian so I am familiar already with New Testament commands. I have come to find out there are 1050 of them. I obey many of the commands found in Torah or the old covenant Law.

achduke

Did Paul Follow the law?

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Acts 19:5-6 6 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Romans 2:25 25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Acts 16:3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus

Acts 20:16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Acts 21:24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So who's Law keeping is more pleasing to God ? Is it your own or Christs for you in your behalf ?
It's not a matter of whose is more pleasing to God, because what Jesus has done in complete obedience to God is pleasing to God and sufficient for my salvation.

beloved57

It's not a matter of whose is more pleasing to God, because what Jesus has done in complete obedience to God is pleasing to God and sufficient for my salvation.
It is a matter of who is more pleasing to God, you or Christ. Christ kept the Law perfectly, can you do that ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is a matter of who is more pleasing to God, you or Christ. Christ kept the Law perfectly, can you do that ?
But though I want to be pleasing to God and Christ it has nothing to do with Christ being pleasing to God in all that He has done unto my salvation. What I mean is that if I say or think that I am pleasing to God, that may be well and good if it is true... but it would do nothing for my salvation. Christ kept the Law perfectly. I already know that I have not. But I also know that as a Christian God wants me to obey Him.

beloved57

But though I want to be pleasing to God and Christ it has nothing to do with Christ being pleasing to God in all that He has done unto my salvation. What I mean is that if I say or think that I am pleasing to God, that may be well and good if it is true... but it would do nothing for my salvation. Christ kept the Law perfectly. I already know that I have not. But I also know that as a Christian God wants me to obey Him.
You talk more about what you can do for God than what Christ did for God in behalf of His people!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You talk more about what you can do for God than what Christ did for God in behalf of His people!

Not true. What Christ did for me has been discussed in my life. I know what He did for me and I have demonstrated that I know what He did for me. What I do is what I can do because of what He did. My obedience adds nothing to my salvation that was purchased by Christ.

What I do in obedience to God matters to God, but not for my salvation. It can also be a different discussion from what God's Law or commands are for the unsaved or saved person / individual.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Beloved. Have you heard the song with lyrics... "it's not a question of what You can do for me... what can I do for You my Lord?!"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can obedience to God and Jesus be something Christians talk about or discuss? I believe yes.