Legalistic Logic

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Water may be used to take the dirty off our hands but sins take a little more than just water.

The wages of sin is death, Ben. Water is only a symbol for use with the priesthood. You know this.

I'm pretty sure I referenced baptism in the dialogue.

Could you please check my initial post?

That is what I am referring to. Pretty good overall.

Legalist: Yay. Baptize me so I can return this favor.

Gospel Message: Baptism symbolizes that you are now dead, and Jesus' life is in place of yours!

Legalist: Yay!

The Body of Christ is not be baptised with water.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
And don't forget Exodus where Israel was saved from Egypt by grace.

Jamie,

This is one of my favorite passages.

The Egyptian Army is closing in and the Israelites are super upset.

God pretty much says something to the effect of...

Why is everybody whining? Tell them to be still, The Lord will fight for you!!!

Awesome peace every time I read that.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If I'm following, you're saying that there are those who hear the Gospel and accept it. However, they have never changed inwardly (I believe Paul calls this "circumcision of the heart"), and when they go forth to proclaim the Gospel, they do so still in their old self, which has an air of superiority. The ones they have brought into the church have learned a "corrupted" Gospel message, and then they...so on, and so on, and so on.

So, what you are saying, is it takes just one "milk dud Christian" (sweet on the outside, poison on the inside), to "infect" an entire generation of new Believers? Thereby, this "milk dud Christian" is actually a virus to the Church.

Am I anywhere near the mark?

That is a very important thing for people to be wary of.

Otherwise,
they will find themselves justifying obsessions, trivializing dangers of vanity, and most commonly, minimizing works while maximizing proclamation.

It's easy for many to fall into that trap, being persuaded by a false influence :plain:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The wages of sin is death, Ben. Water is only a symbol for use with the priesthood. You know this.

Are you thinking the Ethiopian eunuch was a descendant of Aaron?

So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and he baptized him. (Acts 8:38)​

Ben Masada

Okay Nick, if the wages of sin is death, what have thousands of babes done to die still babes? Okay, if you don't know the answer, change your mind because we all die for having been born and not for having sinned.

Ben Masada

Ben,

You Love HaShem with all of your heart. I appreciate your words.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

I know and He does too but, I know that His love is conditional. "If" is the token word throughout the Tanach from HaShem. "If" we remain in His way throughout our lives, He will be with us forever.

Epoisses

Okay Nick, if the wages of sin is death, what have thousands of babes done to die still babes? Okay, if you don't know the answer, change your mind because we all die for having been born and not for having sinned.

That would depend on the faith or unbelief of the parents. In your case it's unbelief.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Legalistic Logic

That would depend on the faith or unbelief of the parents. In your case it's unbelief.

John 9 (AMP)

1 While He was passing by, He noticed a man [who had been] blind from birth.
2 His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi (Teacher), who [a]sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but it was so that the works of God might be displayed and illustrated in him.

Exodus 34:7King James Version (KJV)

7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Epoisses

John 9 (AMP)

1 While He was passing by, He noticed a man [who had been] blind from birth.
2 His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi (Teacher), who [a]sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but it was so that the works of God might be displayed and illustrated in him.

Exodus 34:7King James Version (KJV)

7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Those passages have nothing to do with whether or not babies die lost or saved. Try again, graceless!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Those passages have nothing to do with whether or not babies die lost or saved. Try again, graceless!

el-guapo.gif