Less is also frequently less...to say more.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I'm reading through a good number of the About Me sections in various profiles and I have to say that most of you are about as forthcoming as a Klansman at an Obama rally...seriously, would it kill you to leave something like a flash of insight there for those of us who are actually interested enough in what you have to say to wonder about the individual who said it?

For Pat's sake, at least end the male/female awkwardness in terms of our referential writings. I mean, if you're a 50 year old guy who hauls freight for a living I'd rather not make the mistake of calling you Miss...

As it stands, the lack of attention to this detail has me (in light of my own posting) feeling like that guy at the airport bar with one too many martinis in him telling his life story to an empty seat and a plastic plant.

MrRadish

I filled out my About Me section with idiosyncratic waffle, just for you fans. I know, I know, my generosity astounds even me sometimes. Writing reams of information about myself was both out of character and a terrible strain for me, I hope you'll appreciate.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: I'm astounded whenver you write something down. And I think I speak for everyone who reads them...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: I've had my info filled out correctly since I joined TOL. And, I've still been called "Sir" by several people.

Imagine

Perhaps I don't want to fill you in on who or what I am. What if I happen to enjoy being referred to as something or someone I'm not???